Posted Image

#2 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,770 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 30, 2014 - 03:43 PM

bought tickets for me and my sister(clipper fan) to this game...even if we get waxed again, i plan on going to several games over the next few years...catch some live action kobe as he gets closer to retirement.  

• Kobe-Wan Kenobi, -Wade-, Ventiquattro and 1 other like this

Posted Image

#3 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,592 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted October 30, 2014 - 03:46 PM

This one's gonna be embarrassing

#4 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,559 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 03:52 PM

It won't be a treat, I'll tell you h'what.
  • PuigNotLate likes this

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#5 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 30, 2014 - 04:08 PM

I'm giving Byron two more games to either start Ed Davis or move Lin to the bench.  One or the other has to happen. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#6 CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

Rookie

• Banned
  • 688 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Jeremy Lin and Boozer

Posted October 30, 2014 - 04:29 PM

Trick or Treat????  LOL  :woot:

Please "Like" my comments if you agree.

#7 God Shammgod

God Shammgod

"Drink Hennessey straight, with tomato juice"

• 792 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 04:33 PM

Clippers fans tomorrow

bobby-shmurda-o.gif

Clippers fans after they lose in the 2nd round

no-words-homer-into-brush.gif

I'll look like my avi for the rest of the season 

giphy.gif

• Game, Kobe-Wan Kenobi and Majesty like this

#8 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 6,177 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 30, 2014 - 04:46 PM

is kelly coming back from injury?

9QBrl.gif

#9 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,843 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted October 30, 2014 - 04:57 PM

I'm giving Byron two more games to either start Ed Davis or move Lin to the bench.  One or the other has to happen. 

You gonna fire him with a series of really long message board posts if he doesn't listen to your advice?

• CLIPPERS_RUN_LA likes this

#10 CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

Rookie

• Banned
  • 688 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Jeremy Lin and Boozer

Posted October 30, 2014 - 05:05 PM

You gonna fire him with a series of really long message board posts if he doesn't listen to your advice?

:laughing: LOL  :laughing:

Please "Like" my comments if you agree.

#11 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 05:13 PM

nope, before I question is competence.     

5-6 games of 19 point quarters should be enough to make him realize he needs to switch things up and the answer's in plain sight.  If he hasn't by then, then the only reason would be lack of competence.    

Got the Clippers and the Warriors next.  If we get blown out by 30 and then 34 and he still hasn't switched anything then he obviously doesn't get it.   

if Byron is really the "survival of the fittest" coach then there should be about 2 more games before he realizes he either needs to bench Lin like what was the case in pre-season and let him run the bench unit till Young returns, or start Ed Davis so that our offense can expand into the pick and roll elements of the triangle as well as the post up plays for Kobe in addition.   

One or the other has to happen if you want any kind of diversity within the offense.  

Like I said, answer's in plain sight.  He has 2 games to realize it. 

Edited by Majesty, October 30, 2014 - 05:15 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#12 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,992 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 30, 2014 - 06:06 PM

I dunno Maj. Hee the only offense off the bench. Lol

#13 Swift

Swift

Rookie

• 573 posts
  • Name:Swift
  • Fan Since:1984

Posted October 30, 2014 - 06:57 PM

Lin will start tomorrow's game based off of what Kobe said in the press and what Byron Scott said about him finding his game. I'm actually really curious now knowing that Lin has the blessing of Kobe and his coach to run the offense. He always excel whenever he does.
It wouldn't surprise me if Lin plays well tomorrow and it wouldn't surprise if he didn't.

Lin went off on a tear against the championship-ready San Antonio Spurs with 38 points with Harden out and Rocket lost that game.

Last night, Westbrook went off on a tear against the Trailblazers with 38 points with Durant out and OKC lost.   It doesn't matter who scored the highest points. Winning is a team effort.

#14 Swift

Swift

Rookie

• 573 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 06:59 PM

My cousins has texted me several times today to get ready for the big beatdown. It is really annoying. I want Lakers to win just so they would shut up.

#15 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 07:00 PM

Lin will start tomorrow's game based off of what Kobe said in the press and what Byron Scott said about him finding his game. I'm actually really curious now knowing that Lin has the blessing of Kobe and his coach to run the offense. He always excel whenever he does.
It wouldn't surprise me if Lin plays well tomorrow and it wouldn't surprise if he didn't.

Lin went off on a tear against the championship-ready San Antonio Spurs with 38 points with Harden out and Rocket lost that game.

Last night, Westbrook went off on a tear against the Trailblazers with 38 points with Durant out and OKC lost.   It doesn't matter who scored the highest points. Winning is a team effort.

if Lin decides to try to take Kobe's 'be aggressive' advice against Chris Paul.....it could potentially not end well. 

#16 Swift

Swift

Rookie

• 573 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 07:08 PM

if Lin decides to try to take Kobe's 'be aggressive' advice against Chris Paul.....it could potentially not end well. 

As long as he's aggressive and not lazy like Boozer.

Lin vs Lillard (preseason)  Lin held his ground.

Lin vs Beverley was evenly matched. They both gave each other hell.

Lin vs a bunch of awesome point guards on the Suns was no contest. It came from every direction. Off night/Still in a funk/Whatever it was.

Lin vs Paul.    Look at it this way. Even Paul would give Nash trouble 8 years ago. PG gives each other trouble.  Lin and Paul could each have their biggest game of the night respectively and it would boil down to who did what offensively/defensively that doesn't get on the book. How effective were they. Were their presence felt and did it change the tempo of the game? and depending on who wins or lose, it will boil down to how these two point guard approach the game.  Paul will no doubt dominate because he's just a badass like that. 

Edited by Swift, October 30, 2014 - 07:09 PM.

#17 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 30, 2014 - 07:14 PM

FINALLY!

Majesty awakens to reality and this teams outlook.

2 Games in isnt much but we are what we are.

And it aint good.

Edited by kball, October 30, 2014 - 07:14 PM.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#18 Swift

Swift

Rookie

• 573 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 07:45 PM

FINALLY!

Majesty awakens to reality and this teams outlook.

2 Games in isnt much but we are what we are.

And it aint good.

2 games into a season still isn't much because you're counting out Lin for some strange reason. Sure he's having a bad two game start but he's not a chump. Who counts a team out after two games into the season. I don't count a team out. Everyone is so TWITTER MINDED.  They just want quick result. No patience.  Everything must be done in 140 characters or less.

Kobe/Lin and Davis will have some pretty spectucular games this season and I suspect the rest of the guys will get on board as well. The problem is, you don't bleed purple and gold.

• Majesty likes this

#19 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,291 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 08:05 PM

My cousins has texted me several times today to get ready for the big beatdown. It is really annoying. I want Lakers to win just so they would shut up.

Your cousin is a jerk lol.

fXlFKv8.gif

#20 Swift

Swift

Rookie

• 573 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 08:11 PM

Your cousin is a jerk lol.

They are jerks only because their stupid team hasn't won a single Championship so they take it out on me. LOL. I've been a fan since I was a little boy and I bleed purple and gold forever before Kobe and long after Kobe. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users