#41 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted October 28, 2014 - 09:50 PM

The basketball Gods are just flat out pricks. They couldn't take Boozer or Sacre instead?

Lol that's cold
  • Biggums likes this

#42 thetruthteller

thetruthteller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 234 posts

More like the Ben Wallace injury.  Strangest thing as I watch the replay it looked like he hit his right leg with his left leg as he was going up and that is what caused the break, he fortunately landed on his left leg or some real bad damage could have been done. 

Strangest thing, looked like a Tibia injury similar to Worthy's.

Edit: it is Fractured right Tibia.  

I hope it's not this part of the Tibia...cause there could be problems....

http://orthoinfo.aao...fm?topic=A00393

#43 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,863 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

This has MDA written all over it. Bring him in for questioning.
  • Biggums, Wilfred and CLIPPERS_RUN_LA like this

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#44 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• Contributor
  • 14,996 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

That's just real unfortunate, can't believe how unlucky we've been with injuries. Hope he has a quick recovery, he was supposed to be one of the few bright spots this season. This is just depressing.

#45 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,429 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted October 28, 2014 - 09:51 PM

man this is like love and basketball.. if i recall the guy got injured..

• UKUGA likes this

ap1.png

#46 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,985 posts

Remember, Julius Randle fractured his foot in HS and had a screw inserted. But he bounced back and still dominated. He'll bounce back again.

Yeah I don't doubt at the end of the day he'll be fine, its just unfortunate for him of course and those who wanted to see him play.  :eh:

#47 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 20,339 posts

It was unclear when Randle would have surgery on what the Lakers are calling a fractured tibia, but it would obviously be soon.

#48 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,487 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 28, 2014 - 09:52 PM

B1F51uXCUAAXrnJ.jpg

#49 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,297 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 28, 2014 - 09:52 PM

Fractured Tibia's depending on the severity is usually a 10-13 week thing, he's gonna be about 8-9 weeks in a cast.  Which means he could possibly be walking again around January.   The rehab length is another question entirely.    But there's no way to be specific, it depends how long it takes it to heal and you can't rush the process. 

Julius will be physically back and able to play this year right before or after ASB, but my question is whether the Lakers will just work on him through camp and practice like the Clippers did Blake and Philly did Noel or if they'll let him play. 

You'll hear rumblings about him walking again around late January most likely.   The question is gonna be if the Lakers play him once he's 100% ready to go or if they just practice him.  

I hope he has a speedy recovery.  

Edited by Majesty, October 28, 2014 - 09:54 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#50 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,487 posts

Posted October 28, 2014 - 09:54 PM

You can tell the whole team really liked Randle. They looked at him like he was the future and could turn this franchise around possibly. Seeing that bit of hope go down really is killing them. Byron alone just looks miserable. Especially being that he's such a young kid. 

Edited by bigfetz, October 28, 2014 - 09:55 PM.

#51 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,483 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 28, 2014 - 09:54 PM

Fractured Tibia's depending on the severity is usually a 10-13 week thing, he's gonna be about 8-9 weeks in a cast.  Which means he could possibly be walking again around January.   The rehab is another question entirely.  
Julius will be physically back and able to play this year, but my question is whether the Lakers will just work on him through camp and practice like the Clippers did Blake and Philly did Noel or if they'll let him play. 
You'll hear rumblings about him practicing again around late January most likely.   The question is gonna be if the Lakers play him once he's 100% ready to go now.  
I hope he has a speedy recovery.  

Once he's 100% healthy he needs to get some minutes to develop.

#52 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,457 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 28, 2014 - 09:55 PM

Til next year young julius
Til next year

#53 L4K

L4K

Off The Bench

• 1,576 posts
  • Name:Jason

Posted October 28, 2014 - 09:55 PM

Ever since that damn veto it's been a downward spiral. Really hope Julius is back after the all-star break. Hopefully the fracture isn't so severe that he's out all season.

#54 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,487 posts

Posted October 28, 2014 - 09:58 PM

Randle is currently getting into an ambulance, to be transported to the hospital.

#55 thetruthteller

thetruthteller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 234 posts

Posted October 28, 2014 - 09:59 PM

Often confused, the Tibia is the shin bone that bears most of the weight and the Fibula is the splint bone located on the outside of the lower leg. Tibial fractures are also classified into closed fractures (where the skin is not broken by the fracture fragments) and open fractures (where the fracture fragments break through the skin). All Tibial fractures are medical emergencies and prompt hospital treatment is always required.

The usual healing time for a mid-shaft Tibia and Fibula fracture treated with cast immobilisation is 12 to 16 weeks. This is followed by rehabilitation with a Chartered Physiotherapist to restore the range of ankle and knee movement, and to restore the muscle strength that is lost during the immobilisation period. Depending on the fracture type and its location the orthopaedic doctor may allow the use of aRemovable Plastic Cast Walker instead of a plaster cast.

12-16 weeks Immobilized....BEFORE Rehab ?......Say bye-bye to Julias for this season folks. No chance he plays again this season.

Edited by thetruthteller, October 28, 2014 - 10:00 PM.

#56 Shiro

Shiro

Rookie

• 1,058 posts

At least its something he should be able to completely recover from.

#57 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,297 posts

Once he's 100% healthy he needs to get some minutes to develop.

Probably.  It just depends on whether the Lakers decide they want to play him or develop him in practice the way the Clippers did with Blake and Philly did with Noel.  Randle will probably want to play.  Depends where we are, and depends if we want to play him at that time.  

If I had to guess, Randle will want to play, we'll get practice videos and see him doing a few things.  But he won't play.   

I think that we're gonna see a lot of Ed Davis now as long as he can remain healthy as well so we may just test Randle in practice instead.   See him in summer league and expect him to come back his 2nd year a little more up to NBA speed and bounce back.  

But he ain't gonna be able to do much for the next 10-13 weeks BEFORE rehab depending on the severity, Could be a week longer too. But I'd guess 10-13 before rehab. 

Edited by Majesty, October 28, 2014 - 10:00 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#58 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,411 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

I suspect he will be fine long-term. They won't rush him back for this mess.

No shot at ROY now, though.

Don't feed the trolls. 

#59 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,297 posts

Posted October 28, 2014 - 10:01 PM

Yep because he played a game.   Unlike noel and blake whom happened in pre-season or before the season ever began. 

Question, is that the same leg of the ankle he twisted against Sacramento?

Edited by Majesty, October 28, 2014 - 10:01 PM.

#60 thetruthteller

thetruthteller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 234 posts

Posted October 28, 2014 - 10:03 PM

The fact that he played in this game...I think even if he misses the rest of this season, he still will not be eligible for the ROY next season...is that right ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: julius randle, randle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users