Photo

How many points will Kobe average this season?

kb24 kobe lakers

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#141 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,551 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 13, 2014 - 01:24 AM

The crazy thing about Kobe this year is he's either hot or cold. He'll go through a ridiculous stretch like the first quarter tonight starting 6-10 then somehow end up 10-29. Or the opposite in Golden State when he couldn't hit a shot in the first half then exploded in the third. I do expect his efficiency to at least reach 42-43% but one things for sure, Kobe demands defensive attention that only a handful of others in the league can. I remember people doubting that but it's obvious opponents still think he's a threat

That's right, but what good is it to demand defensive attention if you dont turn it into easier points for your teammates. I think Kobe is too predictable at this point. Everyone knows exactly what he's going to do, which makes it that much harder for him.

#142 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,054 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 13, 2014 - 01:36 AM

His teammates couldn't produce if given the chance.  And if they did, none of them can play defense, so any offense is a moot point.

Let Kobe shoot at will, it's really the only thing (aside from the occasional Ed Davis play) worth watching on this team.

• LakeShow805 likes this

#143 M.X.M.

M.X.M.

@WeCarpeDiem

• 3,855 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted November 13, 2014 - 02:45 AM

I think young returning will help kobe scoring and his %. We take young for granted. Plus we might win some games.

IG: @WeCarpeDiem 

Twitter: @WeCarpeDiem

#144 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,683 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted November 13, 2014 - 04:00 PM

Survey says Im pretty spot on so far

26, 4, 4, 1.5

Edited by gque24, November 13, 2014 - 04:01 PM.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#145 CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

Rookie

• Banned
  • 688 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Jeremy Lin and Boozer

Posted November 16, 2014 - 12:27 AM

Bryant is now averaging 25.4 points following last night's 9 point game on 1-14 shooting.  

Of the top 90 leading scorers in the NBA, Kobe has the lowest FG% at 36.7% and he averages more shot attempts (23 per game) than any other player in the NBA.  

Please "Like" my comments if you agree.

#146 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,537 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 16, 2014 - 12:35 AM

yeah...not a good look

#147 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,928 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 16, 2014 - 01:02 AM

His teammates couldn't produce if given the chance.  And if they did, none of them can play defense, so any offense is a moot point.

Let Kobe shoot at will, it's really the only thing (aside from the occasional Ed Davis play) worth watching on this team.

I disagree.  These guys have been playing basketball for over half of their lives...it doesn't change.

The problem is noone knows what Kobe's gonna do on any given play.  It's hard to be consistent or react the right way when you're constantly guessing.

Just because Kobe passes the ball when he gets doubled doesn't mean the player he passed the ball is in position to score, in a spot he's comfortable scoring from or is in rhythm.

Kobe is NOT a point guard or floor general.  It's darn near impossible for team to get or sustain chemistry with the ball in the hands of your SCORER 90% of time.

Blaming Kobe's teammates isn't just wrong, it's backwards.  If this team ran the offense thru the PG and BIGS like it's SUPPOSED TO, everyone would be able eat on a consistent basis.  Our problem for the LONGEST time has been too much emphasis on perimeter scoring and not enough post play, inside-out passing or off ball scoring/movement.

As long as Kobe free-lances, there is no need blame anyone else.

As long as we don't run a reliable offense thru the post, we shouldn't blame anyone else.

As long as Kobe is the primary ball handler, we can't even PRETEND to claim everyone else has equal chance score or be in rhythm.

This isn't new.  As long as Kobe was in his prime and could do amazing things, people gave him a pass.  The truth is, it was never good basketball...just a truly transcendent talent doing things noone could predict or defend.

Now, it's caught up with us.  Now, there is no excuse for it.  You can't consistently build around that.  And now that Kobe's past his prime and he can't do what he once did, now you want to excuse it by saying his teammates are timid or don't want to shoot?

Everybody on this team is playing to get paid except Kobe.  Scoring get's you paid.  So why would they NOT want to shoot?

And this post is to everyone, not just fido...

• MaceWindu likes this

tenor.gif

#148 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted November 16, 2014 - 06:40 AM

That sounds dandy and all but whose our post presence? Boozer? All he does is face up and shoot if he's told to get to work and Kobe attracts more attention down there than him (even though he has struggled so far). And letting the point guard run the show would be amazing if only the point guard wasn't a backup caliber PG at best. In Kobes career if he's had suitable big men they've been all stars and he's NEVER had a capable point guard in his career. Again this sounds great and all but it all goes back to the lack of talent on this team.

#149 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,589 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 16, 2014 - 07:00 AM

What's our record again?

#150 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,683 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted November 16, 2014 - 10:03 AM

So many of you have no clue about basketball nor this assembled team. Are you watching gms or just boxscore
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#151 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,158 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted November 16, 2014 - 01:35 PM

I disagree. These guys have been playing basketball for over half of their lives...it doesn't change.

The problem is noone knows what Kobe's gonna do on any given play. It's hard to be consistent or react the right way when you're constantly guessing.

Just because Kobe passes the ball when he gets doubled doesn't mean the player he passed the ball is in position to score, in a spot he's comfortable scoring from or is in rhythm.

Kobe is NOT a point guard or floor general. It's darn near impossible for team to get or sustain chemistry with the ball in the hands of your SCORER 90% of time.

Blaming Kobe's teammates isn't just wrong, it's backwards. If this team ran the offense thru the PG and BIGS like it's SUPPOSED TO, everyone would be able eat on a consistent basis. Our problem for the LONGEST time has been too much emphasis on perimeter scoring and not enough post play, inside-out passing or off ball scoring/movement.

As long as Kobe free-lances, there is no need blame anyone else.
As long as we don't run a reliable offense thru the post, we shouldn't blame anyone else.
As long as Kobe is the primary ball handler, we can't even PRETEND to claim everyone else has equal chance score or be in rhythm.

This isn't new. As long as Kobe was in his prime and could do amazing things, people gave him a pass. The truth is, it was never good basketball...just a truly transcendent talent doing things noone could predict or defend.

Now, it's caught up with us. Now, there is no excuse for it. You can't consistently build around that. And now that Kobe's past his prime and he can't do what he once did, now you want to excuse it by saying his teammates are timid or don't want to shoot?

Everybody on this team is playing to get paid except Kobe. Scoring get's you paid. So why would they NOT want to shoot?

And this post is to everyone, not just fido...

so if its Kobe's fault that they can't get in rhythm, than whose fault was it when Lin got benched last season, who's fault was it when Jordan Hill was on the Knicks/Rockets, who's fault is it that Wes has been on 3 teams in 4 years? Our team is full of players that would struggle to make a roster elsewhere. If we had other reliable options than maybe I would agree with you but that isn't the case. Our second best scorer has been injured and our third best is Lin who should never ever be relied on to score. Everybody keeps telling Kobe to pass while ignoring the fact that we have the WORST roster in the NBA. I'd rather have the sixers roster than ours, hell there's a couple of college teams that id take roster over ours.

Edited by kidpolean, November 16, 2014 - 01:37 PM.

#152 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,456 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 16, 2014 - 07:59 PM

Before the season started, I thought he'd have some 40 pt games, but no 50.

Didn't expect him to take this many shots; in part because I didn't think the team would be quite this bad. 

Go Kobe!

Don't feed the trolls. 

#153 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 08:33 PM

Before the season started, I thought he'd have some 40 pt games, but no 50.

Didn't expect him to take this many shots; in part because I didn't think the team would be quite this bad.

Go Kobe!

He's deff getting 50 this year, was 6 points off tonight in only 3 quarters. It might not be pretty sometimes but he'll get a couple

#154 MrRJ

MrRJ

Rookie

• 1,093 posts
  • Name:Raymond Perez
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 16, 2014 - 08:43 PM

Kobe's working way too hard for his shots. No easy ones. Cross dribble fadeway 3. Double pump miderange. Post up, backdown double pump get hacked half the time you get the call other time it's an amazing layup or ugly miss. I get running through him but none of kobe's points are off ball. No easy jumpers, no cutting to the basket layups. It's hard to watch especially when the Lakers are down by 35+. He's bound to get hurt at some point playing this way.

This is coming from a huge Kobe supporter.

Edited by MrRJ, November 16, 2014 - 08:44 PM.

#155 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,063 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted November 16, 2014 - 09:06 PM

He's deff getting 50 this year, was 6 points off tonight in only 3 quarters. It might not be pretty sometimes but he'll get a couple

Who cares if he gets 50 it's going to be on the worst Lakers team ever

#156 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted November 16, 2014 - 09:06 PM

GCMD still doesn't get it. 

LIN is the ball handler. HE is supposed to dictate the offense. HE DOESN'T.  Should kobe wait until we are down 35 points to do "unpredictable" kobe ball?

We have NO big man to run the offense through.

Kobe has TOLD Lin through media and in person to take the reigns, be a chris paul and dictate how the offense runs.

Edited by RobBlake, November 16, 2014 - 09:09 PM.

ap1.png

#157 Ace

Ace

Rookie

• 692 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 16, 2014 - 09:10 PM

Kobe's working way too hard for his shots. No easy ones. Cross dribble fadeway 3. Double pump miderange. Post up, backdown double pump get hacked half the time you get the call other time it's an amazing layup or ugly miss. I get running through him but none of kobe's points are off ball. No easy jumpers, no cutting to the basket layups. It's hard to watch especially when the Lakers are down by 35+. He's bound to get hurt at some point playing this way.

I'm surprised you just noticed now, for the most part that has been Kobe's game in his career.

Edited by Ace, November 16, 2014 - 09:28 PM.

Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't. -Jerry Rice

#158 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted November 16, 2014 - 09:12 PM

he did that with

Nash

Kobe

Metta

Gasol

Howard

was the lineup and it was career highs in efficiency

ap1.png

#159 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 09:22 PM

Who cares if he gets 50 it's going to be on the worst Lakers team ever

It looks horrible now but their schedule has been ridiculous. They'll be horrible but I don't know if they'll lose more games than last year. Even if they do at least we get to watch a legendary gunner probably gun more than he ever has

#160 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,154 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 16, 2014 - 09:28 PM

Kobe is a type of player that would miss a wide open jumper but calmly sink it over 2 players.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kb24, kobe, lakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users