Photo

How many points will Kobe average this season?

kb24 kobe lakers

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#81 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,135 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 06, 2014 - 12:01 PM

Honestly dont care to argue about Kobe's shooting.  This team is done and this is the end of the road for him.  He chose this way out by signing up for 2 more years.  Don't be frustrated for him.  He's more than paid. 

• Jackson likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#82 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,061 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted November 06, 2014 - 12:04 PM

You seem to forget we got David Stern'd two years ago, and then we got Dwight Howarded a year ago. It is what it is.

I didn't forget that that's not what we were talking about.

#83 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,128 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 06, 2014 - 12:08 PM

Honestly dont care to argue about Kobe's shooting.  This team is done and this is the end of the road for him.  He chose this way out by signing up for 2 more years.  Don't be frustrated for him.  He's more than paid. 

Jody Smokes speaking the truth. Kobe shoots, we lose. Kobe passes, we lose.

#84 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,061 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 12:09 PM

Well it's on management for putting us on this situation if it's a lose lose paying someone 25 mill a year

#85 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,128 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 12:12 PM

Well it's on management for putting us on this situation if it's a lose lose paying someone 25 mill a year

Trust me, no team with Kobe Bryant on their team will lose money. He's a cash cow. Management knew we were gonna suck for some time so they offered Kobe's big contract so he stays with the Lakers instead of taking less to play for a contender. They fooled him into it. He got blinded by the money. That way the Lakers can suck but continue to make a lot of money.

#86 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,061 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 12:15 PM

Trust me, no team with Kobe Bryant on their team will lose money. He's a cash cow. Management knew we were gonna suck for some time so they offered Kobe's big contract so he stays with the Lakers instead of taking less to play for a contender. They fooled him into it. He got blinded by the money. That way the Lakers can suck but continue to make a lot of money.

Yea that is what I'm starting to see plus even on this forum I see people enjoying this and accepting us losing but Kobe gets to shoot. We either need to be a championship caliber team or we need to be rebuilding
  • Jackson likes this

#87 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 327 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted November 06, 2014 - 12:17 PM

Between now and the time he is injured again later this season, he will average 25 pts.  Once he is injured again, later this season, he will average zero (0). 

#88 CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

Rookie

• Banned
  • 688 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Jeremy Lin and Boozer

Posted November 06, 2014 - 12:18 PM

Not necessarily.  If Kobe passes the ball to the open man (instead of forcing the shot in order to try and acquire points for himself), the TEAM actually does better!!!    But alas, Kobefans are happy to see Kobe score points.   When the Lakers lose, it's just a sign to them that Kobe is doing his part (by scoring the points) and the rest of the team needs to step it up.  fun stuff, lol 

Please "Like" my comments if you agree.

#89 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,128 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 12:26 PM

Yea that is what I'm starting to see plus even on this forum I see people enjoying this and accepting us losing but Kobe gets to shoot. We either need to be a championship caliber team or we need to be rebuilding

Yeah.

I suggested that the Lakers trade Kobe Bryant so we can rebuild correctly, but that notion was shot down. The NBA is a business and the Lakers need to make money. They're keeping Kobe Bryant at all costs. Normally when teams do bad, their finances do bad. The Lakers are trying to avoid losing on both ends.

But trade or keep Kobe, we will most likely be one of the worst teams in the NBA. So if I were the Lakers, I would keep Kobe to sell tickets and attract viewers.

As fans this sucks and is painful to watch. But the NBA is a business.

Edited by Jackson, November 06, 2014 - 12:27 PM.

#90 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,527 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 06, 2014 - 12:45 PM

Some of the comments make no sense.

Lakers are rebuilding. Hence Randle, Kelly ,Clarkson, Davis.

We have Houston's 1st rounder and money for a max next season and the following one

#91 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,091 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted November 06, 2014 - 12:48 PM

I think that you are confusing fans that acknowledge reality with fans that don't care that we are losing as long as Kobe gets to shoot. The reality of the situation is that this team sucks. Our second best player would be a bench player on a contender. Imo, Kobe chucking up shots is the only way we will get a lucky win. The rest of the team has showed no reason to be trusted to carry the offense. They all suck. I'd much rather we have a young talented team or a contender but we don't. We have a bunch is scrubs with no potential to grow and Kobe. Kobe's shooting is irrelevant at this point.

#92 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,091 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted November 06, 2014 - 12:49 PM

Not necessarily.  If Kobe passes the ball to the open man (instead of forcing the shot in order to try and acquire points for himself), the TEAM actually does better!!!    But alas, Kobefans are happy to see Kobe score points.   When the Lakers lose, it's just a sign to them that Kobe is doing his part (by scoring the points) and the rest of the team needs to step it up.  fun stuff, lol 

CP3 has been passing to the open man his whole career and hasn't won [expletive]!

#93 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,135 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 01:03 PM

Lakers aren't signing a max deal player next year either.  Their sights are set on 2016 if possible for that.  They are going to rent their cap space for bad deals to acquire picks and assets next year.  The only max level guys on the market next year are guys that are most likely going to reup on their current teams with bird rights OR going to a better destination.

Marc is probably the only guy that I can see moving on but that would only be to the Knicks due to Phil, triangle and Jose Calderon rumored influence.  Aldridge is not leaving a 24 year old Lillard and other quality pieces to team up with Kobe at the age of 37, Love probably doesnt leave Cleveland and Rondo has no reason to leave the C's to come to LA for less money. 

Edited by Jody Smokes, November 06, 2014 - 01:04 PM.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#94 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,135 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 01:13 PM

I'd like to see LA try to squeeze Eric Gordon out of NO.  Has a 15M player option for 15-16 that ends with the Kobe deal but worth taking a chance on in what will be year 2 of a rebuild.  I know NO is trying to get him out of dodge. 

#95 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted November 06, 2014 - 01:20 PM

I'd like to see LA try to squeeze Eric Gordon out of NO. Has a 15M player option for 15-16 that ends with the Kobe deal but worth taking a chance on in what will be year 2 of a rebuild. I know NO is trying to get him out of dodge.

That guy hasn't been healthy since his clipper days, no thanks.

#96 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,135 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 01:22 PM

If healthy and if we don't have to give up anything of substance to do so.  I'd let them dump him on us like Houston did Lin.  If it doesn't work out he's gone in 2016 with Kobe.  Again, its just a possible deal they could pursue. 

That guy hasn't been healthy since his clipper days, no thanks.

#97 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,135 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 01:25 PM

Gerald Wallace is another guy that comes to mind.  Dump that horrible deal on us for that Clippers 2015 pick and hope they have a bit of bad luck like OKC lol

#98 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,061 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 01:53 PM

Gerald Wallace is another guy that comes to mind. Dump that horrible deal on us for that Clippers 2015 pick and hope they have a bit of bad luck like OKC lol

I don't see how these trades are possible since we have no cap room to absorb there contracts

#99 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,128 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 01:55 PM

Shock moves do happen. As long as the Laker go out and try to get someone this offseason, I will be happy. Even if they don't get anyone.

#100 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,760 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted November 06, 2014 - 02:03 PM

I say Kobe will average 35 pts a game, pass Jordan for the scoring record and just stop playing for the rest of the season. Wait for next season when Jeanie fire Jim Buss and Mitch Kuptchak, rehire Jerry West and have a better roster

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kb24, kobe, lakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users