Photo

How many points will Kobe average this season?

kb24 kobe lakers

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#61 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted November 06, 2014 - 12:29 AM

He is shooting 40 percent averaging 3 turnovers and is averaging the third most shots per game in NBA history . He isn't having a good season because he leads the league in scoring

Huh, there is no way 24 shots per game is the third most in nba history. A.I has shot more than that multiple times, as has MJ, Wilt, Rick Barry and Kobe himself. Plus comparing this to full regular seasons is a bit of a reach

#62 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,440 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 06, 2014 - 12:33 AM

Huh, there is no way 24 shots per game is the third most in nba history. A.I has shot more than that multiple times, as has MJ, Wilt, Rick Barry and Kobe himself. Plus comparing this to full regular seasons is a bit of a reach

#63 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,440 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 12:35 AM

Instead of praising Kobe's greatness and the fact he's still dominating on offense @ the age of 36 and coming off 2 major injuries, they choose to slander and crticize him.

This season is a lost cause. Enjoy Kobe's game while he's still around. Once Kobe retires, old school Basketball goes with him.

#64 CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

Rookie

• Banned
  • 688 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Jeremy Lin and Boozer

Posted November 06, 2014 - 12:39 AM

They were talking about Bryant's goal for this season, 2014-15.   

I think they're spot on.

The guys on AM570 said earlier tonight:  

"Kobe has one goal this year, to lead the league in scoring.  

This way he can preserve his reputation." 

That's consistent with what I've seen from him.  Choosing to take contested shots on fast breaks while he has wide open trailers that could easily convert the deuce if he passes the ball up.  The other PPG leaders are playing team basketball.  big difference.

The other PPG leaders who are playing team basketball have no rings. Kobe Bryant has 5 of them.

Five.

Edited by CLIPPERS_RUN_LA, November 06, 2014 - 12:40 AM.

Please "Like" my comments if you agree.

#65 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,592 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted November 06, 2014 - 12:44 AM

Well, he is leading the league in scoring right now, and with the way things are going, I don't expect that to change unless of course he gets injured. 

Oh, and Rondo's almost averaging a triple double through 4 games, for what it's worth. 

• Jackson likes this

#66 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 06, 2014 - 07:33 AM

Rather watch Kobe round into shape early this season by forcing up shots and determining his newer game and what he's still capable of and his durability...and smooth out more as the grind wears on this year.

I really thought he'd be at 20 pts with minute restrictions and a limp.

So far, I'll take what he's given us and hope the ball moves more on offense and the defense shows up on occasion (his and teams)

• MaceWindu likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#67 Bishop*

Bishop*

Rookie

• 323 posts
  • Name:Kofi Oppong
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 06, 2014 - 08:49 AM

37 shots to make 39 points shooting 37% and your team looses. That is not being any hero to me. He deserves the criticism. There are some games that are very winnable and Kobe should pick and choose which games he will play like that.

• Jody Smokes and LAkerFan85 like this

#68 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,288 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 06, 2014 - 09:14 AM

Exactly.  All Im saying is its ok to put some blame on him.  It's like Phil is the only person that isn't considered a "hater" to ever acknowledge that Kobe hero ball is not a good thing. 

37 shots to make 39 points shooting 37% and your team looses. That is not being any hero to me. He deserves the criticism. There are some games that are very winnable and Kobe should pick and choose which games he will play like that.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#69 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,186 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 06, 2014 - 09:16 AM

Those stats sound great to me all because we got the lost. Kobe can jack all the shots he wants and pad his stats as long as we keep losing can't be upset about anything lol

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#70 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,589 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 06, 2014 - 09:24 AM

He can do whatever he wants.

This year is a bust. 

Need a bottom 2 record to secure a top 5 pick. 

Don't feed the trolls. 

#71 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,078 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted November 06, 2014 - 10:28 AM

I'm just arguing someone point that he was doing well because he leads the league in scoring

#72 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,440 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 11:22 AM

Kobe can't catch a break with some of you guys.

He shoots less and averages less = KOBE IS NOT PLAYING UP TO HIS STANDARDS AND NOT EARNING HIS SALARY.

He shoots more and averages more = KOBE NEEDS TO PASS THE BALL WE NEED BALL MOVEMENT.

The fact is: When Kobe scores 40 or more, the Lakers win 70% of the time.

The List: When Kobe scores 40+ with Lakers Win % (Full Stats Updates)

This does not include Kobe's stats from the 2012-2013 season.

Regular Season:

-- When Kobe scores 40+ Lakers in those games have a 78-34 winning regular season record good for a 70% win rate.

-- An 82-game season would equate that as a 57-25 regular season record.

-- Kobe has made 1733/3384 shots good for a .512 FG% for the season.

Playoffs:

-- When Kobe scores 40+ Lakers in those games have an 10-2 winning playoff record good for 91% win rate in the playoffs.

-- Kobe has made 186/347 shots good for a .536 FG% in the Playoffs.

Edited by Jackson, November 06, 2014 - 11:23 AM.

#73 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,078 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 11:28 AM

He shoots less and averages less = KOBE IS NOT PLAYING UP TO HIS STANDARDS AND NOT EARNING HIS SALARY.

He shoots more and averages more = KOBE NEEDS TO PASS THE BALL WE NEED BALL MOVEMENT.

Regular Season:

-- When Kobe scores 40+ Lakers in those games have a 78-34 winning regular season record good for a 70% win rate.

Playoffs:

-- When Kobe scores 40+ Lakers in those games have an 10-2 winning playoff record good for 91% win rate in the playoffs.

What about the amount of shots he is attempting. It is harder for Kobe to score and I don't see him getting to fourty shooting a good percentage so the numbers you put up mean nothing since he does not score efficiently. Sometimes criticism against Kobe is valid.shooting 37 shots to get 39 points is not good you would have to agree

Edited by erfolk, November 06, 2014 - 11:30 AM.

• CLIPPERS_RUN_LA likes this

#74 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted November 06, 2014 - 11:32 AM

I think that some of you have clearly never played a team sport. If your team us garbage than they are garbage regardless of how many times you give them the ball. I've played on teams that haven't won games in entire seasons and one thing you learn real quick is that you as the best player have a better chance doing everything by yourself and praying that you catch fire than to pass I to a guy that might get a lucky basket every 10 times he takes a shot.
  • Jackson likes this

#75 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,440 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 11:32 AM

What about the amount of shots he is attempting. It is harder for Kobe to score and I don't see him getting to fourty shooting a good percentage so the numbers you put up mean nothing since he does not score efficiently. Sometimes criticism against Kobe is valid.shooting 37 shots to get 39 points is not good you would have to agree

Of course. But who cares? Kobe's game is still beautiful to watch. Sit back and enjoy the show. If we were contending for a championship, I would definitely have a problem with Kobe shooting that much. Heck even Kobe himself would know not to do that.

#76 CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

Rookie

• Banned
  • 688 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Jeremy Lin and Boozer

Posted November 06, 2014 - 11:35 AM

I cite specific plays from specific games, including the time on the clock, the quarter, and a specific description of the play.   There's a pattern of Bryant taking contested shots in lieu of passing to a wide open player.   His FG% and Lakers' team record is not great.

At some point, it makes sense to pass the ball to a wide open man instead of taking contested shots.

Regular Season:

Playoffs:

• LAkerFan85 likes this
Please "Like" my comments if you agree.

#77 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,078 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 11:42 AM

Of course. But who cares? Kobe's game is still beautiful to watch. Sit back and enjoy the show. If we were contending for a championship, I would definitely have a problem with Kobe shooting that much. Heck even Kobe himself would know not to do that.

I'm not enjoying watching him shoot and where losing. If this was the case then we should not have 're signed him and started rebuilding by signing young players. I want us to get back to championship contention not sit back and enjoy this show

#78 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,440 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 11:43 AM

I cite specific plays from specific games, including the time on the clock, the quarter, and a specific description of the play.   There's a pattern of Bryant taking contested shots in lieu of passing to a wide open player.   His FG% and Lakers' team record is not great.

At some point, it makes sense to pass the ball to a wide open man instead of taking contested shots.

Yeah but he has 5 championship rings by not passing to scrubs who are left wide open by defenses for a reason.

#79 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,440 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 11:46 AM

I'm not enjoying watching him shoot and where losing. If this was the case then we should not have 're signed him and started rebuilding by signing young players. I want us to get back to championship contention not sit back and enjoy this show

You seem to forget we got David Stern'd two years ago, and then we got Dwight Howarded a year ago. It is what it is.

#80 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,440 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 11:49 AM

After Kobe went down with his Achilles injury, never did I think that I would see this again:

jD4g2wr.png

Wheres the TMAC's at? Where's the Vince Carters? What happened to B-Diddy? Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen? Kobe's a warrior.

But you say he's chucking? Well he was chucking in 2005-2007 while he was the hands down the best basketball player in the NBA.

• M.X.M. likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kb24, kobe, lakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users