Photo

Warner Bros. Unveils DC Comics Film Slate

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 52,864 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 16, 2014 - 09:27 PM

There's no way Margot Robbie isn't being cast as Harley Quinn if she's in 'SUICIDE SQUAD'.

Edited by Majesty, October 16, 2014 - 09:28 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#22 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts
  • Name:Jorge Negrete
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 17, 2014 - 05:53 AM

No it's not nolan/bale but expect an affleck/affleck combo meaning ben directing and starring which means expect a gritty batman

Affleck will create a great batman.

Also DC has incredibly interesting characters. DC is far more mythological which may make for interesting films.

WB has really impressed me. Hiring ayers for the suicide squad movie. Bringing in affleck and Chris terrio

Casting Ezra miller, jason Momoa, and affleck

WB hasa plan expect man of steel 2 and batman to come out within the next 5 years

My guess is one will be 2018, one will be 2019

I'm really interested in the story that's been created,

This slate means they have something in mind to string it all together. It's like with marvel. People pretend like civil war was a recent thought. No

Kevin feige had that planned from iron man 1. There's a reason his finger print is on every marvel movie, he's pushing towards a goal.

I see similar things happening with DC. Dawn of justice is essentially the fire, man of steel was the spark

Interesting points.

I'd love for Ben to direct a Batman film, and based on what we see from him in the upcoming BvS also star in it.

but..

Maybe another re-boot with a younger dude cast and Affleck directing would also work.

Edited by ace™, October 17, 2014 - 05:55 AM.

#23 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 3,302 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted October 17, 2014 - 12:20 PM

Hell yeah, that suicide squad movie is gonna be awesome
  • Majesty likes this
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#24 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 52,864 posts

Posted October 17, 2014 - 08:07 PM

B0G8UbRCMAAKggX.jpg

Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn fan art 

K1SrLKTl.png

YES! 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#25 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 14,396 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 17, 2014 - 11:55 PM

Will Smith is in it, count me out.

Dude is simply terrible.

#26 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,068 posts

Posted October 18, 2014 - 12:35 AM

Will Smith is in it, count me out.

Dude is simply terrible.

This can not be a serious post.

Officially done.
  • Mr Terrific, Danny, BleedPurple&Gold and 2 others like this

#27 fido

fido

• 14,396 posts

Posted October 18, 2014 - 04:30 PM

Serious as a heart attack.

He is an awful actor and a megalomaniacal jerk on sets.

#28 Tommy Karate

Tommy Karate

3rd Eye Vision

• 1,205 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, Ron Artest, Magic

Posted October 18, 2014 - 04:36 PM

Serious as a heart attack.

He is an awful actor and a megalomaniacal jerk on sets.

I'm ok with Will sometimes his good sometimes I don't care for it.... But that last part you said, I have heard stories of him that make him seem like nothing more than an [expletive].

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

#29 fido

fido

• 14,396 posts

Posted October 18, 2014 - 04:41 PM

He is a class A jerk wad.

I've known several people who worked on a set with him and he guy is nothing but a pain in the butt at all times. Couple that with his mediocre at best talent and I will never pay to see him in anything.

#30 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,262 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted October 18, 2014 - 04:54 PM

omfg, if Will Smith and Hardy join up... then just take my money now

• Majesty likes this

ap1.png

#31 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,262 posts

Posted October 18, 2014 - 04:55 PM

He is a class A jerk wad.

I've known several people who worked on a set with him and he guy is nothing but a pain in the butt at all times. Couple that with his mediocre at best talent and I will never pay to see him in anything.

lmao @ mediocre talent.

Personal account on "stars" told from other people doesn't really mean much unless i witness it myself. 

Edited by RobBlake, October 18, 2014 - 04:58 PM.

ap1.png

#32 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,068 posts

Posted October 18, 2014 - 06:10 PM

Fido, there is a difference between not liking the guy and not respecting his work.

Will Smith is far from a "mediocre talent", sorry. If that's your opinion, feel free to express it, but you're 100% wrong and in the absolute minority.
  • Majesty and RobBlake like this

#33 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,262 posts

Posted October 18, 2014 - 06:34 PM

Fido, there is a difference between not liking the guy and not respecting his work.

Will Smith is far from a "mediocre talent", sorry. If that's your opinion, feel free to express it, but you're 100% wrong and in the absolute minority.

if hes a dick then hes a dick... still hard to gauge  that from others people accounts.. i work and go to school with dbags but they may be cool in other environments 

ap1.png

#34 fido

fido

• 14,396 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 03:20 AM

I'm not 100% wrong.

He is a mediocre talent. You can't grant someone their opinion then cast it as100% wrong. I go by what I see and that's a mediocre talent that treats people around him like crap on the set.

You grew up with the guy on TV and more than likely have a sentimental attachment to the guy. I don't. He's a fine a dozen guy that compounds his mediocrity with a bad attitude.

#35 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,068 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 04:32 AM

Bad attitude is here say. That doesn't mean anything. I can no longer take your opinion serious because it's clearly biased. Have you been on set with Will Smith? Have you personally worked with him? You're using here say from other people to form an opinion that you want to justify as credible when it's absolutely not. I don't need to have a sentimental attachment to someone to see what they are. I just don't let my personal opinion cloud my judgment, you should try it.

Oh, man. Such a terrible attitude from this guy. Tell me again how mediocre he and his consecutively number 1 ranked box office films are.

Hey, out of curiosity, who do you consider a non-mediocre actor(s)? Who's your personal favorite?
  • RobBlake likes this

#36 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,098 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted October 19, 2014 - 07:37 AM

Will Smith is Terrible?? Ha!

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, October 19, 2014 - 07:38 AM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#37 fido

fido

• 14,396 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 09:51 PM

You're funny Massacre, I thought you were done with me, but it seems my opinion matters a ton to you (or at least more than you care to admit).  Anyway, yeah I'll take my close friend's account over an interview where he puts on his best face during a press junket for a movie he's hocking.

You're unusually defensive about Will Smith.  All I can do is assume that, judging by your age and preference that you grew up with the guy on TV, in music, movies, etc., he's a childhood hero.  That's fine, but to boldly claim that someone who has a contrary opinion to yours is 100% wrong is pretty much a more subjective and judgmental opinion than anything else.  I never said you're wrong for liking him, you're the one that lashed out at me in defense of someone you like.  You can hate everyone I like (as far as entertainers) and I wouldn't bat an eye.  I don't know why everyone has to like who you like in order for them to be right about their own opinion.

I know it may bum you out hearing that not everyone likes who or what you like.  However, you do know that everyone has different opinions based on all sorts of things.  Every one is completely justified and correct for that person.  For you to lay down ultimate judgment that someone's preference is wrong comes off as defensive, at the least.

The fact remains, I trust my friends much more than I trust press releases or TV interviews.  Celebrities have pre-interviews for those shows where they rehearse and go over what's going to be asked and said.  They put their best face forward on those things in order to promote themselves and their career.  That's perfectly fine, but I'd much prefer base my opinion of someone's talent on my own preference, rather than TV's portrayal.

So, wait, you don't let your personal opinion cloud your judgment?  Um, dude, judgment is based on personal opinion.  You might want to find a way to re-word that.  We as humans can't judge or form opinions without relying on the other to help form it.  Anyway...

Box office gross has nothing to do with talent.  If we judged talent by that, good god, things would be worse than they already are in the entertainment industry.  How many times have you seen awards for acting given out to the people with the biggest box office gross?  Not that the awards shows are legitimate, they're mostly a purchased commodity any more, but still, that's a weird way to judge talent.  Why a movie makes money has nothing to do with the talent level of the actors involved.  Take Transformers for instance.  Awful director, awful actors, but tons of money because things blow up.

What kind of actor do you mean?  Dramatic, comedic, it depends, there's a ton of exceptional actors out there.

#38 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,647 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 20, 2014 - 07:25 AM

Will Smith is a solid actor. Not exceptional...but still SOLID.

Much better than Ben Affleck that's for sure. 

• RobBlake likes this

Pau Gasol is GONE

#39 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 22,436 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 01:27 PM

Gone girl, the town, Argo and that's just recently

But yeah ben affleck sucks
  • Mr Terrific likes this
Posted Image

#40 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 52,864 posts

Posted November 07, 2014 - 07:14 PM

Jared Leto eyed to play THE JOKER in 'SUICIDE SQUAD'. Oh... my... God!

B14bjzYCEAA_tpJ.jpg

Edited by Majesty, November 07, 2014 - 07:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users