Bjork

Sugg

• 1,589 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted October 15, 2014 - 11:35 AM

upcoming-dc-films1.jpg?1413389244

A Warner Bros shareholder meeting on Wednesday brought with it a plethora of announcements from the company. CEO Kevin Tsujihara officially announced WB’s schedule of tentpole films including DC Comics, Harry Potter, and LEGO franchises.

Filling in all those question marks from a couple of months ago, the new Warner Bros schedule shows some obvious films like Wonder Woman and Justice League, and even announces Cyborg and what is presumably a Green Lantern reboot. Also in the presentation and press release, two major pieces of casting were included. Ezra Miller will star as the movie version of The Flash, putting to rest any speculation of the TV and movie universes being joined. Jason Momoa, long rumored for the role ofAquaman, was confirmed as well. It should be noted, this is not their full schedule of DC Comics movies. The press release reads that these are "at least 10 movies" and that the full line-up will also include "stand-alone Batman and Superman films" that aren't on this initial schedule.

Extrapolating from the original announcement of reserved dates, the new schedule of DC Comics movies should be as follows:

2016:

March 25: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice
August 5: Suicide Squad

2017:

June 23: Wonder Woman
November 17: Justice League

2018:

March 23: The Flash
July 27: Aquaman

2019:

April 5: Shazam
June 14: Justice League 2

2020:

April 3: Cyborg
June 19: Green Lantern

• Mr Terrific, Majesty, j0k3r and 1 other like this

#2 Jordan-esque

Jordan-esque

Rookie

• 445 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 15, 2014 - 12:54 PM

A Cyborg solo movie... really!?

Suicide Squad feels like DC's version of GOTG.

Flash will be played by Ezra Miller, as in the gay dude who basically plays every other teenage gay dudes in his movies? Are we getting another origin story of Barry Allen like the TV show?

ezra_miller.jpg

• Majesty likes this

#3 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,001 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 15, 2014 - 03:27 PM

Cyborg is such a weak character - awful decision.  At the very least make a Martian Manhunter solo film.  He's one of the best and most interesting characters they have, along with Lobo, whom I can't believe they haven't addressed at all.  But Cyborg - really?

And I fail to see how Wonder Woman as a character and film is going to work in today's world.  It's just going to come across as Xena 2.0.

#4 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,202 posts

Posted October 15, 2014 - 03:52 PM

First off Ezra miller is one of the most talented actors in his age group. One of the best under 25

Warner was smart to grab him. Give him a script and director and he'll be as good as any superhero out there not named robert downey jr.

He may be the most talented actor playing a superhero outside of RDJ, Jackman, fassbender and Mcavoy . I'm talking DC and marvel.

Absolutely love millers chops.

DC is doing it the right way for them, the only confusion I see is flash and aquaman in between justice league 1 and 2

Reason being what's going on in between part one and two that allows flash and aquaman to be existing away from whatever the justice league are involved in

Unless there is a perceived resolution in part one allowing for an aquaman and flash standalone to ignore the events of the justice league

Cyborg is a weird choice, only explanation is they got a script they absolutely loved. Otherwise just don't even spend the 100millon dollars. Make him justice league exclusive.

Casting for DC has been flawless outside of gadot

Affleck
Cavill
Momoa
Miller

Are perfect choices. Green lantern will probably be a big name. It'll need to be someone who will in fact erase that horrible movie.

All in all smart play by DC. Terrio has allegedly penned one hell of a script, it's seems like DC actually has a plan. Marvel now has contention and more importantly movie goers now have stuff to watch. 4 huge superhero movies a year now in all likelihood. Over saturation? We'll see

The assumption was always batman v superman followed by justice league followed by solo films

This proves one thing and that is that the only superhero other than batman and superman that will be getting a ton of face time is Wonder Woman because she's the only one slated for a solo film before justice league

Chris terrio better be writing justice league if Snyder is directing. That's all I know. It's a shame that justice league and avengers won't be the same year though. That would have been exciting.
  • Mr Terrific likes this
Posted Image

#5 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight got traded for the ends of the white🍞& an 🍊

• 8,707 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted October 15, 2014 - 04:47 PM

The Diversity that DC Entertainment is showing with their casting is gonna make these movies huge Overseas. Plus 2-time Academy Award Winner Ben Affleck is gonna attract a lot of A-Listers

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#6 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,202 posts

Posted October 15, 2014 - 05:41 PM

Affleck and Ezra miller are the two most important castings DC has made since they chose Heath ledger for joker

Miller is outside the box don't get me wrong but his chops are some of the best. This guy has depth unlike most and is absolutely captivating on screen. Also not to get social political but isn't Ezra going to be the first gay superhero. Ian mckellen is a villain lol

But Ezra has charisma to carry a franchise. Incredible casting IMO.
Posted Image

#7 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,202 posts

Posted October 15, 2014 - 05:45 PM

And Momoa was the only casting choice for aquaman other than Charlie hunnam that made sense

Aquaman is historically a joke. People view him as a pansy

Put Momoa or hunnam there and that changes. Suddenly he's this tough guy.

DC has a hulking superhero lineup. Momoa, affleck, gadot, cavill. They all look like superheroes

Ezra fits what I see as the flash. He's like a much more talented version of the tv show guy.

Would like to see cooper, hunnam, gosling, gyllenhaal all get looks for green lantern
Posted Image

#8 Chick Stern

Chick Stern

Rookie

• 819 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Big 4: West/Kareem/Magic/Kobe

Posted October 15, 2014 - 06:12 PM

are they called "tentpole films" based on their ability to give teenage boys wood?

I'm kinda done with most Superhero films.
Wonder Woman maybe, after that ...... Meh

"You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good."

--Jerry West

#9 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,738 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted October 15, 2014 - 07:21 PM

Took them a while to get their plan but I'm glad they're finally going through with it.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#10 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,266 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 15, 2014 - 07:26 PM

Wonder if that "Cyborg" film suddenly becomes a Titans film. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#11 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,266 posts

Posted October 15, 2014 - 07:55 PM

A Cyborg solo movie... really!?

Suicide Squad feels like DC's version of GOTG.

Flash will be played by Ezra Miller, as in the gay dude who basically plays every other teenage gay dudes in his movies? Are we getting another origin story of Barry Allen like the TV show?

ezra_miller.jpg

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#12 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,461 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 15, 2014 - 09:19 PM

if 6 of those movies are good that would be a success.

I assume that the Justice League trilogy will be cool

I cant see Aquaman being any better than a "Thor" movie.

Green Lantern is a joke for the most part, kinda like Cap America

Cyborg? I see Daredevil all over again

Wonder Woman MIGHT be cool

Flash will be a kids movie

The other movie might be good, if it's on that Watchmen level

#13 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,589 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted October 16, 2014 - 12:46 AM

34t4z89.jpg

Suicide Squad Targets Ryan Gosling, Will Smith, Margot Robbie and Tom Hardy

On the heels of this morning's massive update to Warner Bros. Pictures' schedule of DC Comics adaptations comes word, via The Hollywood Reporter, that the first of the newly-announced films, David Ayer's Suicide Squad, is already courting some serious talent. According to the outlet, Ryan Gosling, Tom Hardy, Margot Robbie and Will Smith have all been approached for roles.

Created by Robert Kanigher and Ross Andru back in 1959, the Suicide Squad team has included countless DC villains among its ranks, including Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, Bane, Killer Frost, Poison Ivy, Count Vertigo, Deathstroke, and Harley Quinn. The CW's "Arrow" introduced their own version of the team in the most recent season of the series and the recent animated film, Batman: Assault on Arkham, offered another version of the team.

Of course, just because Warner Bros. is interested in these names, that doesn't necessarily mean we'll be seeing any of them actually sign on. Gosling, too, is also said to have met for Marvel Studios' Doctor Strange as well.

Edited by Bjork, October 16, 2014 - 05:18 AM.

• Majesty likes this

#14 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 3,302 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted October 16, 2014 - 04:17 AM

But marvel already choosed doctor strange, don't they?
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#15 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight got traded for the ends of the white🍞& an 🍊

• 8,707 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted October 16, 2014 - 11:27 AM

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#16 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,266 posts

Posted October 16, 2014 - 11:31 AM

But marvel already choosed doctor strange, don't they?

He was too indecisive about doing it so they just moved on.   

#17 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts
  • Name:Jorge Negrete
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 16, 2014 - 04:56 PM

Would be more interested in more stand alone Batman movies more than anything. Never really cared for any other DC character tbh. Batman is my fave super hero by a mile but I've always felt that Marvel had the better assortment of entertaining characters, at least for me.

But they'd have to go about it perfectly. Tough to find another Nolan/Bale combo. They made a great team.

But yeah, i'd love more Batman only films if the right team was put together.

#18 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,266 posts

Posted October 16, 2014 - 04:57 PM

Will Smith And Tom Hardy now reportedly "Close" to joining 'SUICIDE SQUAD'! #HYPE!

B0G1CwSCQAAwDn4.jpg

Margot Robbie now also reportedly "close" to joining 'SUICIDE SQUAD'. Would love to see her as Harley Quinn.

B0G4DbCCcAA69XZ.jpg

This would be huge...

Edited by Majesty, October 16, 2014 - 04:57 PM.

• Mr Terrific likes this

#19 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,202 posts

Posted October 16, 2014 - 07:38 PM

Would be more interested in more stand alone Batman movies more than anything. Never really cared for any other DC character tbh. Batman is my fave super hero by a mile but I've always felt that Marvel had the better assortment of entertaining characters, at least for me.

But they'd have to go about it perfectly. Tough to find another Nolan/Bale combo. They made a great team.

But yeah, i'd love more Batman only films if the right team was put together.

No it's not nolan/bale but expect an affleck/affleck combo meaning ben directing and starring which means expect a gritty batman

Affleck will create a great batman.

Also DC has incredibly interesting characters. DC is far more mythological which may make for interesting films.

WB has really impressed me. Hiring ayers for the suicide squad movie. Bringing in affleck and Chris terrio

Casting Ezra miller, jason Momoa, and affleck

WB hasa plan expect man of steel 2 and batman to come out within the next 5 years

My guess is one will be 2018, one will be 2019

I'm really interested in the story that's been created,

This slate means they have something in mind to string it all together. It's like with marvel. People pretend like civil war was a recent thought. No

Kevin feige had that planned from iron man 1. There's a reason his finger print is on every marvel movie, he's pushing towards a goal.

I see similar things happening with DC. Dawn of justice is essentially the fire, man of steel was the spark
Posted Image

#20 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,202 posts

Posted October 16, 2014 - 07:44 PM

Grabbing will smith and tom hardy for suicide squad instantly makes that movie a draw.

Suicide squad to me is the definitive proof that WB has a plan. You don't randomly throw a property like suicide squad in 2017 without a plan

I expect either superman or batman to come in 2017 and then the other in 2018 before justice league 2
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users