Photo

Captain America: Civil War (5-6-16): Spider-Man (p.4)

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#101 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 04, 2016 - 11:06 PM

Ok I can repost my thoughts now, if you didn't read them in the spoiler in Danny's quote then great kudos I'm glad I didn't inadvertently spoil anything way too early. 

Anyway, it's still an A+ movie, but the 3rd act kills it, kills it, kills it for me on a personal level as a Captain America fan.  Not even for the reason you may think.  But I'll write in the spoiler tags, enjoy :) 

Spoiler

• Danny likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#102 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,767 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 05, 2016 - 09:13 PM

fantastic movie

• Majesty likes this

Posted Image

#103 Jordan-esque

Jordan-esque

Rookie

• 446 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 06, 2016 - 10:30 AM

I loved the Star Wars reference in this film, so funny to see it.

Ant-Man became my favorite character in the movie.

Ok I can repost my thoughts now, if you didn't read them in the spoiler in Danny's quote then great kudos I'm glad I didn't inadvertently spoil anything way too early. 

Anyway, it's still an A+ movie, but 

Spoiler

I had the EXACT same experience leaving to the theater regarding that same thought until I read an interview with the Russos and re-watched Winter Soldier again.

Basically...

Spoiler

• Majesty likes this

#104 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 06, 2016 - 03:30 PM

Spoiler

But to me it's still an A+ movie, mainly because I went in expecting Winter Soldier Part 2 and that's what I got.   I honestly from the bottom of my heart feel that if THIS was the movie that 'lead' to a Civil War "mega" movie, that it would be even better, instead of the movie that represents the Civil War comic. 

If it was Winter Soldier Part 2 and then it ended the way it does, and the NEXT film was Civil War, I think that would be amazing.  As it leaves all the characters in a place that the actual Civil War could take place over a film close to the comic, at least to an extent.  

Crap.. I just realized something else after sleeping on it last night lol  

Spoiler

Edited by Majesty, May 06, 2016 - 03:32 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#105 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,459 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted May 06, 2016 - 09:37 PM

Movie was great but yea wish they didn't use the civil war title either

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
  • Majesty likes this
21lsbya.jpg

#106 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 5,819 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted May 06, 2016 - 10:53 PM

I like winter soldier better.

Black Panther is gonna be badass, I can't wait for that.. And a great set up for Spiderman, I hope this means no origin story!
  • Majesty likes this

2div

#107 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Starter

• 5,140 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted May 07, 2016 - 02:33 PM

Fantastic movie.

Loved how they chose to bring Spiderman into it, that actor nailed the part too.

Black Panther stole the show.

#108 Clark Wayne

Clark Wayne

Baller

• 1,904 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 08, 2016 - 06:47 AM

Outstanding movie. Completely agree with Majesty about Cap. Throughout the entire movie, I was just thinking to myself "[expletive] Bucky. Why are going through SO MUCH for one guy?" The only defense I could see was that Bucky was Cap's last link to the past. The last person alive who knew him as Steve Rogers and not Cap. Plus, with Cap being frozen alive 70+ years and Bucky being brainwashed, their true selves have only been apart for a couple of years at the most. So I could see why he would want to protect him but it just got to the point where it's like "enough is enough". I might just be a bad friend but I'm not going to those lengths to defend my friend. 

• Majesty likes this

#109 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,008 posts

Posted May 08, 2016 - 08:06 AM

I enjoyed it. Good movie.

#110 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,449 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted May 10, 2016 - 05:53 PM

Capt pissed me off the whole movie. Thought the villian was weak, but i like that actor.

• Majesty likes this

ap1.png

#111 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,764 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted May 10, 2016 - 07:59 PM

Awesome movie, T'Challa and Spidey were used so well.

• fido likes this

EyMlHkX.jpg

#112 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,703 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted May 14, 2016 - 11:37 PM

Very solid. I think I enjoyed Winter Soldier a bit more though. I didn't appreciate Tony's position...leaned more on Steve's side.

Good fight scenes...didn't care for Ant Man much...LOVED Black Panther...kinda wished War Machine (or Don Cheadle) had actually died...Spiderman was OK...Black Widow was Black Widow...enjoyed Buckey's scenes...he and Black Panther had some good fights.

I could feel the tension tho...the movie had that emotional content *In my Bruce Lee voice*
  • Majesty likes this

Pau Gasol is GONE

#113 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,063 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 16, 2016 - 12:08 AM

Loved it.

Spider-Man done right.  From the instant he was on-screen it worked far better than any Sony version of the character.  The voice, the look, the incredulous attitude and the bravado combined with innocence was more than I hoped for.

Black Panther spot on - and I can't wait for his solo flick.  Scarlet Witch much much better this time around.  Paul Bettany as The Vision couldn't be better, the guy just nails it (as he usually does).  Hawkeye, much better than any of the Avengers flicks.  Captain America and Iron Man were perfect. War Machine, great.  Black Widow was on the money. I love Ant-Man and the fact that they went the Giant Man route - that was unexpected and so much fun.  Falcon was awesome again - as Mackie was the best part of The Winter Soldier for me.  Bucky Barnes was played to the hilt.  The character has a meaty feel about him now - that was good to see come about.

Really everyone had a nice little mini arc, and the clutch of info in the movie was handled very well.

I was surprised to see Zemo used the way they used him.  Daniel Bruhl is always worth the time.  I would've liked to have seen more of the original version of Zemo from the books (hood and all - and I guess originally they were going to go that route but decided against it), but this was just fine.  I'm hoping Zemo is the main antagonist in the Black Panther movie, but I know that Andy Serkis was planted in Age Of Ultron as Klaw - maybe he's Black Panther's foe.

Anyway, I had a lot of fun at the movie - and in the end a comic book movie should be just that.

• Massacre and Game like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users