Photo

Captain America: Civil War (5-6-16): Spider-Man (p.4)

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#41 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 5,819 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 26, 2015 - 03:40 PM

hardcore comic fans can suck one.

this [expletive] looks [expletive]ing crazy regardless of whether or not it follows the comics to a T.

• ace™ likes this

2div

#42 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,770 posts

Posted November 26, 2015 - 03:42 PM

Fans don't deserve anything. They have their comic books. The percentage of "fans" that read civil war is so small in comparison to the actual movie going audience. Anyone who thinks avid comic book fans make up more than (generously) 5% of the general audience is fooling themselves

Marvel is telling their own story in the movie universe. These are adaptations that fit their overall arc of their story.

Fan service is meaningless to everyone else but the small number of fans. (All of which will see the movie regardless)

Comic book Movies are not carbon copies they are adaptations meaning there is creative license. This is the civil war for the MCU

Under their rules and character arcs this is their civil war. They didn't call it civil war to draw audiences because quite frankly 95% (probably more) didn't even know what civil war was before the movie was announced.
  • androsays, ace™ and Clark Wayne like this
Posted Image

#43 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,770 posts

Posted November 26, 2015 - 03:49 PM

hardcore comic fans can suck one.

this [expletive] looks [expletive]ing crazy regardless of whether or not it follows the comics to a T.

It's like when JJ abrams took on Star Trek and made it a whole different style of movie than the originals. Pissed off a lot of "hardcore fans" made the studio a lot of money and launched a new franchise

Give any studio the option

Please general audience
Please hardcore comic fans

They will choose please the general audience 11 times out of 10 because quite frankly it's financially ridiculous to make fan service a priority. You have a story, that connects to the rest of your universe and you tell that story with high quality story tellers (the Russo brothers)

Not to mention all of this reaction is stemming from a teaser trailer. Not even an official trailer.

Also the Russo brothers made arguably (an in my opinion) the best marvel film other than guardians. Winter soldier was a step above everything else

Then they were handed the avengers. I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing. I trust them over "hardcore comic fans" who just want to see the page turned into a movie.

Which btw is the least artistic means of making an adaptation, it's the equivalent of tracing a sketch as opposed to sketching something that was inspired by something else
  • androsays likes this
Posted Image

#44 androsays

androsays

• 5,819 posts

Posted November 26, 2015 - 04:07 PM

Also the Russo brothers made arguably (an in my opinion) the best marvel film other than guardians. Winter soldier was a step above everything else

Guardians and Winter Soldier are my 1a and 1b in terms of my favorite marvel movies.

but for real tho, this movie looks insane and I can't [expletive]ing wait for it. black panther looks so sick.

2div

#45 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 26, 2015 - 06:39 PM

Fans don't deserve anything. They have their comic books. The percentage of "fans" that read civil war is so small in comparison to the actual movie going audience. Anyone who thinks avid comic book fans make up more than (generously) 5% of the general audience is fooling themselves

Then let's make a Batman movie where the Joker is played by Jack Black who doubles as Alfred and Catwoman is his mother and see how well that goes over :) 

Cause who cares if he follows the comics or not right?   It's such a small number of movie going audiences.   :smh: 

believe it or not some people actually care about the source material.  You called it Civil War because you wanted to pull in that audience, you went and got Spider-Man in a long stressful process and pushed back Black Panther's movie because you wanted to do it "The right way".   

Don't do all that and then waste one of the biggest storylines in the history of comics and essentially make it "Winter Soldier Part 2".   

Again, I think the movie will be awesome.  But if it's not Civil War and has barely anything to do with Civil War, then don't call it Civil War.    

Captain America 3 would have been just fine. They didn't have to shoehorn Civil War into there just for the heck of it.   That's like making a movie about the Secret Wars that's really about Peter Parker and Mary Jane's marriage and the Secret Wars are sorta happening in the background.

Is that ok too?  . 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#46 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts

Posted November 26, 2015 - 06:46 PM

It's like when JJ abrams took on Star Trek and made it a whole different style of movie than the originals. Pissed off a lot of "hardcore fans" made the studio a lot of money and launched a new franchise

Give any studio the option

Please general audience
Please hardcore comic fans

They will choose please the general audience 11 times out of 10 because quite frankly it's financially ridiculous to make fan service a priority. You have a story, that connects to the rest of your universe and you tell that story with high quality story tellers (the Russo brothers)

Not to mention all of this reaction is stemming from a teaser trailer. Not even an official trailer.

Then they were handed the avengers. I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing. I trust them over "hardcore comic fans" who just want to see the page turned into a movie.

Which btw is the least artistic means of making an adaptation, it's the equivalent of tracing a sketch as opposed to sketching something that was inspired by something else

Bad comparison.

JJ Abrams Star Trek was said to be a 'reboot' but he wound up sneaking it in that it was all still canon as it was a separate timeline and such which made it viable for the Star Trek universe.  Fans actually seemed to appreciate that.

He didn't make "Star Trek: Wrath Of Khan" and give Khan 5 minutes of the movie.   

There's a difference between taking liberties to tell a different story and out and out just skipping it over.

THIS movie feels like it's a sequel to Winter Soldier more so than it's Civil War.  Which is completely fine.  But don't take one of the biggest story arcs in comic book history and push it to the background "sorta" happening.   That's a BIG difference.  

If they made a Batman: Under the Red Hood movie and Jason Todd was in it for all of 5 minutes and barely mattering to the plot, fans would have every right to be mad, and no one coming forward and saying "blah the comics don't matter cause so few of the people that watch the movies read them."  would find themselves in the minority. 

Civil War is one of the most iconic story arcs in all of comic book history.  Putting it in the background or shoehorning it in is a mistake.  If it's gonna be Winter Soldier Part 2, then name it Winter Soldier Part 2.  It's as simple as that.   

But if Spider-Man isn't gonna matter, if the overall storyarc doesn't matter, if the psychology of it doesn't matter, if it really has no implications aside from Cap's death. 

The only thing this look like it has in common with Civil War is "eh both sides are fighting cause they think Bucky is a threat, Cap wants to save Bucky, and Cap will die at the end."    And I'm supposed to believe that Bucky for some reason is a bigger problem than Ultron was.  k.... 

Like I said, Winter Soldier Part 2.  Not Civil War.   It's more of a personal story and psychology that Captain America takes which completes his arc with Bucky which is a wonderful story in it's own right and worthy of a Captain America movie.   But it ain't Civil War.  

That's all there really is to say about it. The movie will be awesome, it just is what it is and isn't what it isn't. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#47 androsays

androsays

• 5,819 posts

Posted November 26, 2015 - 06:47 PM

that's a hell of a lot of analysis for the first trailer of a movie.

• Windu likes this

2div

#48 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,770 posts

Posted November 26, 2015 - 08:32 PM

All I'm gonna say is two things.

1. Your examples vs what they're are doing are 2 totally different things. Your examples are bastardizations of source material what marvel is doing is adapting material to fit their overall story arc

2. This wasn't even a trailer, it was a teaser trailer. For godsakes chill out. They can call it what they want. Marvel has a pretty solid track record, so do the Russo brothers. If you pay attention the winter soldier is the spark of civil war as opposed to identities considering in the marvel cinematic universe there are no secret identities.

the "source material" would be nonsensical in the MCU, I'm sorry to tell you but the MCU is not the same as the comic book universe. I'm pretty sure this has been made clear throughout the entire string of movies.

This is civil war in the MCU, oh well, it'll make a billion dollars, and it'll probably be better than most of the other marvel films, and that's all that matters

Fan service doesn't. Often times fan service and loyalty to material make for a worse film. Some things are made for the page and some for the screen.

Especially when the only thing the MCU does is adapt material not copy it. They have their own story arc going, clearly, and they aren't going to force a square peg into a round hole because the 1% of message board fan boys who give a damn are whining. No, they are going to move their story forward. The one that Kevin Feige and crew have outlined.
Posted Image

#49 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts

Posted November 26, 2015 - 08:39 PM

All I'm gonna say is two things.

1. Your examples vs what they're are doing are 2 totally different things. Your examples are bastardizations of source material what marvel is doing is adapting material to fit their overall story arc

2. This wasn't even a trailer, it was a teaser trailer. For godsakes chill out. They can call it what they want. Marvel has a pretty solid track record, so do the Russo brothers. If you pay attention the winter soldier is the spark of civil war as opposed to identities considering in the marvel cinematic universe there are no secret identities.

the "source material" would be nonsensical in the MCU, I'm sorry to tell you but the MCU is not the same as the comic book universe. I'm pretty sure this has been made clear throughout the entire string of movies.

This is civil war in the MCU, oh well, it'll make a billion dollars, and it'll probably be better than most of the other marvel films, and that's all that matters

Fan service doesn't. Often times fan service and loyalty to material make for a worse film. Some things are made for the page and some for the screen.

Especially when the only thing the MCU does is adapt material not copy it. They have their own story arc going, clearly, and they aren't going to force a square peg into a round hole because the 1% of message board fan boys who give a damn are whining. No, they are going to move their story forward. The one that Kevin Feige and crew have outlined.

If you think so.  

I'd figure Ultron would be more of a reason to the Superhero Registration act. Particularly considering the destruction he brought as well as even more heroes, villains and mutants to the scene.

And you'd figure Tony would support it because h created Ultron which nearly destroyed the world and it's the 2nd time he has created something to try to help the world that wound up almost destroying it. 

But nope.. 

Tony: Bucky killed my parents so I want revenge.  

Steve: That may be so.. but he's my friend. 

Seems the direction they wanna go.  So be it. 

tumblr_m745zkaPTf1ru1wbho1_250.gif

tumblr_m745zkaPTf1ru1wbho2_250.gif

tumblr_m745zkaPTf1ru1wbho3_250.gif

tumblr_m745zkaPTf1ru1wbho4_250.gif

#50 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,590 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted November 27, 2015 - 01:10 AM

Comics get “adapted” because there is a need to put the film structure under the story. Comics are not written the same way a film is written; there is a spine and there are limitations. If screenwriters and directors just follow the comic head-on, it would be very difficult for us to really comprehend. A film follows a 3-act structure and when comics get adapted, they fit in elements that are appropriate for the act. Sometimes, climaxes and falling actions in comics won’t translate well to films. so they adjust to create an impact.

#51 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,703 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 27, 2015 - 07:40 PM

I've watched that teaser so much.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#52 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts

Posted November 28, 2015 - 12:23 AM

Imagine if they trolled us and the majority of that trailer was just the first half hour of the movie. 

#53 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,764 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 29, 2015 - 03:41 PM

IMDB cast list includes tom holland as spider-man/peter parker

it also says marisa tomei is "rumored" as aunt may

the vision is also on the list, as is ant man...neither in the trailer unless i missed it..this was a teaser correct?

i'm guessing we'll see spiderman, and probably these other characaters at the star wars premier

• Majesty likes this

Posted Image

#54 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 3,302 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted November 30, 2015 - 06:38 AM

When I heard about civil war I was expecting the comic superhero last Stand not cap and bro against iron man
  • Majesty likes this
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#55 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,590 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted December 03, 2015 - 06:47 AM

chadwick-boseman-as-black-panther.jpg

#56 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,764 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted December 03, 2015 - 10:10 AM

It's called "Captain America: Civil War" for a reason, its the third part of the Cap trilogy. It's still gonna focus heavily on him and Buck primarily obviously.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#57 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,764 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted December 07, 2015 - 01:03 PM

EyMlHkX.jpg

#58 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,764 posts

Posted December 07, 2015 - 01:09 PM

i just picked up the phase one collectors set...dope stuff

unfortunately that means i'm now going to have to get phase 2 and 3 now...they show the phase two set at the end of the vid you jus tposted.  

also was reading a little about phase three, and apparently they've added another movie - "antman and the wasp" 

Posted Image

#59 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,764 posts

Posted December 18, 2015 - 03:45 PM

disappointed in no new trailer...but oh well...

tfcwartetless.jpg

Posted Image

#60 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,764 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 10:46 PM

captain america 3 director teases spiderman in civil war

"It's a little more grounded and a little more hard-core contemporary," Anthony Russo says of the world of the new cinematic wall-crawler.

When Tom Holland makes his debut as Peter Parker in this summer's Captain America: Civil War, he'll be playing a different kind of cinematic Spider-Man than predecessors Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield, according to directors Joe and Anthony Russo — one that's more in tune with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

"We took a very personal approach to the character," Joe Russotold ComicBook.com, going on to say that Spider-Man was his favorite superhero as a kid. "We had thought back to the things that excited us about him as a character when we were younger, and one of the most important components of that was that he's a high schooler burdened with incredible powers and responsibility. That really differentiates him from every other character in the Marvel universe as opposed to other superheroes."

To that end, Russo went on, it was necessary to cast a younger actor in the role. "The previous films had adults playing a high schooler. We wanted more of an authenticity to the casting. We were very specific about that," he said.

Also important, Russo told ComicBook.com, was bringing a contemporary edge to the character's surroundings. "You go look at the home that Tobey Maguire lived in in Raimi’s Spider-Man was... those were very expensive homes," he said. "A character growing up with his aunt in New York, a single income family… Where would they live? What would that look like? Where could they afford to live? We asked ourselves all those questions. We try to take a very logical and realistic and naturalistic approach to the character."

But while the directors were willing to tease their approach to the character, they were far more guarded when talking about when fans will get their first chance to see the new Spider-Man. Asked if he will be seen in trailers or pre-release merchandise for Captain America: Civil War, Anthony Russo was firm in his lack of answer. "We really can't comment on that," he said...

http://www.hollywood...irectors-853533

don't know how legit the source is.

• Majesty likes this

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users