Photo

Captain America: Civil War (5-6-16): Spider-Man (p.4)

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#21 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 09, 2015 - 02:30 AM

So.. Civil War isn't gonna be following the source material according to the leaked script... 

I... don't...like.....this....

No superhero registration act... none of that... 

UGH they are trying to write this as "there is no bad guy" stuff.... ugh.... -_- 

After hearing all this and after what I've also read.. If this is how the ACTUAL script currently is.. I DO NOT like it.. because it has NOTHING to do with the arc of Civil War other than the name.  What would be the point then? 

If you're gonna do something completely different don't freaking call it Civil War!

Edited by Majesty, May 09, 2015 - 02:32 AM.

• PhillyLaker24 likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#22 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted May 09, 2015 - 10:15 AM

On top of that spoiler ahead!!!

In THE COMIC... they just ret conned 50 years if history and are saying that Wanda and pietro aren't really magneto's kids... they aren't even mutants or inhumans they are experiments... ALL mutants are experiments just fooled into thinking they were mutants...

Except one problem.. when the Mutants lost their powers Quicksilver was one because he was a MUTANT... Disney and Marvel can't think we're that stupid.

Dear Fox,
because we're still butt hurt about the rights WE SOLD. Guess what? Deadpool, dead! Wolverine, dead! Our Mutants are no longer Mutants!! They're experiments! Oh and Fantastic Four? Not selling it anymore! We do this cause we're salty aND hope all your movies bomb. Despite the fact the comics should dictate the movies not the other way around. fans? Lol forget the fans!

Sincerely, Disney and Marvel

Edited by Majesty, May 09, 2015 - 10:18 AM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#23 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 3,302 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted May 09, 2015 - 07:36 PM

How they can explain wolverine being an experiment? Steam punk 19th century science?
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#24 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted May 09, 2015 - 08:56 PM

How they can explain wolverine being an experiment? Steam punk 19th century science?

And how can they explain Quicksilver losing his powers in Decimation BECAUSE he was a Mutant... 

Marvel/Disney can't just expect us to freaking forget all that. 

#25 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,392 posts

Posted May 10, 2015 - 12:14 AM

And how can they explain Quicksilver losing his powers in Decimation BECAUSE he was a Mutant...

Marvel/Disney can't just expect us to freaking forget all that.

They kinda can. People who actually know any of that stuff make up like 2% at most of their entire viewing audience
Posted Image

#26 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,589 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted May 15, 2015 - 08:36 PM

Crossbones.

11241695_687457558048750_1631363201_n.jp

Edited by Bjork, May 15, 2015 - 08:37 PM.

#27 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted May 16, 2015 - 01:37 AM

Falcon

CFGHDvSUgAAnZWJ.jpg

#28 Jordan-esque

Jordan-esque

Rookie

• 445 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 20, 2015 - 08:01 PM

Paul Rudd (Ant-Man) arriving on set talking to Mackie (Falcon)...

tumblr_nonx6y2jsn1tguoxuo1_540.jpg

Elizabeth Olsen (Scarlet Witch) coming out of her trailer...

28DF765C00000578-3088732-image-a-23_1432

Evans, Olsen, Grillo...

CFeOOVLW0AAq88q.png

Edited by Jordan-esque, May 20, 2015 - 08:02 PM.

• Game and Majesty like this

#29 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted June 10, 2015 - 10:53 PM

• Game likes this

#30 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 732 posts
  • Name:Brian
  • Fan Since:since i was 5
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 24, 2015 - 09:41 PM

• Game and Wilt Chamberneezy like this

#31 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,589 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted November 24, 2015 - 09:56 PM

That fight with cap, bucky and tony is just WOW. Looks awesome, Russo Bros look to have another great one.

#32 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 5,809 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 24, 2015 - 09:59 PM

This [expletive] looks crazy

2div

#33 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 01:21 AM

Meh... 

It's not Civil War.

It's more or less Captain America 3 which continues the Winter Soldier storyline. 

Feels like the whole "Government interference" thing is tacked on just so they can sort of call it Civil War but iltimately seems about Captain America wanting to rescue Bucky.   Cap's line at the end of the trailer "Sorry Tony, but he's my friend." and Tony replying "So was I..."  

THAT is what this movie is about.  It's about Bucky and Cap.  Civil War is merely in the background and a footnote that has little or nothing to do with this movie. 

Which I said.. if you're gonna do that.. DON'T CALL IT CIVIL WAR...  :smh:

It's more or less just a personal story of Bucky and Steve as opposed to anything to do with Civil War. I was sort of "meh" about the trailer to be honest.. Not because I don't think the movie won't be good.. it's just not Civil War... This trailer is many things.

But it ain't Civil War. It's just Captain America 3 a Continuation of Winter Soldier. All the Government stuff seems tacked on so they can just throw the "Civil War" name on it. It's more about Captain America saving Bucky than it is what Civil War was actually about. Was worried about this. The "He's my friend" line at the end of the trailer more or less solidified where this movie's focus is. It's more a continuation of Winter Soldier than it is the conflict of Civil War.

Which is fine... but then they shouldn't have called it Civil War. This also explains why Spider-Man is back to being a high school student, because he more or less isn't going to matter, not as much as he did in the comics, which is gonna suck as the whole dynamic between Iron-Man, Spidey and Cap is part of what makes Civil War such a great story.

That's why this trailer was such a huge letdown for me because we're gonna get NONE of what made the Civil War comics so special. That dynamic is gonna be missing or in the background here because the main plotline is pretty much Captain America 3, and eh some Civil War samples sprinkled here and there throughout.

I get it.. but it's NOT.. Civil War and it's not the CIVIL WAR that we deserve as fans. It's DEFINITELY The Captain America 3 we deserve.

But if this is all they're gonna give us from the "Civil War" aspect, then just drop Civil War out of the title completely and just make it Captain America 3 and save Civil War for another day. Because THIS, is not Civil War, it's just finishing the arc of Winter Soldier and just seems focused on continuing the Cap and Bucky storyline / friendship etc etc etc

Which is fine.. but it ain't Civil War. It's just Captain America 3.

Edited by Majesty, November 25, 2015 - 01:58 AM.

• PhillyLaker24 likes this

#34 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 948 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted November 25, 2015 - 03:24 PM

That fight with cap, bucky and tony is just WOW. Looks awesome, Russo Bros look to have another great one.

lol Iron Man getting jumped 

#35 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,698 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 25, 2015 - 09:50 PM

So Majesty, is it Civil War?
  • Game, Tensai, Danny and 3 others like this

Pau Gasol is GONE

#36 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,161 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 26, 2015 - 08:06 AM

So its confirmed then with all these changes that nothing happens to Cap in this? 

Will be a fun scene to see Iron Man slug it out with Cap, but other than that this movie seems like its story line will be paper thin, and just held up by the fact there are superheros on the screen. I'm with Maj on this one, they dropped the ball on this one by naming it Civil War. To the average consumer the name won't mean jack, but to anyone that knows the comics should feel pretty robbed from one epic story arc. 

• Majesty likes this

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#37 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,392 posts

Posted November 26, 2015 - 11:19 AM

Captain America is one of the few marvel franchises that never has paper thin stories. You guys are judging this from a teaser trailer, not even the trailer. That's ridiculous
Posted Image

#38 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,161 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 26, 2015 - 12:53 PM

Captain America is one of the few marvel franchises that never has paper thin stories. You guys are judging this from a teaser trailer, not even the trailer. That's ridiculous

Seems like Cap wants Bucky to get a second chance, and the government wants him dead, hence the feud between Cap and his former employers. That is about as paper thin as it gets just to show Cap fighting Iron Man rather than the deep and intricate story line that civil war really is. 

Your right we shouldn't judge something based just off a teaser trailer, but the story seems pretty straight forward with the end goal really just being to see avenger fighting avenger because it is an easy sell to the casual superhero film watcher. 

Edit: Maybe there is more civil war source material in this movie than the trailer lets on. Apparently that one huge document handed over in the trailer is actually the framework for the registration act according to some people on reddit. I hope this is true, if so it will be more civil war than I thought and hopefully the registration act is a huge part and not something just named in one scene so they can be like well we touched on it.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, November 26, 2015 - 01:22 PM.

• Majesty likes this

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#39 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted November 26, 2015 - 01:26 PM

So Majesty, is it Civil War?

Pau Gasol. 

#40 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted November 26, 2015 - 01:33 PM

Seems like Cap wants Bucky to get a second chance, and the government wants him dead, hence the feud between Cap and his former employers. That is about as paper thin as it gets just to show Cap fighting Iron Man rather than the deep and intricate story line that civil war really is. 

Your right we shouldn't judge something based just off a teaser trailer, but the story seems pretty straight forward with the end goal really just being to see avenger fighting avenger because it is an easy sell to the casual superhero film watcher. 

Edit: Maybe there is more civil war source material in this movie than the trailer lets on. Apparently that one huge document handed over in the trailer is actually the framework for the registration act according to some people on reddit. I hope this is true, if so it will be more civil war than I thought and hopefully the registration act is a huge part and not something just named in one scene so they can be like well we touched on it.

It seems like the story bolts down on 

Tony supports it because he wants Winter Soldier dead (winter soldier killed his parents)  and Cap doesn't want that. 

It seems like all that former stuff is just the background, the trailer's sole focus is on Bucky and Cap. 

Black Widow going "I know how you feel about him.  Sit this one out."  

Cap telling Tony at the end "Sorry, but he's my friend." And Tony replying "So was I.."  

Just the fact we aren't gonna get THIS scene in the movie to me is reason enough to drop Civil War from it.  It is everything Captain America is and Chris Evans SHOULD perform this before his departure.   But alas..

img_7170.png?w=1242&h=1883

img_7171.png?w=1242&h=1903img_7172.png?w=1242&h=1908

img_7173.png?w=1242&h=1853

img_7174.png?w=1242&h=1908

img_7175.png?w=1242&h=1873

if THIS scene isn't gonna be in the movie because Spider-Man pretty much doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things and has minimal impact, then they should just keep it Captain America 3.   Because the fans deserve an actual Civil War movie.  Not Winter Soldier Part 2 with Civil War sorta kinda happening in the background.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users