Photo

Captain America: Civil War (5-6-16): Spider-Man (p.4)

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#1 Jordan-esque

Jordan-esque

Rookie

• 446 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 13, 2014 - 10:45 PM

http://badassdigest....tain-america-3/

Iron Man bringing CIVIL WAR to Captain America 3

Robert Downey Jr hasn't been negotiating with Marvel for Iron Man 4 - he's been negotiating for Captain America 3. Yes, Iron Man will be co-starring in Cap 3, which is either going to be called Civil War or Fallen Son - I've heard both names getting tossed around.

And this isn't some small bit. This isn't a cameo. Downey will be shooting 30 or 40 days on the film. He's basically co-starring.

When Marvel heard that DC moved Batman v Superman originally slated on the same date as Cap 3, they wondered if DC had heard the story and knew that Batman versus Superman wasn't going to match up to Captain America versus Iron Man.

I'm not clear on how the Civil War story will play out, since the Marvel Cinematic Universe doesn't have secret IDs to reveal, but I can tell you this: the fallout of Avengers: Age of Ultron is going to be huge in this movie. There is a lot of destruction in that film. It makes an impact.

civil_war_7_alt_cvr.jpg

Civil War was one of the biggest and most successful comic book events launched earlier in 2006. Like the comic book storyline, the new pact will be significant for the Marvel cinematic universe considering the plot will pit Stark against Captain America’s alter-ego Steve Rogers, played by Chris Evans, as they feud over the Superhero Registration Act, which forces anyone with superhuman abilities to reveal their identities to the U.S. government and agree to act as a police force for the authorities.

Stark supports the program, but Rogers does not, saying it threatens civil liberties, causing sides to be taken and Rogers, among others, to go on the run to avoid arrest. The moral question and battle with his Avengers teammate essentially makes Stark a villain of sorts in “Captain America 3,” providing Downey with a meaty role he could play out into future Marvel films, including a fourth “Avengers.”

The fallout from the government and Stark’s actions would factor into a new “Avengers 4″ film and beyond that will assemble new characters being introduced like Ant-Man and Doctor Strange, among others, in their own movies.

See More: Marvel’s Civil War: 5 Things You Should Know

Marvel on Monday announced plans to reboot the Civil War comicbook miniseries in 2015, which will help introduce the story to new readers leading up to “Captain America 3.” The first crossover of Marvel’s biggest characters, including Spider-Man, was published in 2006.

Edited by Jordan-esque, March 15, 2016 - 10:20 PM.

• FranklinPeanuts, androsays, LakersGAFan and 2 others like this

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,338 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 14, 2014 - 01:20 PM

Civil War EPIC Fan Trailer 

They'd BETTER keep Garfield as Spider-Man! 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#3 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,788 posts

Posted October 14, 2014 - 01:36 PM

This would explain the spiderman sharing discussions
  • fido and Majesty like this
Posted Image

#4 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,764 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted October 14, 2014 - 07:34 PM

Go Cap!

EyMlHkX.jpg

#5 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,186 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 15, 2014 - 08:41 AM

I doubt they actually keep the ending to the civil war. No way they are offing Cap

Edited by PhillyLaker24, October 15, 2014 - 08:44 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#6 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 3,302 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted October 15, 2014 - 12:56 PM

A retcon maybe
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#7 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,459 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted October 15, 2014 - 02:04 PM

Hyped for a movie based on the storyline

21lsbya.jpg

#8 L4K

L4K

Off The Bench

• 1,576 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 15, 2014 - 03:07 PM

I doubt they actually keep the ending to the civil war. No way they are offing Cap

Could allow for the Winter Soldier or Falcon to take on the mantle. Don't think they'd do it but if they can't negotiate a new contract with Chris Evans it might happen.

#9 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,063 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 15, 2014 - 03:18 PM

Civil War is a great story and could bring up some really fun characters all over the place.  Even if its merely cameos it would be super fun to see some fringe characters have their day on screen.

They could definitely kill off Captain America.  Falcon has taken over the mantle in the comics and Bucky Barnes also held the title as well.  Both are now active in the movie universe and Chris Evans's contract is coming to a close.  Evans has said he wants to move on to directing.  I would speculate that the reason the mantle of Captain America over to Falcon in the books is to ready the public for him taking it over on film - which I am all for.  Falcon is a great character and was played absolutely perfectly by Anthony Mackie.

Killing off a primary character like that would add drama to the universe and make you feel that nobody is safe.  Always a good thing for these kinds of movies that can be predictable really quickly.

Super smart of Disney / Marvel to start this storyline as the Thanos one comes to a climax.  Actions like this are why DC and Warner are gonna have a really tough time catching up, and catching up with quality.

• Majesty likes this

#10 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,186 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 15, 2014 - 05:00 PM

Could allow for the Winter Soldier or Falcon to take on the mantle. Don't think they'd do it but if they can't negotiate a new contract with Chris Evans it might happen.

True. Also I suppose Chris Evans doesn't resonate in everyones mind as Captain like Downey does for Ironman (which is why they pay that guy boat loads to get him to keep coming back) Hopefully I am wrong and they do follow through with the story line. I mean its gonna suck to watch Cap die in live action I already had a hard enough time when I read Civil war with that lol.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#11 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,338 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 11:06 AM

Thoughts and Opinions on Tony Stark's motivation in Civil War 

I actually agree 

*spoilers*

After creating Ultron as the premise of Avengers 2, it would be understandable why Tony Stark would be, because he'd likely feel guilty about it.  "The Path I started us on" could mean a lot more in the context with Civil War happening.   The deeper meaning behind why Stark would support a Superhero registration and control could have a lot to do with what he feels about himself, particularly after what happens in Avengers 2 with Ultron.  making Tony the one that created Ultron could give a lot of weight to his motivations in Civil War. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#12 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,063 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 05, 2014 - 09:23 AM

The registration act comes from a fight between heroes and villains that winds up blowing up a small town, Stamford, and killing a bunch of people including kids.

That's when the government demands registration so it doesn't happen again. That can surely change in the movie universe. However in the books that's the genesis of the debate.
  • Game and Majesty like this

#13 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,338 posts

Posted November 05, 2014 - 01:26 PM

Age of Ultron Clip teasing Civil War 

• Game likes this

#14 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,338 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 03:51 PM

Captain America: The WInter Soldier 80's Style VHS Trailer 

#15 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,704 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 06, 2014 - 09:18 PM

Thoughts and Opinions on Tony Stark's motivation in Civil War 

Tried to watch this but the guy's voice deterred me

• fido likes this

Pau Gasol is GONE

#16 Jordan-esque

Jordan-esque

Rookie

• 446 posts
  • Fan Since:1989

Posted May 07, 2015 - 07:58 PM

Production to Civil War Officially Begins and features Ant-Man and Thunderbolt Ross back in the MCU

http://screenrant.co...r-cast-ant-man/

“Captain America: Civil War” picks up where “Avengers: Age of Ultron” left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain."

CEbRvGdVIAACBTe.jpg

•Chris Evans (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” Marvel’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron”) as the iconic Super Hero character Steve Rogers/Captain America
•Robert Downey Jr. (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” Marvel’s “Iron Man 3”) as Tony Stark/Iron Man
•Scarlett Johansson (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”) as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow
•Sebastian Stan (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Captain America: The First Avenger”) as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier
•Anthony Mackie (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”) as Sam Wilson/Falcon
•Paul Bettany (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Iron Man 3”) as The Vision
•Jeremy Renner (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” Marvel’s “The Avengers”) as Clint Barton/Hawkeye
•Don Cheadle (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Iron Man 3”) as Jim Rhodes/War Machine
•Elizabeth Olsen (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Godzilla”) as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch
•Paul Rudd (“Ant-Man,” ”Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues”) will make his first appearance alongside the Avengers as Scott Lang/Ant-Man
•Chadwick Boseman (“42,” “Get on Up”) as T’Challa/Black Panther
•Emily VanCamp (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Revenge”) as Sharon Carter/Agent 13
•Daniel Brühl(“Inglourious Basterds,” “Bourne Ultimatum”)
•Frank Grillo (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Warrior”) as Brock Rumlow/Crossbones
•William Hurt (“A History of Violence,” Marvel’s “The Incredible Hulk”) as General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross
•Martin Freeman (“The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies”).
  • Majesty likes this

#17 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,338 posts

Posted May 07, 2015 - 08:58 PM

Quite a diverse cast!! I really REALLY hope this isn't rushed.  Civil War imo should be two movies not one. 

#18 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,338 posts

Posted May 07, 2015 - 09:02 PM

CAPTAIN-AMERICA_CIVIL-WAR_SPIDERMAN_PETE

0e4icxH.png

"Stimpers" is Asa on Reddit =P 

Qt5F8Z3.png

Edited by Majesty, May 07, 2015 - 09:03 PM.

#19 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 3,302 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted May 08, 2015 - 10:00 PM

Captain America was right, stark just wanted to be right
  • Majesty likes this
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#20 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,338 posts

Posted May 08, 2015 - 10:10 PM

Captain America was right, stark just wanted to be right

Which is why the Oatu scene MUST happen in this movie. 

• flota likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users