Real Deal

Legend

• Site Admin
  • 15,336 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 08, 2014 - 08:38 PM

POPULAR

Our last topic was about LN's downtime, so I figured I'd create one about mine.

I didn't want you guys to think I bailed on the site.  Basically, I've been working like crazy, to catch up on a lot of medical bills (from all of my eye problems over the years, along with kidney and blood pressure problems that hit me out of nowhere).  Diabetes is no joke!  I get charged $700 for two "hospital days" of insulin (which is what I inject 2-3 times daily to bring my blood sugars down to a normal level), but when I'm buying it regularly, it costs me $100/month.  I haven't been rushed to the ER in a long time, thankfully, haha.

Anyway, I'm working as a system administrator and marketing director...who is now doing some purchasing and all of our billing, among other things.  Those other things?  Well, one of them was fun...

accc-small-1.jpg

accc-small-3.jpg

accc-small-12.jpg

Of course, I'm not the guy pulling up and replacing the wood, but I do get opportunities to run a chariot floor machine over it, help sand it all down and lay floor finish, and take all of the pictures and video.  This summer, we refinished over 100 floors, and sanded/painted/finished over eight (so far).  It led us to our second-ever month of $900,000+ in sales.

Things aren't as busy as they were a few weeks ago (or months ago), but I'm still working quite a bit.  However, I'm going to be able to free up time to get the ball rolling on a board update, and fit in some basketball discussion along the way.

So, in short, sorry for the downtime!  I'll be around soon.  Consider me the Kobe of LN for now...trying to get back into posting shape to tear it up some more before I retire.   :81:

• Brand New, FranklinPeanuts, netlord and 23 others like this

#2 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,566 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted October 08, 2014 - 08:40 PM

Great stuff RD! Hoping to see your input on the team, and the league, once the season is underway

#3 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted October 08, 2014 - 09:19 PM

Awesome man, that is some interesting stuff!!! Looking forward to your contributions again

#4 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,449 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted October 09, 2014 - 05:54 AM

That's illie

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#5 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,219 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted October 09, 2014 - 09:51 AM

I hope for your continued improvement RD.

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#6 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,869 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 09, 2014 - 12:02 PM

You rock Brandon.

#7 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,474 posts
  • Name:Wade
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted October 09, 2014 - 12:06 PM

Medical issues are no joke, and we all know that work holds us down. I don't like speaking for other people, but I do believe it is fair to state that we all appreciate your work and your dedication to this forum board. Thanks for everything, you are awesome and I look forward to seeing the return of Kobe on both fronts.

LeGj1r3.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?
A: "My heart and soul." --Kobe Bryant

#8 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,790 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 10, 2014 - 01:35 AM

Take your time, man ! We'll be seeing you come the regular season I hope :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users