Photo

Ronda Rousey – how would she do against Floyd Mayweather?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Superstar

• 7,800 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 06, 2014 - 04:01 AM

Ronda Rousey is the most dangerous female MMA fighter in the world right now and she recently stated on a radio show that she would beat Floyd Mayweather in a MMA fight. UFC President Dana White agreed with her and even said that Floyd would get badly hurt in such a fight.

What do you guys think?

Personally, I think Mayweather is twice as strong and quick as anyone she’s used to going against and he would knock her out in about 5 seconds and the only chance she has is if she can get him on the ground, but I have a hard time seeing that happen.

Also, the next obvious question to ask in this regard is who could she beat? Could she take on a male MMA fighter?

#2 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Hall Of Fame

• 8,982 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 06, 2014 - 07:49 AM

Mayweather isn't a MMA fighter so I don't get why she would talk about him. But either way, I would still have Mayweather winning.

And she would get her ass beat by any professional male MMA fighter. Its like the NBA and WNBA. Two very different leagues, one with a much higher skill set.

"Friends come and go but banners hang forever."  - Kobe Bryant

#3 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 24,242 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 06, 2014 - 11:53 AM

This is a joke right. It wouldn't even last a minute. 

#4 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

But I can’t love you obsessively for much longer.

• 10,257 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted October 06, 2014 - 12:37 PM

Floyd has no chance in an MMA fight against RR & I can't stand the girl. She'd get a hold of him one way or another & it's a wrap. 

Just like she'd have no chance in a boxing match against Floyd. They'd both be like sharks out of water. 

gifninja-1.gif

#5 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,081 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 06, 2014 - 01:07 PM

Floyd would get caught in an arm bar and Ronda would break it if its mma style fight. In the boxing ring Ronda gets two black eyes and knocked down in no time. Can't do a comparison when their sports are that different.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, October 06, 2014 - 01:09 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#6 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 52,952 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 06, 2014 - 02:55 PM

Ronda would probably jump on Floyd and try to slap a submission on him. However if Floyd hit her once before she got a takedown it'd probably be over for her.

Thing is Floyd is faster and hits harder than anyone she's faced. He would probably hit her before she had a chance to react and that'd be it. Against other MMa fighters who would try to outwrestle her she could submit them cause that's her game. But it'd start in a standup, if she didn't get the drop on Floyd I doubt she'd have the reflexes to dodge whatever he threw.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#7 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Superstar

• 7,800 posts

Posted October 06, 2014 - 09:24 PM

Ronda has one advantage, which is grappling and she would try very hard to get him on the floor and for that to happen she'd have to rush him and hope he doesn't knock her out in the process - but I just think Mayweather (without gloves) is a different animal than the girls Ronda is used to going against and unless she gets lucky and can get him on the ground, i think she'll be seeing butterflies in no time.

#8 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,270 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted October 06, 2014 - 11:28 PM

same girl that was talking ish to ray rice, same dude that drags extremely strong 280lb men? Now she talks ish about Floyd? This chick needs a reality check.

ap1.png

#9 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Superstar

• 7,800 posts

Posted October 07, 2014 - 12:32 AM

same girl that was talking ish to ray rice, same dude that drags extremely strong 280lb men? Now she talks ish about Floyd? This chick needs a reality check.

Well, it's an interesting question. If she can't beat Floyd Mayweather, then who could she beat? How would she do against an amateur male fighter?

I think she'd be able to beat most of them to be honest (amateur male fighters).

Consider this: perhaps the greatest fighter of all time – Fedor Emilianenko – who stood at 6’00’’ and 230 pounds could beat anyone regardless of size, like the 390 pound Zuluzinho or the 353 pound Choi Hong-man. Fedor beat those guys (easily) because he was a lot more skilled than those guys. And faster.

Rousey is about 135 pounds, so if we’re looking at the same weight discrepancy that Fedor was taking on, she’d have to go against guys weighing around 230 pounds. A few differences though is that Rousey wouldn't have the speed advantage that Fedor had, and the difference in strength would be much greater.

Floyd Mayweather? No, he would knock her out immediately.

Ray Rice? Probably. He's quite big and strong, but has no real fighing experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users