#21 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted September 23, 2014 - 08:17 AM

I almost feel it's acceptable for Laker fans to have a different relationship with him than most any other fanbase of a player. This guy has spoiled us for close to 2 decades and has gone to ridiculous lengths (playing through whatever) while entertaining and winning. The only other fan-player relationship I can compare it to is MJ/Bulls and Larry/Celtics. You can't have reasonable debates about those guys with them and I expect no different with Kobe nation

Edited by stillshining, September 23, 2014 - 08:19 AM.

#22 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,159 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 23, 2014 - 10:08 AM

I was being factitious but Kobe has the respect of his peers and the NBA environment as a whole and always has.  Kobe also came up during the Iverson era so a lot of mainstream and casual fans didn't care for him.  When he was younger he was extremely lame as well.  The Black Mamba mouth of a sailor guy dont F with him person that most of these younger guys know was not him up until like 2007.  This is the Kobe they remember and love.  Most of the people dont really like Kobe remember the old stuff and it just sticks.  Hard to kill a reputation once its made. 

The things that may reign true about Kobe NOW are not what always were.  So when the debates fly about Kobe no one is ever truly wrong or right.  Let's take debate whether Kobe is a leader or not.  Sure he is, he's a pretty good one....NOW.  When Kobe was younger he was far from that, to the point that Phil called him "uncoachable".   Everyone has a journey and Kobe has had his play out in front of us.  Some however either don't remember it due to age or they werent even watching at the time.  Some of the biggest fans on this site I've realize are guys that are like 19 years or so.  They dont even remember when Shaq was not even on this team. 

When dealing with irrational fanatics everything will be skewed as some form of hate.  I just find it hilarious the reactions I get when it comes to him lol.  Ive seen guys on here make worst statements about Kobe that don't even get the Jody Fan Club riled up lol. 

Hate means you care, blind love is 10 times worse than hating for all the right reasons.

Kobe didn't have my respect until the 81 pt game. for holding a reputation of a ball hogger, he is willing to hog it all the way, so his team come back from a 15 pt deficit and give them a lead in a single quarter.  This is how you lead.  

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#23 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,232 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted September 23, 2014 - 12:33 PM

I was being factitious but Kobe has the respect of his peers and the NBA environment as a whole and always has. Kobe also came up during the Iverson era so a lot of mainstream and casual fans didn't care for him. When he was younger he was extremely lame as well. The Black Mamba mouth of a sailor guy dont F with him person that most of these younger guys know was not him up until like 2007. This is the Kobe they remember and love. Most of the people dont really like Kobe remember the old stuff and it just sticks. Hard to kill a reputation once its made.

The things that may reign true about Kobe NOW are not what always were. So when the debates fly about Kobe no one is ever truly wrong or right. Let's take debate whether Kobe is a leader or not. Sure he is, he's a pretty good one....NOW. When Kobe was younger he was far from that, to the point that Phil called him "uncoachable". Everyone has a journey and Kobe has had his play out in front of us. Some however either don't remember it due to age or they werent even watching at the time. Some of the biggest fans on this site I've realize are guys that are like 19 years or so. They dont even remember when Shaq was not even on this team.

When dealing with irrational fanatics everything will be skewed as some form of hate. I just find it hilarious the reactions I get when it comes to him lol. Ive seen guys on here make worst statements about Kobe that don't even get the Jody Fan Club riled up lol.

I remember watching him airball an open 3 in the playoffs his rookie year, and i was thinking, we traded divac for that? Glad he got to be where he is now, when shaq left i thought there goes the real champion. only later on 06~07 when he really pick up the slack and start to understand the game from a higher level. There always a growup stage i guess.

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#24 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,219 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted September 24, 2014 - 05:03 AM

I remember watching him airball an open 3 in the playoffs his rookie year, and i was thinking, we traded divac for that? Glad he got to be where he is now, when shaq left i thought there goes the real champion. only later on 06~07 when he really pick up the slack and start to understand the game from a higher level. There always a growup stage i guess.

it was 3 straight airballs vs the Jazz. I remember it. it sucked. bad. I didnt bail on him. I knew he was gonna be the man in this league one day soon, After all rooks do that stuff. Especially a HS grad rookie who was playing 20 mins game. He just ran outta gas. But I believe that game helped to make him what we know him as today.

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kobe Bryant, Team USA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users