23 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,219 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted September 16, 2014 - 04:28 AM

Kobe getting major props here. And its 100% accurate imo. I was happy to read this. The line in the 2nd to last paragraph made me jump out my seat and be like dayyyyyum!
I didnt see it posted. Story came out yesterday and usually all you guys are right on it...lol. So sorry if its here somewhere.

Have you noticed? The world just doesn't seem to hate the U.S. men's national basketball team quite the way it once did.

It's understandable, seeing as our demeanor isn't as hate-inspiring. There was a time when we showed up thinking that the names on the backs of the jerseys, as much as the three letters on the front, would take care of business. The world noticed, ultimately made us pay for that arrogance and reveled in seeing it.   

That was then. USA's basketball dominance has been reestablished now. If there was any question, the just-completed romp in the FIBA World Cup for another gold medal answered it (129-92 win over Serbia). While the names on the back were still notable, none served as the cornerstone of every victory. 

It was a collective, mix-and-match effort. And while this year's squad apparently drew inspiration from hearing that Spain was favored over it in some circles, the reason the U.S. can once again claim undisputed rights to the basketball throne is because we, as a basketball nation, showed some respect, not because we were deprived of it.   

That much is clear. The current national program works harder, prepares better and, arguably, cares more. Who deserves the most credit for creating this new image, not only within the program but also to the world at large?

The answer, at least for some, is the man who is not exactly known for readily acknowledging that anyone is on his level: Kobe Bean Bryant.

Rest of story in link:

http://bleacherrepor...ign=programming

Edited by LakersGAFan, September 16, 2014 - 04:33 AM.

• Draztik, Kobe-Wan Kenobi, GenkiSushi and 1 other like this

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#2 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,459 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted September 16, 2014 - 04:49 AM

It's in the Kobe Bryant thread
  • LakersGAFan likes this
21lsbya.jpg

#3 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,764 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 16, 2014 - 06:23 AM

it can have it's own thread

• LakersGAFan, Draztik, Majesty and 1 other like this

Posted Image

#4 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,682 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted September 16, 2014 - 07:53 AM

Nice read.

• LakersGAFan likes this

#5 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,902 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted September 21, 2014 - 12:11 PM

Kobe is the new Superman!
  • LakersGAFan likes this

#6 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,440 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted September 21, 2014 - 01:12 PM

Great share!

Saw this article on Facebook, as well. Was about to share it.

Very informative. Won't find this stuff on ESPN.

Kobe's impact on this league is severely underrated...

Edited by Jackson, September 21, 2014 - 01:12 PM.

• LakersGAFan likes this

#7 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,446 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted September 21, 2014 - 01:20 PM

notice how poster like Jody rarely goes into a positive Kobe thread?

• Jackson likes this

ap1.png

#8 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,280 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 21, 2014 - 06:09 PM

Lmao...I was actually going to post my thoughts but after reading this I'd rather continue to let the myth of me being a complete Kobe hater ride out

notice how poster like Jody rarely goes into a positive Kobe thread?

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#9 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 21, 2014 - 06:18 PM

Lmao...I was actually going to post my thoughts but after reading this I'd rather continue to let the myth of me being a complete Kobe hater ride out

But being that you already posted you were going to it would already go against the myth :P thus there is no reason to now not say your thoughts :P

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#10 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,280 posts

Posted September 21, 2014 - 06:39 PM

He isn't worthy of my thoughts of Kobe.  Im a bigger fan of Kobe than given credit for.  I just dont feel the need to sing his praises every time he's brought up. 

But being that you already posted you were going to it would already go against the myth :P thus there is no reason to now not say your thoughts :P

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#11 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,440 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted September 21, 2014 - 06:52 PM

He isn't worthy of my thoughts of Kobe.  Im a bigger fan of Kobe than given credit for.  I just dont feel the need to sing his praises every time he's brought up. 

People are allowed to praise Jordan and LeBron, but not Kobe?

ON A FRICKING LAKERS FORUM?!

#12 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,280 posts

Posted September 21, 2014 - 07:27 PM

Stop being silly.  This is a thread about Kobe's heroics in the 2008 Olympics.  Why do you feel the need to kick up the BS here? 

People are allowed to praise Jordan and LeBron, but not Kobe?

ON A FRICKING LAKERS FORUM?!

• lonlyamongus likes this

#13 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,232 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted September 21, 2014 - 09:55 PM

Kobe will do whatever it takes to win, that where he earned my respect. 

• LakersGAFan and Jackson like this

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#14 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,280 posts

Posted September 22, 2014 - 08:09 AM

Truth is I like Kobe just as much as someone like Majesty lol.  I don't care much for Lebron and find his personality quite annoying.  I however, despise radical fandom of guys that don't understand the game of basketball and downplay the contributions of others to the sport.  Catch me on another board where Lebron stans are going crazy and riding on Kobe I'll probably be viewed as a "kobe fan" there. 

#15 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,446 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted September 22, 2014 - 09:20 AM

Stop being silly. This is a thread about Kobe's heroics in the 2008 Olympics. Why do you feel the need to kick up the BS here?

because that's what you do in this board. I knew a soon as I posted something you would come crawling out of ghost mode lol easy to read. Just like your buddy Harry

ap1.png

#16 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,280 posts

Posted September 22, 2014 - 09:45 AM

The only person easy to read are the ones that log on to see what I post, the ones that log on to read my post history and what my thoughts are.  Glad you joined that club.  Honestly I see you post on here but couldn't tell you the first thing about you in regards to your views or thoughts on this board.  You know me I barely know you.  Thanks for being a fan.

because that's what you do in this board. I knew a soon as I posted something you would come crawling out of ghost mode lol easy to read. Just like your buddy Harry

#17 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,219 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted September 22, 2014 - 09:56 AM

I hate it when people convolute good threads that contain awesome stories that all Lakers fans can appreciate with b.s. like all yall are spewing. It bogs down something positive with something negetive and in many ways cliche. In all respect kill it please. Everyone can have a opinion. Off base or precise it doesnt matter. Thats just a matter of view points anyway, Its not worth the waste of cyberspace arguing about because nothings ever decided and proven. This is the best read on KB in 2-3 years easy. And I was so happy to see it, excited to share it and I know theres many more on LN who feel the same. Lets focus on something good for once. We all know good reads are gonna be few and far in between for a while.

Edited by LakersGAFan, September 22, 2014 - 09:57 AM.

• MAMBA24ILL, JGuez, Majesty and 2 others like this

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#18 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,280 posts

Posted September 22, 2014 - 10:26 AM

Im all for that, I appreciate what Kobe has brought to the game.  Fav player of all time.  I hate him though lol. 

• lonlyamongus likes this

#19 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,682 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted September 22, 2014 - 11:07 AM

I greatly appreciate what Kobe has brought to the game.  Numerous guys have had extraordinary talent in the last 20 years.  What separates the Jordans and Bryants is the desire to do whatever it takes to win.  Sometimes that means that they are less than stellar team mates and leaders though.

There is nothing wrong with Jody pointing that out.  This is Laker Nation not Kobe Nation.

• LakersGAFan, Jody Smokes and lonlyamongus like this

#20 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,232 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted September 22, 2014 - 01:51 PM

Hate means you care, blind love is 10 times worse than hating for all the right reasons.

Kobe didn't have my respect until the 81 pt game. for holding a reputation of a ball hogger, he is willing to hog it all the way, so his team come back from a 15 pt deficit and give them a lead in a single quarter.  This is how you lead.  

Im all for that, I appreciate what Kobe has brought to the game.  Fav player of all time.  I hate him though lol. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kobe Bryant, Team USA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users