Photo

NFL superstar, Adrian Peterson, arrested for child abuse, viciously beat 4 year old son with a stick

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted September 17, 2014 - 05:07 PM

I hate when someone uses a stupid Bible verse or religious nonsense to make their actions seem okay. It's used by homophobes and sexist people all day everyday.

You're a horrible person. IDGAF what some book written thousands of years ago says, or what the invisible man in the sky thinks.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#42 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,697 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 17, 2014 - 05:38 PM

I hate when someone uses a stupid Bible verse or religious nonsense to make their actions seem okay. It's used by homophobes and sexist people all day everyday.

You're a horrible person. IDGAF what some book written thousands of years ago says, or what the invisible man in the sky thinks.

Man...shut up. You're no better than the extremists on the other end of the spectrum.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#43 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted September 17, 2014 - 05:43 PM

You can think what you like.

I can't stand the hypocrisy. I'm fine with someone being religious, but don't hide behind it when you're a child abuser or a woman beater.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#44 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted September 17, 2014 - 09:22 PM

The thing about being religious is you can't half ass it and then expect people to take you serious when you use it as a crutch. Where was the religious quotes when it came to being faithful to one woman? Or having children out of wedlock?
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#45 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,697 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 02:50 PM

You can think what you like.

I can't stand the hypocrisy. I'm fine with someone being religious, but don't hide behind it when you're a child abuser or a woman beater.

You're implying more than what you claim. As if God is responsible for Adrian Peterson's actions? What he did (or any abuser, thief, murderer, rapist, and etc does) has nothing to do with God. 

I'm an advocate of disciplining your children (and whupping if necessary) but there's a line to be drawn with a four year child and Adrian Peterson crossed that line. He needs to take his thoughts to God and not post them on social media. Forgiveness and rectifying his actions should be the only thing on his mind. 

Pau Gasol is GONE

#46 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 03:55 PM

I think we are misunderstanding each other. I don't think what Adrian Peterson did has anything to do with god, or being a Christian, either. I just don't like when someone hides behind religion or God when they get caught doing something reprehensible, as if it's an excuse or something. 

Adrian Peterson is a hypocrite. That's my problem. 

#47 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,697 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 04:08 PM

If that's what you mean, fine. But you used pretty strong words towards the word of God which led me to believe your statements were more than just about AP.

Some of us don't come to terms with what we've done as quickly as others and Peterson seems to be such an example. I don't like what he said either...mainly because it's out of place...but also because it incites people like you (no offense) to lash out at Christianity. 

Pau Gasol is GONE

#48 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,860 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted September 18, 2014 - 06:42 PM

f86defcb2efa3c8f6f0265bfd0750060.jpg😭

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#49 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 08:57 PM

If that's what you mean, fine. But you used pretty strong words towards the word of God which led me to believe your statements were more than just about AP.

Some of us don't come to terms with what we've done as quickly as others and Peterson seems to be such an example. I don't like what he said either...mainly because it's out of place...but also because it incites people like you (no offense) to lash out at Christianity. 

No offense taken. Perhaps my word choice could have been better, looking back on it. I don't mean to offend anyone ever. 

• Windu likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users