Photo

NFL superstar, Adrian Peterson, arrested for child abuse, viciously beat 4 year old son with a stick

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted September 14, 2014 - 11:01 PM

There's nothing wrong with spanking so gtfoh with that nonesense. It's why a lot of kids are disrespectful and entitled these day. Spanking with enough force to break skin and scar is ABUSE, spanking that leaves to momentary redness is COMPLETELY FINE. Society  smdh

Nonsense? Okey doke, I'll just not listen to years of psychology studies that show beatings are bad for children.

No where did I say spankings, by the way. I said hitting with objects, AKA beatings. 

Kids aren't any more disrespectful now than they ever were. That's just something that everyone says as they get older when they see bad kids. People said it in the 70's, people said it in the 50's, and our kids will be saying it in 2030.

I was a disrespectful little idiot that was thrown out of school as a teenager. No beating was going to make me act right, if anything it would have made me act more destructively. I wasn't going to go home if my mom or dad would have beaten me. A psychiatrist is what I needed, not a leather belt. Beating me wouldn't have done anything but made me resent my parents, just like my dad resents my grandmother, who was physically and mentally abusive to him and his sisters. They now have no relationship, and no tears will be shed when she passes.

Edited by MidnightMarauder, September 14, 2014 - 11:24 PM.

#22 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,215 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted September 15, 2014 - 07:36 AM

lock him up

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#23 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,215 posts

Posted September 15, 2014 - 07:39 AM

Chris Carter put some truths down

Hall of Famer Cris Carter takes a passionate stand against child abuse on "Sunday NFL Countdown" and explains why Minnesota made the right decision deactivating Adrian Peterson
http://espn.go.com/v...lip?id=11524750

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#24 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,215 posts

Posted September 15, 2014 - 07:58 AM

4 years old. I just think how perfectly innocent my 5 year old is. How I feel every time she smiles and does something special. How happy I get, It makes everything feel good. And then I think how theres no way on earth she could do anything bad enough to deserve a lashing like AP gave his 4 year old son. Theyre children. They dont even know whats wrong or right. Its a parents job to show them. Not beat them.

Edited by LakersGAFan, September 15, 2014 - 09:51 AM.

• Busty Bluth likes this

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#25 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,198 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted September 15, 2014 - 08:24 AM

And they are now reactivating him. He will be playing week 3

http://espn.go.com/n...=sportscenterFB

Edited by bigfetz, September 15, 2014 - 08:32 AM.

#26 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,215 posts

Posted September 15, 2014 - 09:50 AM

And they are now reactivating him. He will be playing week 3

http://espn.go.com/n...=sportscenterFB

so basically a NFL player could eat a child and still be at practice the following week.

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#27 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 24,241 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar

Posted September 15, 2014 - 10:49 AM

Idk what a 4 year old could do to get whooped like that.

That's why I said, I don't think a tree branch was the right thing to do, maybe a belt a couple of times.

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#28 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight got traded for the ends of the white๐Ÿž& an ๐ŸŠ

• 8,660 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted September 15, 2014 - 12:04 PM

1410636115000-ADRIAN_PETERSON_MUGSHOT.JP

Edited by Mr Terrific, September 15, 2014 - 12:12 PM.

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#29 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,457 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 15, 2014 - 01:07 PM

After this.
I am joining the "goodel should be fired" bandwagon

Unless the nfl comes out and punishes him very soon.

No way should he be able to play!
  • Azazello and LakersGAFan like this

#30 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,457 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 15, 2014 - 01:09 PM

After this.
I am joining the "goodel should be fired" bandwagon

Unless the nfl comes out and punishes him very soon.

No way should he be able to play!
If you draw blood on a 4 year old. That should be a big deal!
Draw blood more than a dozen times!!!
What a disgrace!

#31 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,198 posts

Posted September 15, 2014 - 05:35 PM

So apparently now they found that another 4 year old son was beaten and has facial scarring.

#32 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,198 posts

Posted September 15, 2014 - 09:16 PM

First sponsor just left the vikings.

http://carlson.com/n...19bdc180dd01324

• LakersGAFan likes this

#33 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,215 posts

Posted September 16, 2014 - 03:24 AM

First sponsor just left the vikings.

http://carlson.com/n...19bdc180dd01324

thats interesting. So a players actions can make a sponsor of the entire franchise pull out. Now if Coke, bud, Verizon, direct tv, Marriott, pappa johns, etc would suspend their sponsorship's until real actions are taken to clean up this mess.

But then we will all know that the only reason the NFL FO took action was to save their sponsorships, not because they believe they have a moral obligation to society and their fans :-(

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#34 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,043 posts

Posted September 16, 2014 - 08:47 AM

Peterson's shoved his brother off a toy motorcycle, that's what incited the beating. In this particular case, i feel that Peterson beat his son and should serve whatever the punishment is. He went overboard and broke the law, now he needs to face the consequences. I just hope he doesn't lose his children because of this, unless there's evidence of him delivering beating like this on a consistent bases.

I believe in corporal punishment and all that stuff. I watched my brother miss a week of school because he got his ass whooped so bad, but he was 12 at the time. Peterson's son is 4 and has no business being whipped until he bled.
  • LakersGAFan likes this

#35 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,377 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted September 16, 2014 - 09:07 AM

Nonsense? Okey doke, I'll just not listen to years of psychology studies that show beatings are bad for children.

No where did I say spankings, by the way. I said hitting with objects, AKA beatings. 

Kids aren't any more disrespectful now than they ever were. That's just something that everyone says as they get older when they see bad kids. People said it in the 70's, people said it in the 50's, and our kids will be saying it in 2030.

I was a disrespectful little idiot that was thrown out of school as a teenager. No beating was going to make me act right, if anything it would have made me act more destructively. I wasn't going to go home if my mom or dad would have beaten me. A psychiatrist is what I needed, not a leather belt. Beating me wouldn't have done anything but made me resent my parents, just like my dad resents my grandmother, who was physically and mentally abusive to him and his sisters. They now have no relationship, and no tears will be shed when she passes.

turn on the news and see what are children are doing. 100x worst that it was before but nice try trying to use "every generation" says that. Simply not true.  The SCOPE of bad things children are doing and the SCOPE of disrespect is WAY higher and more FREQUENT than it was in earlier generations.

I agree with beatings being bad. But children are not being disciplined and children often feel they don't have a voice because no one really listens to them. You're blind if you think its the same ol same.

ap1.png

#36 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted September 16, 2014 - 10:01 AM

turn on the news and see what are children are doing. 100x worst that it was before but nice try trying to use "every generation" says that. Simply not true.  The SCOPE of bad things children are doing and the SCOPE of disrespect is WAY higher and more FREQUENT than it was in earlier generations.

I agree with beatings being bad. But children are not being disciplined and children often feel they don't have a voice because no one really listens to them. You're blind if you think its the same ol same.

There's no hard proof that children are any more disrespectful now than they ever were. They also show more murders than ever on American news stations, but murders are much lowere than they were 20 years ago. And even if they were more disrespectful, beatings aren't the way to go.

#37 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,198 posts

Posted September 16, 2014 - 10:42 PM

Officially deactivated until the court issues are done. Will most likely be out for the season. Could very well be the end of his career. 

#38 ajaxjs

ajaxjs

Rookie

• 256 posts
  • Name:Jack Clifford
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq

Posted September 17, 2014 - 03:11 AM

I'd say from personal experience that most kids benefit from being afraid of their parents to some extent. Not terrified. But afraid in the sense of being respectful. Your relationship with your kid will determine how they handle authority for the rest of their lives. It's probably best for them if they don't go through life as a snotty, entitled brat. Not unless you've got a trust fund to bestow them with after you're dead.

Some parents can accomplish that without corporal punishment. Personally, my parents made the mistake of always threatening consequences then never following through. I blame myself, but it still instilled some bad habits i needed some reverses in life to overcome. This was partly because my mother was seriously abused and couldn't bring herself to even a hint of similar behavior...directly opposite of Peterson's supposed motivation.

Obviously, the fine line is doing this in such a way that doesn't verge into beating the sh/t out of your kid. But there's going to be at least one time in every parent's relationship with their child when they feel deep down that it's right to give their kid a spanking at that moment. And the kid will know it too. If you don't follow through, you'll do more harm than giving them a welt ever could.

That said, beating them savagely enough to where their tiny bloodied and bruised body becomes a trending international news headline is a vastly worse alternative to letting it slide.

• Windu likes this

#39 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight got traded for the ends of the white๐Ÿž& an ๐ŸŠ

• 8,660 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted September 17, 2014 - 02:36 PM

Quit spankin y'all

Edited by Mr Terrific, September 17, 2014 - 02:38 PM.

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#40 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,198 posts

Posted September 17, 2014 - 04:23 PM

fUYYGJh.jpg

lol AP should just shut up and stay off all social media for the next 5 years. 

The guy beets his kid till he bleeds then thinks its a [expletive]ing test of his faith. Hey AP, why don't you go impregnate another dozen woman you piece of [expletive]. I really hope he goes to jail. 

Edited by bigfetz, September 17, 2014 - 04:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)