Photo

NFL superstar, Adrian Peterson, arrested for child abuse, viciously beat 4 year old son with a stick

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,457 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 13, 2014 - 07:16 PM

http://www.alternet....gives-his-other

Warning
Don't look at the pictures of the horrible
Injuries AD inflicted on his 4 year old son.

AD has been ruled out of Sundays game vs the patriots

The outrage over ray rice KO'in his wife hasn't even died down yet, but now another nfl star running back has made national headlines for abusing a family member.

In this case, Adrian Peterson (one of the best rbs on nfl history) was arrested for beating his 4 year old, punching him in the nuts, and leaving horrible HORRIBLE marks on him.

AD will miss this Sundays game vs the pats.

I expect a heavy punishment from Goodell. Like how ray rice recieved a laughable 2 game suspension, I think AD will recieve a HUGE suspension!

He may be gone for the rest of the year! Tomorrow is gone for him, I expect many game suspension

I repeat!!!!
DO NOT LOOK AT THE PICTURES

DONT do it!
I saw a tiny thumb nail of one in a google search, and it filled me with rage!

Ad=human scumbag

Edited by TKainZero, September 13, 2014 - 08:55 PM.

#2 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,473 posts
  • Name:Wade
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted September 13, 2014 - 07:24 PM

Last year, one of Peterson’s children, a 2-year-old boy, died from injuries allegedly sustained at the hands of his mother’s boyfriend at the time.

Read more: http://www.rawstory....1-year-old-boy/

LeGj1r3.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?
A: "My heart and soul." --Kobe Bryant

#3 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,659 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted September 13, 2014 - 07:31 PM

The pics are pretty bad. Kid will probably have scars. That's child abuse.

NFL won't punish him too much though. Would be shocked if it's more than 6 games which would be bull[expletive].

Edited by bigfetz, September 13, 2014 - 07:35 PM.

#4 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,457 posts

Posted September 13, 2014 - 08:07 PM

The thing is, the NFL has to overcorrect for ray rice

Peterson grabbed a switch – a thin flexible tree branch – removed the leaves, stuffing them into the boy’s mouth. Then the monster pulled his pants down and whipped him repeatedly.
The child also suffered cuts and bruises to his ankles and legs, as well as defensive wounds to his hands.
Peterson cruelly texted the mother about one cut on the boy’s leg that he said would make her “mad at me…I got kinda good wit [sic] the tail end of the switch.”
In subsequent texts, the sick footballer told her: “Never do I go overboard! But all my kids will know, hey daddy has the biggie [sic] heart but don’t play no games when it comes to acting right.”

The bruised boy allegedly told cops, “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face.”
The shaken boy also said he was scared that Peterson would punch him in the face if he spoke to authorities. Cops said the boy told them he had been hit with a belt and that “there are a lot of belts in Daddy’s closet.”
Peterson “likes belts and switches” and “has a whooping room,” the child later told his mom.
Several stomach-churning lacerations can be seen on the child’s hand and thigh in photos released by the Houston Police Department.

Dude is going down

Edited by TKainZero, September 13, 2014 - 08:19 PM.

#5 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,897 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted September 13, 2014 - 09:54 PM

Life time ban plz🙏 don't want to see AP gash us no mo.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#6 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted September 13, 2014 - 11:18 PM

Are those scars really stomach turning? Lol by the way you hyped it up I thought I was gonna see much worse. I don't condone beating for discipline but if it's needed then any lasting marks or scars shouldn't be left. I'll say that I was brought up the same way and I don't even look at this as a real incident... you could tell Peterson doesn't as well seeing his mug shot lol
  • 24allday likes this

#7 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,271 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted September 14, 2014 - 12:28 AM

Are those scars really stomach turning? Lol by the way you hyped it up I thought I was gonna see much worse. I don't condone beating for discipline but if it's needed then any lasting marks or scars shouldn't be left. I'll say that I was brought up the same way and I don't even look at this as a real incident... you could tell Peterson doesn't as well seeing his mug shot lol

Yea, a lot of this will come down to how each individual was raised. Me personally I would get hit with belt, sandals, and even a stick a few times. I am sure there might've been barely noticeable bruises, but never punctured skin and that is where I personally believe it is well beyond excessive. I don't consider it a big deal to disciple a child physically, but to leave a 4 year old kid like that is very excessive from what I mentioned, and well beyond that of even a spanking.

As such there people who believe to never at all physically reprimand a child, it just comes down to beliefs and culture to a certain point.

#8 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted September 14, 2014 - 05:00 AM

Yea upon learning the kid was only 4 that's pretty rough. Real early to start pulling the switch out

#9 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,457 posts

Posted September 14, 2014 - 05:33 AM

Remember those pics were a full WEEK after it happen!

This is a grown man, professional athlete, a human of godlike physical body, beating a child, a 4 year old, to draw blood.

One hard hit. Okay. A few okay... But drawing blood?
Draw blood once on accident, thats something... But it looks like AD beat the kid. The first couple hits were punishment. The next dozen were child abuse.

#10 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,701 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 14, 2014 - 07:33 AM

he didn't punch the kid in the nuts...

i've been hit w/ a switch before multiple times...20 years ago, this wouldn't even be a story

he should know better these days though, bastard is on my fantasy team too

Posted Image

#11 Chick Stern

Chick Stern

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Big 4: West/Kareem/Magic/Kobe

Posted September 14, 2014 - 10:17 AM

bac3udffiz7m0m6xx7y2.jpg

stephena.gif

"You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good."

--Jerry West

#12 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight got traded for the ends of the white🍞& an 🍊

• 8,738 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted September 14, 2014 - 12:52 PM

My parents would be on Death Row in 2014..

• Icker likes this

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#13 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 24,241 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar

Posted September 14, 2014 - 02:00 PM

I'm 50/50 with this. I believe Children needs a whippin if they are outta line. but idk if a tree branch is the right thing to do 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#14 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,659 posts

Posted September 14, 2014 - 03:16 PM

I'm 50/50 with this. I believe Children needs a whippin if they are outta line. but idk if a tree branch is the right thing to do 

Idk what a 4 year old could do to get whooped like that.

• LakersGAFan and Busty Bluth like this

#15 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted September 14, 2014 - 03:35 PM

Cris Carter had an awesome response to this

http://espn.go.com/v...d=espn:11524750

There's a difference between discipline and abuse. And just because parents did it ten or 20 or however many years ago doesn't make it right. There was a lot of dumb stuff that parents did years ago that we realize is abuse nowadays with better doctors and psychiatrists. 

I don't ever agree with hitting anybody(especially a child) with an object. Especially when it produces cuts. It's like parents don't realize what this kind of stuff can do to a toddlers mental development, as it relates to mood disorders and anxiety attacks and stuff as an adult. It's no coincidence that a great many people that have mental illnesses were beaten severely as children. It honestly disappoints me so much that in 2014 so many people will still ignore facts that science has given us as it relates to psychology. 

There are so many better ways to discipline children that doesn't involve any hitting at all. Every study has found that hitting children is foolhardy at best, and a disaster at worst as it relates to their mental health in the future. It's not legal to hit your coworkers or your fellow students or people on the street. Why is it legal to hit children who have no way to defend themselves against people who are 3 times their size? Children aren't property. They're not there to be slapped and belittled and abused because a parent can't control their temper. 

Edited by MidnightMarauder, September 14, 2014 - 04:07 PM.

• Azazello likes this

#16 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,395 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted September 14, 2014 - 09:03 PM

Completely ridiculous honestly. Sure he took it a little far but he said he was parenting the way he got parented, a little discipline is good. Quit trying to ruin the dude's career for being a parent.

#17 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,659 posts

Posted September 14, 2014 - 09:40 PM

Completely ridiculous honestly. Sure he took it a little far but he said he was parenting the way he got parented, a little discipline is good. Quit trying to ruin the dude's career for being a parent.

Dude its a 4 year old. What could a 4 year old possibly do to be whipped with a stick until he bleeds. I dont give a [expletive] what parents did years back, its not ok to whip a 4 year old. 

#18 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted September 14, 2014 - 10:10 PM

Cris Carter had an awesome response to this

http://espn.go.com/v...d=espn:11524750

There's a difference between discipline and abuse. And just because parents did it ten or 20 or however many years ago doesn't make it right. There was a lot of dumb stuff that parents did years ago that we realize is abuse nowadays with better doctors and psychiatrists. 

I don't ever agree with hitting anybody(especially a child) with an object. Especially when it produces cuts. It's like parents don't realize what this kind of stuff can do to a toddlers mental development, as it relates to mood disorders and anxiety attacks and stuff as an adult. It's no coincidence that a great many people that have mental illnesses were beaten severely as children. It honestly disappoints me so much that in 2014 so many people will still ignore facts that science has given us as it relates to psychology. 

There are so many better ways to discipline children that doesn't involve any hitting at all. Every study has found that hitting children is foolhardy at best, and a disaster at worst as it relates to their mental health in the future. It's not legal to hit your coworkers or your fellow students or people on the street. Why is it legal to hit children who have no way to defend themselves against people who are 3 times their size? Children aren't property. They're not there to be slapped and belittled and abused because a parent can't control their temper. 

There's nothing wrong with spanking so gtfoh with that nonesense. It's why a lot of kids are disrespectful and entitled these day. Spanking with enough force to break skin and scar is ABUSE, spanking that leaves to momentary redness is COMPLETELY FINE. Society  smdh

ap1.png

#19 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,395 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted September 14, 2014 - 10:31 PM

Dude its a 4 year old. What could a 4 year old possibly do to be whipped with a stick until he bleeds. I dont give a [expletive] what parents did years back, its not ok to whip a 4 year old. 

I said he took it a little far, no doubt about that. But he isn't the only one and he was doing what HE thought was best as a parent.

#20 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,897 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted September 14, 2014 - 10:50 PM

Maybe this whole issue is to force the Vikings to trade/cut him. So he can go to Dallas ya know?

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users