• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,660 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted September 09, 2014 - 06:31 PM

Microsoft Corp is in serious discussions to buy Mojang AB, the Swedish company behind the popular "Minecraft" video game, The Wall Street Journal said, citing a person with knowledge of the matter.
The deal is be valued at more than $2 billion and could be signed as early as this week, the Journal reported.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101975715

Honestly with the dumb stuff mojang has been doing lately to the community, microsoft maybe a better owner now.

Edited by bigfetz, September 15, 2014 - 08:26 AM.

#2 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,457 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 09, 2014 - 09:34 PM

No!!!
Microsoft will start charging for updates!

I'm still not over Microsoft buying Rare and wreaking the bet game developer company of all time!!!

Kudos for notch thou...
Make a game for fun. He has made millions.
Cash out for 2 billion. Good move

#3 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,660 posts

Posted September 09, 2014 - 09:47 PM

No!!!
Microsoft will start charging for updates!

I'm still not over Microsoft buying Rare and wreaking the bet game developer company of all time!!!

Kudos for notch thou...
Make a game for fun. He has made millions.
Cash out for 2 billion. Good move

Normally I would agree with the notch part but he talks so much [expletive] on these big companies and how he doesn't care about the money. Guy is a hypocrite. 

I remember when facebook bough oculus rift he pulled out of talks with oculus in adding in capability of using the rift in minecraft because facebook is "Creepy"

#4 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,660 posts

Posted September 15, 2014 - 08:23 AM

Statement on selling https://mojang.com/2...t-by-microsoft/

#5 ajaxjs

ajaxjs

Rookie

• 256 posts
  • Name:Jack Clifford
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq

Posted September 16, 2014 - 04:26 PM

For 2 billion dollars, Jeanie Buss would have Steve Nash crucified on live television, and still consider it a sound business investment. So we can't really act surprised here.

#6 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,457 posts

Posted September 19, 2014 - 11:12 PM

I don't know why Microsoft did this

Minecraft is 5 years old
Mojang isn't going to make another decent game.

I hope they don't ruin the game.

Remember. Microsoft bought out rareware(golden eye, perfect dark, jet force Gemini, clinkers bad fur day, diddy kong racing, donkey kong, banjo kazzoie)

And utterly ruined one of the best game developers of all time. ( they never made a decent game on xbox) (perfect dark zero was an abomination)

#7 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,760 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted September 25, 2014 - 10:12 AM

Never was a minecraft fan. Never really get it. Coming from a guy who played the Sims series and enjoyed it though I refused to buy the Sims 4 because I believe its a scam.  For some reason I never liked Minecraft. However, it is a sad that the Microsoft machine is buying it. Minecraft will be like the Sims 4. A scam to have consumers paying for more content when the content should be in the game already.  If there will be a Minecraft 2, I highly doubt it will sell well. Minecraft is a one hit wonder and a nitch game that will be in the history books as one of the most successful game ever. Spending 2 billion dollars on a delevopment team that probably wont create games that people will care about in the future is such a waste of money.

#8 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,457 posts

Posted September 25, 2014 - 06:58 PM

Yea. Don't understand why Microsoft bought it

It was a great idea
It was a great ride
It is a great game

But thats it
There is no sequel
There isn't another game they can make

Kudos to notch for making bank!!!
It was a good ride!
I don't know many games that stayed the best game in the world or as long as minecraft has.
I got in early, like 2009...
I got many many fiends hooked on it...
I remember when i first got it, and didn't touch my xbox for months... And when I got on, people were like, "tkain, what happen? Did you get arrested? Were you in jail? " I was like... Nah. I was playing minecraft on the pc... I explained the game to them, and a while later, it came out on Xbox, and it was massively fun for alll... Besides the odd cod hold out.

Minecraft is like the Woodstock off gaming. Oft imitated But never matched. Legendary.
Everyone will always remember thier first experience in minecraft. Just the vastness of the experience. No tutorial. No story. No explanation. No help guide.

It was raw.
Spartan like
Bare to the bones....
One of the reasons I got an ipad was so I could game on minecraft, and look at the minecraft wiki for everything I needed to know. Search out other people going thru the same thing

Every experience in minecraft is new, and unique. It just made other games seem terrible! Made other "sandbox" games feel like A to B busy mission games... A game like oblivion, a masterpiece in its own right, seems like a busy work mission grind compared to the true open-world was of minecraft

Minecraft is kinda like sienfeld
There is no story
No plot
No direction
It's a show about nothing, and minecraft is a game about nothing...
Some people can't handle it... They need direction... The idea of freedom and openness scares them! They want to know what door to go thru, what hall way to walk down, and what person to talk to.. Dieing over and over until you do exactly what the game wants you to do...

No cut scenes
No bs

You want an adventure.
Go on one... Make your own adventure!
You want a story! Make your own!

Minecraft still is the best game out there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users