29 replies to this topic

#1 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,093 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted September 06, 2014 - 05:49 PM

So KD has been labeled as one of only 4 players to be rated over 90 on NBA 2k15 using their new rating system. IMO, Kobe is most likely not at 90 for he first time in a video game sine umm maybe 2000.

CP3, Lebron, Melo, Kobe, and Westbrook all have the skill to be over 90 but there is only 3 spots left. Lebron is obviously 1 of them so that really only leaves two spots.

Would rating Kobe under a 90 be disrespectful? As a Laker fan how do you feel about this? Who do you think the other two spots will be filled by?

#2 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 5,807 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted September 06, 2014 - 05:52 PM

My guesses for the other 90s, CP3 and Russ West.

Would say Harden, but his defensive stats probably got his overall in the high 80s

2div

#3 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 497 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted September 06, 2014 - 06:03 PM

He will be after I play a season on rookie level and he's dropping 90-100 a night.. ;)

#4 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,128 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted September 06, 2014 - 06:41 PM

He will be after I play a season on rookie level and he's dropping 90-100 a night.. ;)

Yeah lol. I'm going to edit the [expletive] out of him.

I just hate when he unexpectedly retires on me.

#5 dakidblu

dakidblu

Rookie

• 438 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Fisher Lamar

Posted September 06, 2014 - 06:43 PM

Im sure he will get bumped up after he starts balling on suckas and they update rosters after the season starts.

#6 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 24,241 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar

Posted September 06, 2014 - 07:20 PM

WHO GIVES A [expletive] ITS A [expletive]ING VIDEO GAME... Damn, Lakers fans take so much to heart. 

• Massacre, Air Apparent, Hero and 3 others like this

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#7 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,485 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 07:26 PM

WHO GIVES A [expletive] ITS A [expletive]ING VIDEO GAME... Damn, Lakers fans take so much to heart.

Lol overreact much? Nobody is even complaining.
  • Icker, DeeZee, Yaboy and 2 others like this

#8 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,093 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 07:30 PM

umm calm down guy. I was simply trying to start a thread that doesn't consist of a trade rumor that will never happen. The offseason doesn't give us much to talk about after free agency and the draft so I thought that this would be something worth talking about. I'm pretty sure nobody even complained, a couple people are joking about it.

Edited by kidpolean, September 06, 2014 - 07:31 PM.

#9 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 24,241 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar

Posted September 06, 2014 - 07:32 PM

Lol overreact much? Nobody is even complaining.

Yeah, I was overrating lol.. my bad i just went through my Twitter and saw this topic and fans were complaining then I saw this thread lol  

• Massacre likes this

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#10 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,485 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 07:34 PM

Yeah, I was overrating lol.. my bad i just went through my Twitter and saw this topic and fans were complaining then I saw this thread lol

Lol Laker fans on twitter give the legitimate fans a bad name.

#11 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,520 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 08:02 PM

What a slap in the face.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#12 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,139 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 06, 2014 - 08:11 PM

I've done rosters before for 2k.  I had Kobe at 89 post achilles in 2k14.  He hasn't played in a year to be able to really tell where he is if we're all being honest. 

• CueTheRain likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#13 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,093 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 08:22 PM

I've done rosters before for 2k.  I had Kobe at 89 post achilles in 2k14.  He hasn't played in a year to be able to really tell where he is if we're all being honest. 

True, but based on the last time we seen him 100%, He was still a 90 player easily imo. They have constantly had Rose with high ratings and I cant even remember the last time he played lol. I wonder if the 2010 Lakers will be a legendary team once Kobe retires. I would like to see the Big Three Heat as a legendary team as well once Bron retires.

Randle was given a pretty good rating. He is the third best rookie behind only Wiggins and Parker.

#14 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 06, 2014 - 08:34 PM

He'll start at an 85 most likely and if he returns to a high level during the season they'll auto raise it to 88 or 89 if not they'll lower it to 83 or keep it at 85

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#15 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,139 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 08:36 PM

They adjusted the ratings system this year.  The overall rating is more of a cosmetic thing.  What truly drives how good the player is is the individual ratings.  Kobe's OVR mostly dropped due to his athletic attributes being lowered.  Speed, Vert, Quickness and etc.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#16 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Off The Bench

• 1,769 posts

Posted September 07, 2014 - 12:24 AM

It's just a videogame. You can always edit the rosters realistically.

Kobe 99 - LeBron 25 :coffee:

• MrKnowItAll likes this

#17 ajaxjs

ajaxjs

Rookie

• 256 posts
  • Name:Jack Clifford
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq

Posted September 07, 2014 - 01:46 AM

If you're rating Kobe on respect, then put him at 99.

If you're rating him on his actual current estimated ability in 2014-2015, and weighing him on a rating system that is designed to have every player 5-6 points down than they used to be, then I think even 85 is too high. Maybe 80 at best.

I'm sure he has still a great shot, and he'll get a lot of great shots on this team. But even Kobe has admitted in interviews that he'll never have the same speed or physical potential that he used to have. Every one of those ratings that goes down even a few points, is going to affect the overall average.

#18 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,139 posts

Posted September 07, 2014 - 07:08 AM

80 is a bit low considering the new system.  I still give Kobe the benefit of the doubt of being better than Kevin Martin and Wesley Matthews

If you're rating Kobe on respect, then put him at 99.

If you're rating him on his actual current estimated ability in 2014-2015, and weighing him on a rating system that is designed to have every player 5-6 points down than they used to be, then I think even 85 is too high. Maybe 80 at best.

I'm sure he has still a great shot, and he'll get a lot of great shots on this team. But even Kobe has admitted in interviews that he'll never have the same speed or physical potential that he used to have. Every one of those ratings that goes down even a few points, is going to affect the overall average.

#19 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 926 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted September 07, 2014 - 02:39 PM

Jordan at 40 with the wizards was easily an 80. Kobe's better than that, I'm sure.

#20 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,457 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted September 07, 2014 - 03:48 PM

I was thinking Kobe a 83 to start

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users