Photo

NBA Live '15

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• LN Staff
  • 11,156 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted September 02, 2014 - 06:12 PM

Here's the official trailer

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 02, 2014 - 06:21 PM

They look extremely smooth, shiny and plastic... 

The gameplay is gonna matter in the grand scheme but their hair looks like it could be as smooth as a bald head.

Gameplay ultimately will matter cause if the gameplay is awesome the graphics will be close enoiugh. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#3 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,128 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted September 02, 2014 - 06:45 PM

NBA Live still sucks.

• j0k3r likes this

#4 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,589 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted September 02, 2014 - 06:55 PM

2K>>

Live isn't even in the same league as 2k. Simple as

• Kobe-Wan Kenobi and j0k3r like this

#5 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,999 posts

Posted September 02, 2014 - 07:01 PM

Hopefully there's a demo. Just doesn't seem worth risking buying this over 2k.

BTW....The NHL 15 Demo is SICK.

#6 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,702 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 03, 2014 - 05:33 AM

they're still attempting to make these games?  

haha

Posted Image

#7 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,139 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 03, 2014 - 02:37 PM

I hope its at least solid this year. Competition is great.  2k has allowed themselves to slump as of late.  We saw what lack of comp did for Madden.

• JGuez likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#8 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,457 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted September 03, 2014 - 06:40 PM

Wish 2k could make NFL games..

next time I see nfl 2k5 Im buying it...

Madden is like NBA live... both are EA sports piles of garbage...

thankfully, the 2k series is still around for the NBA... even if it has been on the downfall the last few years...

• Draztik likes this

#9 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• Site Admin
  • 15,336 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted September 03, 2014 - 10:37 PM

Looks like NBA 2k10.  Glad they are finally attempting to catch up.

• Majesty likes this

#10 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,014 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 03, 2014 - 10:49 PM

Good to see a different product.

2K games are absolutely stagnant and I thin half the reason people love them so much is because there isn't anything else.  personally, I think the 2K games are a whole lot of fluff and very little fun to play.

#11 Biggums

Biggums

I Do Work

• 422 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:kobe / glen rice

Posted September 04, 2014 - 06:07 AM

hope this doesn't suck. i bought live 14 and took it back after a couple days it was so trash. ridiculously hard to do anything. I went and grabbed 2k14 and enjoyed it much more. im gonna buy a used copy of live 15 so i can test it out as well.

5PiX5gx.jpg
SPurs Suck

#12 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,760 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted September 04, 2014 - 06:30 AM

EA needs to stop making NBA live already.  Live was awesome back in the late 90's and even early 2000 but now its 2k and it will always be 2k.   Unless EA going to be a douche and buy off the NBA license like they did with the NFL and we will stuck with Live there is no way it will beat out 2k.  EVER

#13 epicwolf

epicwolf

• 3,760 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 06:32 AM

Wish 2k could make NFL games..

next time I see nfl 2k5 Im buying it...

Madden is like NBA live... both are EA sports piles of garbage...

thankfully, the 2k series is still around for the NBA... even if it has been on the downfall the last few years...

They did until the evil empire that is EA bought off the NFL license. 

#14 epicwolf

epicwolf

• 3,760 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 06:34 AM

Good to see a different product.

2K games are absolutely stagnant and I thin half the reason people love them so much is because there isn't anything else.  personally, I think the 2K games are a whole lot of fluff and very little fun to play.

You must be smoking nice herbs. Pass it over.  NBA2k doesnt suck.  The carreer mode especially on the next gen console was incredible. The realistic movement was amazing.  I think you are the only person in the world that think nba 2k suck.  Im sure there is no way in hell you think NBA live 14 was good because even a blind man can see it suck.

#15 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,999 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 09:15 AM

EA needs to stop making NBA live already.  Live was awesome back in the late 90's and even early 2000 but now its 2k and it will always be 2k.   Unless EA going to be a douche and buy off the NBA license like they did with the NFL and we will stuck with Live there is no way it will beat out 2k.  EVER

EA did stop for a couple of years and they tried to make a comeback last year. I didn't get to play it but I heard Live 14 was awful.

Either way why would you want them to not try? I loved 2k14 but there's still so much about the series that can make it better. Competition is the easiest way to make that happen.

Also, what kind of mindset is this? You can't beat 2k so don't ever try to make a good game? I would hate to have the mindset in life to never try anything because I might not be good at it. 

The best inventions on our planet came from people trying and failing before.

#16 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,139 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted September 04, 2014 - 09:45 AM

You have a flawed view on the NFL license exclusivity issue.  The NFL approached EA with the license.  The NFL's model is about exclusivity anyway.  They don't like to deal with multiple partners for their products.  The reason why Madden has suffered is b/c of lack of competition.  If you don't think 2k is having the same issues right now then I can't help you.  Madden didn't start to fall off over night.  It took about 2-3 years for it to start get really bad.  2k14 Next Gen was a beta release and the only thing good about it was the graphics.  The modes were scaled back and 2k has always had online issues.  While 2k has been the superior basketball game they have not been any better in terms of improving in the past 2 years just like EA was in last gen. 

As a consumer the best thing that can happen is that both games are selling and both companies push each to make a quality product just like in the PS2/Xbox years when Madden 2005 and NFL 2k5 were going at it. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#17 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 04, 2014 - 10:28 AM

Dunno what it is but something about Blake's dunk just doesn't...look..right..  and maybe it's their lack of expressions in their movements outside of the cutscene animation or celebrations.  Like still being stonefaced when you're dunking or passing(look at Steph as he passes the ball, there's literally no emotion in his face).   

They seem to get animated when they have an animation after the fact, a celebration or a pre-game action.  But in game action and even when they are dunking their expression seems to remain stone.  I think that's what was bothering me. 

Edited by Majesty, September 04, 2014 - 10:31 AM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#18 epicwolf

epicwolf

• 3,760 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 12:58 PM

EA did stop for a couple of years and they tried to make a comeback last year. I didn't get to play it but I heard Live 14 was awful.

Either way why would you want them to not try? I loved 2k14 but there's still so much about the series that can make it better. Competition is the easiest way to make that happen.

Also, what kind of mindset is this? You can't beat 2k so don't ever try to make a good game? I would hate to have the mindset in life to never try anything because I might not be good at it. 

The best inventions on our planet came from people trying and failing before.

Its not about not trying. I love having competition.  Heck I want 2k to come out with an NFL game like when they had espn as their backing but EA pretty much monoplized the product.  I always want competition and I was hoping that Live would come back strong when it was dominant back in the late 90's however the last game showed that they didn't even try to compete. Its like all they care about are suckers like you who are sick of 2k basketball game and want something different so you end up paying 60 bucks for crap like Live 14.  It was so bad that I felt bad watching gameplay on youtube for Live.  I mean if EA really tried to compete or put even a little effort into making an ok game, they wouldnt come out with crap like that.  And look at hte NBA live before they went on a two year hiatus. It was crap during those years too. Its like they didn't even try. And thats why i say stop already. Stop tricking people to buying your crap game so you can make a few bucks without even trying to make it a good game.  You do know that even if you return the game, they still make money off the initial buy of that game right?  Its EA for you.  Its all about them making money and doesn't care if the product is good or not or the complaints from the fans.   Look at what they are doing with the Sims 4.  Coming out with out dated graphics, take away pools and toddlers. Im sure they will charge people DLC for pools and toddlers.  nba 2k had a chance to be lazy and not make the game good since they really don't have any competition for the past several years now but hey actually listen to the fans and make it better. I can't believe some of you guys think 2k14 suck. Im sure they will make 2k15 a lot better for next gen console.

Go ahead and buy Live 15. I dont really care. I don't get paid by 2k sports so I couldn't care less if you guys buy it or not. Im just saying that if you even have a thought that NBA live 15 will be even decent, you might be in for a great surprised.

Edited by epicwolf, September 04, 2014 - 01:06 PM.

#19 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,999 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 04:26 PM

Its not about not trying. I love having competition.  

Okay, well you legit said:

EA needs to stop making NBA live already.  

So it's not like I'm crazy to think you didn't want EA to make a game and compete....since you straight up said they need to stop. I didn't even take that quote out of context.

I haven't played NBA Live in years and wouldn't even give it the light of day without some reviews or a demo since the more recent ones have been poorly rated.

#20 epicwolf

epicwolf

• 3,760 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 08:27 PM

Okay, well you legit said:

So it's not like I'm crazy to think you didn't want EA to make a game and compete....since you straight up said they need to stop. I didn't even take that quote out of context.

I haven't played NBA Live in years and wouldn't even give it the light of day without some reviews or a demo since the more recent ones have been poorly rated.

You not getting it. What im saying is they need to stop tricking consumers.  If NBA live 14 was even good, atleast they have a competition. But if you watch how NBa live 14 was, it is so obvious they are being lazy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users