Photo

2014/2015 Lakers Practice

• Please log in to reply
930 replies to this topic

#1 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 08, 2014 - 12:35 AM

2014/2015 Official Lakers Training Camp Thread 

Nick Young puts up how many shots? 

.@eddavis32 catches up with his new head coach.

BudTjAZCYAAKN7n.jpg

Also working out in the gym today: @NickSwagyPYoung

BudUQ2PCYAABokL.jpg

Working with player development coach Larry Lewis. RT @Lakers: Gym time with @eddavis32

More Updates as they happen.  Enjoy!   I'll be posting the pre-training camp news as well such as you see above you.  Have fun :)

Edited by Majesty, December 28, 2014 - 04:20 AM.

• GenkiSushi, JGuez, lakersp4p and 2 others like this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#2 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,940 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted August 08, 2014 - 09:26 AM

Nice stuff maj

• Majesty and MaceWindu like this

"Busto Ball" - troll

#3 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted August 08, 2014 - 10:05 AM

Nice stuff maj

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#4 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 24,241 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar

Posted August 08, 2014 - 10:34 AM

GREAT! never to early to start a Training Camp thread  

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#5 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,457 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 08, 2014 - 11:55 AM

I remeber stuff from the 90's

How Kobe would make 1000 jump shots a day flyer practice.
Not TAKE 1000 jumpers. Make a 1000
  • dakidblu likes this

#6 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted August 08, 2014 - 02:31 PM

Good for young. This could be his breakout year lol.

#7 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted August 08, 2014 - 02:48 PM

Good for young. This could be his breakout year lol.

Well he's in his prime right now and seems to have found his niche, so if we see an extension of what he did last year it's a very good thing.  Would spare Kobe some minutes too. 

#8 MARATHON

MARATHON

Rookie

• 257 posts

Posted August 08, 2014 - 02:55 PM

Why Nick Young practicing offense? They need to be doing defensive drills. Get to it B.Scott.

#9 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted August 08, 2014 - 03:25 PM

Why Nick Young practicing offense? They need to be doing defensive drills. Get to it B.Scott.

He may want to shoot higher than 43% ;) 

#10 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted August 08, 2014 - 09:40 PM

Well he's in his prime right now and seems to have found his niche, so if we see an extension of what he did last year it's a very good thing.  Would spare Kobe some minutes too. 

Was being sarcastic ..I think him being a spot up shooter and taking defenders off the dribble will do wonders for the team rather than isos 24/7 .. Hope he can pick up his overall game a bit as well ..

• Majesty likes this

#11 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted August 08, 2014 - 10:38 PM

Was being sarcastic ..I think him being a spot up shooter and taking defenders off the dribble will do wonders for the team rather than isos 24/7 .. Hope he can pick up his overall game a bit as well ..

I think that's where he's best at. Part of the reason why I wish we'd kept Marshall. Him running our bench would have been perfect.  SAS depth proportion perfect lol and I'd feel much better with the addition of Beasley with that =p 

A bench lineup of 

Kendall Marshall

Nick Young

Michael Beasley
Julius Randle
Ed Davis

would have been AMAZING.  Pass first point guard surrounded by all those scorers and big time pick and roll finishers at the 4 and 5?  

drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

but alas.  Milwaukee had to [expletive] it all up  :laughing: 

So now we must depend on Nash to truly be healthy to get similar benefit(plus shooting if Nash is healthy....for a majority of the season, which is a longshot).

Edited by Majesty, August 08, 2014 - 10:39 PM.

#12 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 626 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted August 08, 2014 - 11:36 PM

I think that's where he's best at. Part of the reason why I wish we'd kept Marshall. Him running our bench would have been perfect.  SAS depth proportion perfect lol and I'd feel much better with the addition of Beasley with that =p 

A bench lineup of 

Kendall Marshall

Nick Young

Michael Beasley
Julius Randle
Ed Davis

would have been AMAZING.  Pass first point guard surrounded by all those scorers and big time pick and roll finishers at the 4 and 5?  

So now we must depend on Nash to truly be healthy to get similar benefit(plus shooting if Nash is healthy....for a majority of the season, which is a longshot).

I think Lin will see a lot of court time with Swaggy. If nothing else, it will be entertaining as hell! 

Edited by muncher, August 09, 2014 - 01:47 AM.

#13 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,940 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted August 09, 2014 - 10:06 AM

Man i just want to watch some lakers basketball  :sorry:

• DeeZee, androsays, M.X.M. and 1 other like this

"Busto Ball" - troll

#14 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,025 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted August 09, 2014 - 01:57 PM

Well as healthy as i hope Nash is this coming season...if he's not maybe the lakers are FORCED to bring Jordan along sooner than later and it makes a big difference for JC in his 2nd year...when we have to go through yet another roster overhaul (4-5 players)

Damn the lakers like guys named Jordan lately

Edited by kball, August 09, 2014 - 01:57 PM.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#15 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 09:23 PM

A bench lineup of 

Kendall Marshall

Nick Young

Michael Beasley
Julius Randle
Ed Davis

Yeah Kendall could've found others in their spots .. Nash is done in my mind. i don't think he can hold up more than 30 games but Lin/Nash/Kobe at the pg is an ok rotation .. Henry played the 1 for sometime and wasn't bad .. I wish we kept Bazemore. Can play Defend multiple positions and a hustler. What can you ask more !!

#16 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 09:24 PM

Well as healthy as i hope Nash is this coming season...if he's not maybe the lakers are FORCED to bring Jordan along sooner than later and it makes a big difference for JC in his 2nd year...when we have to go through yet another roster overhaul (4-5 players)

Damn the lakers like guys named Jordan lately

Hopefully that extends to next free agency lol ,Deandre. 

#17 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted September 03, 2014 - 12:09 PM

.@JClark5on and @eddavis32 finish up their morning workout. pic.twitter.com/7fKvJnH2fz

BwjTHATCEAA0aR0.jpg

Nice to see them getting in the work. Coach Byron Scott is recommending to the entire roster to show up at camp already in season shape.

#18 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• LN Staff
  • 11,156 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted September 03, 2014 - 12:44 PM

Los Angeles Lakers ‏@Lakers 2m

.@Bobby_Sacre & @J30_RANDLE working together during today's run.

BwoskQbCYAA0p_i.jpg

https://twitter.com/...266909889245185
  • Majesty likes this

#19 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,025 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted September 03, 2014 - 02:02 PM

Calling it!

Sacre breakout year at 3 pts, 3 rebs!!!

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#20 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,138 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 03, 2014 - 02:28 PM

Why? Sometimes its better to focus on improving your strengths than marginally improving weaknesses

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users