#61 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,161 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 17, 2014 - 01:01 PM

I know it's staged, but I'm glad he was the better human in not retaliating. It's pretty sickening. But that stuff does happen in real life

Exactly. I believe that a man should never put his hands on a woman in a fit of rage or a way to abuse or control her. However, there are ladies that have no problem swinging at a man or picking up a foreign object to hit them with. Sure a woman and a man fighting doesn't seem like a fair fight, but when a female picks up a bottle she is just as dangerous as any male. It is in these instances where that whole belief  a man can't hit a women goes away. I still believe that a man should try to restrain a woman in the case of any physical altercation rather than just swinging on her, but in the case that isn't possible giving her a straight jab to the face shouldn't be frowned upon simply because of her sex.

He's a kid that's allowing himself to be hit by a girl his size and doing nothing about it. You don't have to knock out a girl to protect yourself, grab her or leave the area. I've been in altercations with females all the time and I don't have to hit them to stop them from hitting me

Tough guy here always fighing with the ladies ehhh ahaha I kid.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, August 17, 2014 - 01:02 PM.

• Jackson likes this

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#62 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted August 17, 2014 - 01:13 PM

Haha sometimes females can get riled up easily when under the influence but like you said if you are physically capable there should be no reason for you not to restrain a girl trying to hurt you. You can't tell me that kid in the video had no other option but to just stand there and say ow

#63 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 17, 2014 - 01:16 PM

You understand in that situation of the video what the woman did was basically try to rape that boy after he said no.   

Abuse happens on both ends.  Saying the guy did good by restraining himself on a woman trying to take physical advantage of and beat on him after he said he didn't want it is fine. 

It's really not.  Her abusing and taking advantage of him is the problem there. But what is primarily focused on is "Well at least he didn't hit her." 

But because that's the first place the mind goes..that or making fun of the boy which I'm also seeing in that comments section is where the true problem is. 

• Ventiquattro and PhillyLaker24 like this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#64 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,161 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 17, 2014 - 01:23 PM

You understand in that situation of the video what the woman did was basically try to rape that boy after he said no.   

Abuse happens on both ends.  Saying the guy did good by restraining himself on a woman trying to take physical advantage of and beat on him after he said he didn't want it is fine. 

It's really not.  Her abusing and taking advantage of him is the problem there. But what is primarily focused on is "Well at least he didn't hit her." 

But because that's the first place the mind goes..that or making fun of the boy which I'm also seeing in that comments section is where the true problem is. 

You sir are thinking much deeper about the problems of the way society thinks rather than just the action that people see. Keep preaching knowledge but understand most won't look at things from that perspective or view since many peoples beliefs are rooted so deep into their thoughts they don't even think to look from that angle.

• Majesty likes this

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#65 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts

Posted August 17, 2014 - 02:04 PM

Abuse happens on both ends. Saying the guy did good by restraining himself on a woman trying to take physical advantage of and beat on him after he said he didn't want it is fine.

It's really not. Her abusing and taking advantage of him is the problem there. But what is primarily focused on is "Well at least he didn't hit her."

In no way am I saying the girl is right but if the guy is physically capable of defending himself and restraining the female then he shouldn't continue getting abused. I get your point of trying to look at the other side and I agree but I can't feel sorry for someone who willingly allows something he can easily resist.

#66 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted August 17, 2014 - 02:19 PM

Not all guys are made that way to aggressively attack someone.  Just as women are not made that way which is why men are abused as well.  You can't expect them all to have the mentality about themselves to knock out the person doing what they are doing to them. 

Putting boys in a box like that is another problem and why when people in public walk by and see a woman abusing a man they figure "hey, he's a guy, if he hasn't laid her out that's his problem."  or "he probably deserves whatever she's doing that to him for." 

Cause men are put in that kind of box is as much a disadvantage.   The mentality, personality, or nature of the boy isn't put in question, just that he's a boy and she's a girl and if she beats him up it's his fault cause he can 'easily' stop her.  And if it happens to him it's because he 'willingly' allowed it...  Why? Cause he's a boy and she's a girl. 

See the problem there? 

It's never that simple, it never was and never will be.  But society paints that picture of a different reality and that is what needs to be discussed. 

Edited by Majesty, August 17, 2014 - 02:24 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#67 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,159 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 18, 2014 - 09:57 AM

Nah, he's just a chump.  Im not even going to act like men and women are the same and should be under the same standard for certain behaviors.  She's clearly out of line but if he's that weak minded to get manhandled by a woman in a sexual situation there is no telling how he would react to any other form of conflict.  The male by nature in the human species is the initiator of the natural sexual act aka sex starts/stop with the ****.  If you don't want to comply she can't make you.  This isn't necessary the same the other way around.  Now if he's drugged up or held at gun point that's a totally different situation.  You can't sell me on the fact that he just didnt want to beat up on a chick that he complied instead.  You also a can't sell me on this "new age" thinking that men and women shouldn't react to situations differently especially from a physical standpoint. 

Watch this video and then read the comments section. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#68 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted August 18, 2014 - 10:18 AM

Yep, making it the boys fault he got beat down and abused and nearly raped.  

This is the problem.  It apparently means he's weak minded, weak, frail, and deserved what he got.    

This is the problem.  

The mentality needs to change.  

Edited by Majesty, August 18, 2014 - 10:18 AM.

#69 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 3,302 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted August 20, 2014 - 08:00 PM

I live by the golden rule of never do anything you wouldn't like happen on yourself. Respect and you will be respected.
If a woman/man is abusing you it's your life given right to defend yourself
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#70 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 1,058 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted August 21, 2014 - 04:51 PM

Looks like ESPN Countdown will be much louder next season.

#71 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted August 21, 2014 - 05:24 PM

There are lines that would need to be crossed for me to swing on a woman and it would be extreme extreme situations.

One i think of.. if a woman were to severe abuse my child sexually or physically. Ass Beating.

If one hurts my mother. Slapped to hell

• kobedoinwork likes this

ap1.png

#72 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,760 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted August 22, 2014 - 09:29 AM

#2 laker hater replacing the #1 laker hater.  Figures.

#73 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted August 22, 2014 - 10:04 AM

#2 laker hater replacing the #1 laker hater.  Figures.

SAS loves him som kobe and i don't view him as a laker hater at all

ap1.png

#74 Colin128

Colin128

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Byron Scott

Posted August 29, 2014 - 02:20 PM

Screaming A Smith was fired by ESPN once before already, several years ago.  Wouldn't be surprised if he gets canned again in the future.  He is a caricature and has bad opinions.  His only value is he is such a superstar arse-kisser than he occasionally talks as their direct media mouth piece.

#75 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 20,344 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 24, 2014 - 06:47 PM

Bill Simmons -- SUSPENDED By ESPN ... After Daring Company To Suspend Him http://dlvr.it/70sWYx 

proxy.jpg?t=HBhIaHR0cDovL2xsLW1lZGlhLnRt

ESPN has suspended Bill Simmons for 3 weeks after his profanity-laced rant on Roger Goodell http://ble.ac/1pdGtWT 

Grant Wahl ‏@GrantWahl  23m

3-week suspension for @BillSimmons is ludicrous. That's all.

Edited by Lakersfan1211, September 24, 2014 - 06:48 PM.

#76 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,159 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted September 24, 2014 - 06:56 PM

Suspending Simmons for that long is bull[expletive]...[expletive] all this NFL [expletive]

• Majesty and PuigNotLate like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#77 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts

Posted September 24, 2014 - 06:58 PM

Lol thats crazy, he literally dared them to say anything about it. Everyone and their mama is saying the same ish about Goodell yet they're tripping about Simmons. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out

#78 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,061 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 24, 2014 - 07:02 PM

Bill Simmons was heroic on that rant.

He was 100% right.

• Majesty and PuigNotLate like this

#79 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted September 24, 2014 - 11:27 PM

I'm sick of all the NFL lackeys in the media. Can't criticize their precious POS league, I'm sick of it. 

#80 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,574 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted September 25, 2014 - 01:53 AM

You call the commissioner a liar after he lies and get punished.

If that's the direction we're headed as a society, I'm out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bill simmons, espn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users