• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#41 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,761 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 16, 2014 - 03:46 PM

Despite Bill Simmons being an avid Celtics fan (and hence...Lakers hater), I actually enjoyed him on the show. And his articles are compelling to read. 

#42 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted August 16, 2014 - 05:19 PM

Despite Bill Simmons being an avid Celtics fan (and hence...Lakers hater), I actually enjoyed him on the show. And his articles are compelling to read.

I don't know he deff has a lot of basketball knowledge but he sounds so whiny when he's into it. His columns are great tho, I'm a big fan. I think he should stick to what got him here

#43 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Off The Bench

• 2,200 posts
  • Name:William
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 16, 2014 - 05:36 PM

A none sense guy being replaced by a big mouth guy.. Espn sucks ass

#44 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,839 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 16, 2014 - 06:25 PM

Everytime loud mouth speaks, all I can do is look at that hairline. Not much of s Steven A fan.

#45 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,520 posts

Posted August 16, 2014 - 06:58 PM

:rock:

Strengthening the pregame show!

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#46 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Off The Bench

• 2,200 posts

Posted August 16, 2014 - 10:23 PM

What does SAS know about basketball besides being loud when he talks about it? Does he even play ball at all?

#47 LakersAllDay77

LakersAllDay77

Rookie

• 1,096 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fisher

Posted August 17, 2014 - 07:11 AM

I might actually watch countdown now

#48 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,026 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted August 17, 2014 - 07:14 AM

Given a choice of watching and listening to SAS or shoving rusty nails up my ass id choose the latter. 

In a landslide.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

• 43,794 posts

Posted August 17, 2014 - 09:06 AM

Really lame if so. At least Simmons is never afraid to speak his mind agree with him or not. It should be Jalen the one that's replaced. Also switch Sage Steele with Cassidy Hubbarth.

yo.

#50 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 24,241 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar

Posted August 17, 2014 - 09:26 AM

Really lame if so. At least Simmons is never afraid to speak his mind agree with him or not. It should be Jalen the one that's replaced. Also switch Sage Steele with Cassidy Hubbarth.

YES, hottest anchor on ESPN by far.

•     likes this

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

• 43,794 posts

Posted August 17, 2014 - 09:27 AM

^ Yep. Rachel Nichols, Charissa Thompson, Reischea Canidate, & Dana Jacobson before that.

yo.

#52 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 24,241 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar

Posted August 17, 2014 - 09:33 AM

^ I wonder if she has cute feet, I like when girls feet are tan on the top for some reason.

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#53 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,159 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 17, 2014 - 10:47 AM

Not a fan of either really. Simmons hates so much on the Lakers and sluprs Lebron left and right (then again that is a needed trait to work on ESPN) Stephen A on the other hand is a big mouth and at times sounds stupid, but at least he isn't cut throat towards our franchise and tries to degrade one of the best to ever lace them up in Kobe.

Pick your poison really. Don't care much for NBA countdown anyway. TNT is where it is at with Charles and the big Aristotle lol

Edited by PhillyLaker24, August 17, 2014 - 10:48 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#54 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Off The Bench

• 2,200 posts

Posted August 17, 2014 - 11:25 AM

Just let cassidy hubbarth, rachel nichols and erin andrews do the nba countdown..

#55 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,128 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted August 17, 2014 - 11:27 AM

I don't think it's ever okay to hit a women. I also think as a male, that we males have come a long way in respecting women and treating them right when compared to previous generations. Remember, human nature and ancient ideology dictated the ways women were perceived for a long time. We have come a long way thankfully.

I understand where Stephen A Smith is coming from however. He should've worded his words better...

This is America and women rights are really protected here (thankfully). But it doesn't mean that women should be allowed to go beyond their boundaries and provoke men into certain actions. I know it's not common but it has happened here and will continue to happen. It would be unjust even if you're a woman to hurt the opposite sex in anyway and then cry if retaliation is used. We're all human here. Eventually someone may snap and do something to the point where a man does not see a woman anymore, he sees another human.

I don't mean to offend anyone and I know this is a really complicated topic.

Personally if a women ever tried to hit me or do something to me I would just file a restraining order. People should do that too instead of hitting.

Edited by Jackson, August 17, 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#56 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 17, 2014 - 12:27 PM

I don't think it's ever okay to hit a women. I also think as a male, that we males have come a long way in respecting women and treating them right when compared to previous generations. Remember, human nature and ancient ideology dictated the ways women were perceived for a long time. We have come a long way thankfully.

I understand where Stephen A Smith is coming from however. He should've worded his words better...

This is America and women rights are really protected here (thankfully). But it doesn't mean that women should be allowed to go beyond their boundaries and provoke men into certain actions. I know it's not common but it has happened here and will continue to happen. It would be unjust even if you're a woman to hurt the opposite sex in anyway and then cry if retaliation is used. We're all human here. Eventually someone may snap and do something to the point where a man does not see a woman anymore, he sees another human.

I don't mean to offend anyone and I know this is a really complicated topic.

Personally if a women ever tried to hit me or do something to me I would just file a restricting order. People should do that too instead of hitting.

Watch this video and then read the comments section. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#57 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts

Posted August 17, 2014 - 12:35 PM

Lmao that boy deserved every hit, that was hilarious!

#58 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,128 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted August 17, 2014 - 12:46 PM

Watch this video and then read the comments section. 

I know it's staged, but I'm glad he was the better human in not retaliating. It's pretty sickening. But that stuff does happen in real life

Edited by Jackson, August 17, 2014 - 12:46 PM.

#59 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 17, 2014 - 12:54 PM

Lmao that boy deserved every hit, that was hilarious!

^ and this is the problem. 

• Jackson likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#60 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts

Posted August 17, 2014 - 12:59 PM

He's a kid that's allowing himself to be hit by a girl his size and doing nothing about it. You don't have to knock out a girl to protect yourself, grab her or leave the area. I've been in altercations with females before and I don't have to hit them to stop them from hitting me

Edited by stillshining, August 17, 2014 - 01:03 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bill simmons, espn

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users