114 replies to this topic

#21 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 27, 2014 - 12:10 AM

Roger Goodell is the biggest hypocrite in sports and is the number one reason the NFL has declined as a game significantly in the past 8 years. IDGAF about it's ratings, the on field product is watered down and poor and his personal conduct policy is full of holes. 

blame the owners.. those are his boss

ap1.png

#22 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 29, 2014 - 02:36 PM

ESPN suspended Stephen A for a week...even AFTER he issued this apology

Lots of people have an issue with ESPN having him do this as they felt he had a valid 'point' just the wrong way of putting it or getting the message across and what ESPN should have done was use it as an opportunity to acknowledge abuse on both sides of the coin to make a BETTER point of what SAS was initially trying to say.

But they did not. 

But even after the fan backlash they suspended SAS for a week after he made an apology.  This just fanned the flames.  

Nothing good coming of this situation at all. 

Edited by Majesty, July 29, 2014 - 02:37 PM.

• Icker likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#23 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Off The Bench

• 2,200 posts
  • Name:William
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 29, 2014 - 09:59 PM

This issue kind of reminded me of slange & jay z. When a women attacks a man with a closed fist or any object and the man tries to defend himself. It could easily turn into a bigger mess as soon as the police gets involve.

I dont like SAS but i think what he's saying was, that he thinks that we also have to consider who started the whole thing before we jump into conclusion. Atleast thats my take.

#24 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,043 posts

Posted July 29, 2014 - 10:12 PM

This is a joke

#25 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted July 29, 2014 - 10:12 PM

We live in a sexist world.. woman rule that world 

• Icker and flota like this

ap1.png

#26 artemis

artemis

Bruin

• 1,669 posts
  • Name:Artemis
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Pau, Horry

Posted July 29, 2014 - 11:10 PM

^ lol 

And Majesty, I agree with you.

• Majesty likes this

“It is by chance that we met, by choice that we became friends.”

Posted Image

rest in paradise bestie matt
8.13.1992 - 9.27.2010

#27 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted July 30, 2014 - 12:12 AM

^ lol 

And Majesty, I agree with you.

The Vag is a powerful thang

ap1.png

#28 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,030 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted July 30, 2014 - 06:29 AM

The world would be a better place if we all became vagetarians

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#29 Naismith

Naismith

Rookie

• 619 posts
  • Fan Since:1971
  • Fav. Laker:Cap

Posted July 30, 2014 - 08:30 AM

This guy is ridiculously stupid, and it is amazing that he still has a job. Said it for years and this guy routinely proves he's about as smart as a house plant. I get it that his gig is to stir the pot and invoke controversy for ratings, but he's clearly a misogynist no matter how many half assed apologies he puts out.

I don't know what the hell has infected the current culture, but men don't hit women period. You take it you walk it off or your restrain her from whacking you, but under no circumstances should a man punch a woman. To even entertain the notion disgusts me, and STEVEN as I have said for many years... I know what the A stands for.

#30 artemis

artemis

Bruin

• 1,669 posts
  • Name:Artemis
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Pau, Horry

Posted July 30, 2014 - 09:57 AM

Stephen A. used to be my favorite analyst. But yes, he has said some bonehead things.

As Naismith said, under no circumstances should a man hit a woman. But that also goes the other way around. Under no circumstances should a woman hit a man, even though she might be "weaker" in strength. 

For those who believe what he said wasn't a big deal, no matter what he actually meant and didn't word correctly, then we all need to talk about the ongoing oppression of women. 

What he said is exactly what rapist-defenders say: "Well you should not dress in a way that provokes someone to rape you." Really?

Everybody should be able to dress however they please without having the fear that they will attract unnecessary idiots. 

• Majesty likes this

“It is by chance that we met, by choice that we became friends.”

Posted Image

rest in paradise bestie matt
8.13.1992 - 9.27.2010

#31 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 30, 2014 - 10:09 AM

Stephen A. used to be my favorite analyst. But yes, he has said some bonehead things.

As Naismith said, under no circumstances should a man hit a woman. But that also goes the other way around. Under no circumstances should a woman hit a man, even though she might be "weaker" in strength. 

For those who believe what he said wasn't a big deal, no matter what he actually meant and didn't word correctly, then we all need to talk about the ongoing oppression of women. 

What he said is exactly what rapist-defenders say: "Well you should not dress in a way that provokes someone to rape you." Really?

Everybody should be able to dress however they please without having the fear that they will attract unnecessary idiots. 

You're awesome ^_^ 

• artemis likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#32 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 3,302 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted July 30, 2014 - 12:06 PM

The world would be a better place if we all became vagetarians

Lol
I hope this was sarcasm
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#33 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,457 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted July 30, 2014 - 06:08 PM

Regardless of gender, if someone hits someone else, the person being attacked, IMO, should be allowed to defend themselves.

But wouldn't it be easier if everyone were to just keep their hands to themselves?
  • Icker and LakersAllDay77 like this

#34 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted July 30, 2014 - 07:33 PM

There's a difference between dressing provocatively & physically provoking an altercation.

Just because most men have stronger upper strength than a woman does not mean a woman cannot inflict damage on a man.  Abuse goes both ways and i full support defending one self when the situation calls for it and also walking away calls for it. If you are gonna let yourself live with the possibility of possibly incurring permanent damage because its a woman doing it to you then frankly you're an idiot. 

Ray rice as far as we know was not faced with a life or death matter.. he could have handled that way better

Edited by RobBlake, July 30, 2014 - 07:38 PM.

• flota likes this

ap1.png

#35 Naismith

Naismith

Rookie

• 619 posts
  • Fan Since:1971
  • Fav. Laker:Cap

Posted July 30, 2014 - 08:24 PM

Regardless of gender, if someone hits someone else, the person being attacked, IMO, should be allowed to defend themselves.

But wouldn't it be easier if everyone were to just keep their hands to themselves?

From my experience it is typical for people to posture before actually becoming violent. When situations become volatile it is a good practice to walk away immediately from  the person who is agitated. More often than not it is verbal  escalation that is responsible for people becoming so angry that they engage  physically.

As you said everyone has the right to defend themselves, but there is also a responsibility  to use only appropriate force to prevent unnecessarily harming a person.

I've been married many years and my wife can be a hot head, and has actually been fighting mad at times but there has never been an occasion is our 30 plus years that I ever laid a hand on her, and there never will be. I reject the idiotic logic of Steven A Smith. AFAIAC he should put a P in front of that A so we can call him by his full name. Steven Punk Ass Smith.

• 43,794 posts

Posted July 30, 2014 - 08:27 PM

Meanwhile Chris "multiple sources" Broussard shockingly got nothing for speaking out against homosexuals. He must REALLY be in good standing with ESPN.

• Majesty likes this

yo.

#37 Clark Wayne

Clark Wayne

Baller

• 1,904 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 30, 2014 - 10:15 PM

I didn't see where he said it was acceptable to hit a woman. He has always said that a man should never hit a woman under any circumstances. No one should provoke someone into hitting them. If a 18 year old kid with the figure of a twig walks up to Floyd Mayweather, calls him a [expletive] and screams at him constantly and slaps him, if Floyd retaliates, no one bats a eye. What that kid just did is verbal abuse. Now if Ronda Roussey walks up to Peter Dinklage and does the same and Peter tries to defend himself, guess whose going to jail? It won't be Ronda. People that start these arguments will take the position that women are inferior to men. Such a thought is ignorance at its finest. Some women may be physically weaker than a man, that doesn't make them inferior however. People won't help a man being abuse verbally or even physically but if a man does it, here come the hand cuffs. Abuse is abuse, period. 

• Icker, Majesty and flota like this

#38 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted July 31, 2014 - 04:54 PM

Meanwhile Chris "multiple sources" Broussard shockingly got nothing for speaking out against homosexuals. He must REALLY be in good standing with ESPN.

How is it wrong to disagree with homosexual acts?

I'm fact why is it wrong to have a lnt opinion people disagree with? Neither advocated for violence or any of the sort it just was lnt a popular opinion so they got punished for it.

ap1.png

#39 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 20,344 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 16, 2014 - 02:45 PM

BSO: Stephen A. Smith May Replace Bill Simmons on NBA Countdown http://bit.ly/1o0CGea 

New York Daily News reports Stephen A. Smith may replace Bill Simmons on ESPN "NBA Countdown."

Edited by Lakersfan1211, August 16, 2014 - 02:46 PM.

#40 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 24,241 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar

Posted August 16, 2014 - 03:44 PM

Thank God, no more Bill Simmons

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bill simmons, espn

0 user(s) are reading this topic