#842 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Off The Bench

• 2,200 posts
  • Name:William
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 06, 2015 - 06:05 PM

Oh god forbid Clarkson doesn't stack up against players that have all been in the league longer than he has. There's no way he can get better than he is right now, even though he has shown great improvement the last two seasons. Let's just waive him now and cut our losses.

Nobody said or thought that he could be this good too before he even stepped on the court last year too right? We can't say he can't be better than what he already is now. Kobe wasn't as good in his 1st year in the league compare to his 3rd year either. Not saying he could be as good as Kobe was but all I'm saying is "we don't know and we can't foresee the future."

#843 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,761 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 06, 2015 - 06:06 PM

Dude has heart. Played poorly tonight. He'll play better next game. 

• FranklinPeanuts and Majesty like this

#844 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 3,302 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted December 06, 2015 - 06:12 PM

This loss had effect in him, probably felt awful for being off
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#845 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,659 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 06, 2015 - 06:14 PM

Damn Clarkson looks really down.
http://www.gfycat.com/JadedEagerBovine

Guy deserves more than this.
  • Majesty, K-Kris, Wilt Chamberneezy and 1 other like this

#846 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Starter

• 5,137 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted December 06, 2015 - 06:48 PM

Only thing Clarkson does well is score efficiently, he is weak in just about every other aspect of the game. So if you are saying he is better than any other player, than your argument is that his scoring outweighs everything that the player in comparison brings to the table.

Oh is that all? He's also an above average passer. You'd think you wouldn't have to go ahead and explain why his assist numbers are down to Lakers fans who have been watching this [expletive] show of a team, but here we are.

His midrange is solid, and he's proven to be a real 3-point threat. He can take his man off the dribble and finish in traffic. He has a pretty impressive offensive game given his tenure and age. I like how you try and dismiss it as 'scoring efficiently'. He's also shown the most hustle and promise on defense from anyone we have out on the perimeter, but because he's still bad in that area, I'll leave that be. 

Edited by Lakerace24, December 06, 2015 - 06:50 PM.

• JGuez likes this

#847 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Starter

• 5,137 posts

Posted December 06, 2015 - 06:51 PM

Nobody said or thought that he could be this good too before he even stepped on the court last year too right? We can't say he can't be better than what he already is now. Kobe wasn't as good in his 1st year in the league compare to his 3rd year either. Not saying he could be as good as Kobe was but all I'm saying is "we don't know and we can't foresee the future."

My post was sarcasm man, think there is some confusion here. 

#848 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Starter

• 5,137 posts

Posted December 06, 2015 - 06:54 PM

nobody has said anything close to this

Obviously it was a hyperbole. 

What exactly are you arguing here? Beyond Ranking Clarkson among the other SGs; are you with Danish in saying it would be a mistake to match any offer that comes JC's way?

#849 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 942 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted December 06, 2015 - 07:24 PM

Jordan Clarkson criticized himself for playing "selfish."

Jordan Clarkson: "Nobody is moving the ball. We were all taking tough shots."

Jordan Clarkson taking accountability: "For myself, I was playing selfish I feel like, taking shots I don't usually take.

Jordan Clarkson is not happy with his game. "I missed shots today because I was playing selfish...taking shots that I don't usually take."

• JGuez, Majesty and K-Kris like this

#850 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 942 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted December 06, 2015 - 07:26 PM

Just got to move on until the next game Clarkson

• K-Kris likes this

#851 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,835 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 06, 2015 - 08:56 PM

The only person that I think I've heard this season to say it was my fault and not the team's fault .
  • JGuez, K-Kris, Ventiquattro and 1 other like this

#852 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,527 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted December 06, 2015 - 10:08 PM

The only person that I think I've heard this season to say it was my fault and not the team's fault .

I think it's not his fault though. It's everyone's.
  • FranklinPeanuts likes this

#853 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,091 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted December 06, 2015 - 10:20 PM

Oh is that all? He's also an above average passer. You'd think you wouldn't have to go ahead and explain why his assist numbers are down to Lakers fans who have been watching this [expletive] show of a team, but here we are.

His midrange is solid, and he's proven to be a real 3-point threat. He can take his man off the dribble and finish in traffic. He has a pretty impressive offensive game given his tenure and age. I like how you try and dismiss it as 'scoring efficiently'. He's also shown the most hustle and promise on defense from anyone we have out on the perimeter, but because he's still bad in that area, I'll leave that be. 

If you are going to reply to me, can you at least read all of my post first? 

He scores efficiently and is a versatile scorer. I didnt break his entire game down the same way I didnt break down anyone elses entire game on that list but I stated that he is a versatile scorer that can score in many ways. I didnt try to dismiss anything, you just didnt read.

Any player that doesnt have the ball in his hands as much will have lower assists numbers...which I ALSO stated in one of my post that im assuming you didnt read. Im not sure why you felt the need to explain something that I already stated.

#854 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,091 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted December 06, 2015 - 10:22 PM

Obviously it was a hyperbole. 

What exactly are you arguing here? Beyond Ranking Clarkson among the other SGs; are you with Danish in saying it would be a mistake to match any offer that comes JC's way?

My first post on this said that I agree with the list but id have no problem giving Clarkson a max

#855 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Starter

• 5,137 posts

Posted December 06, 2015 - 10:53 PM

If you are going to reply to me, can you at least read all of my post first? 

He scores efficiently and is a versatile scorer. I didnt break his entire game down the same way I didnt break down anyone elses entire game on that list but I stated that he is a versatile scorer that can score in many ways. I didnt try to dismiss anything, you just didnt read.

Any player that doesnt have the ball in his hands as much will have lower assists numbers...which I ALSO stated in one of my post that im assuming you didnt read. Im not sure why you felt the need to explain something that I already stated.

Dude, I read your entire post. But when you say something like "Only thing Clarkson does well is score efficiently, he is weak in just about every other aspect of the game"

then it makes me ask, just how many other aspects are you referring to? Because what you just described is a souped up version of Nick Young.

Is Clarkson really a weak rebounder from what we've seen? Is he really a weak passer from what we've seen? Is he really weak at running the point and getting the offense going from what we've seen? 

Also, scoring efficiently does not equal a versatile scorer. It's not my fault your post is a little inconsistent. That's what I had issue with. 

• JGuez likes this

#856 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,835 posts

Posted December 06, 2015 - 11:06 PM

I think it's not his fault though. It's everyone's.

I agree sir. I just never heard anybody including the coach ever taking the blame.

#857 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• Site Admin
  • 15,336 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted December 07, 2015 - 12:14 AM

I agree sir. I just never heard anybody including the coach ever taking the blame.

Kobe has said he's playing like garbage, lol.

Then again, he has stated plenty of times that the team is playing awful, but someone has to do it, since Byron Scott can't hammer the point home appropriately.

• Majesty likes this

• 43,794 posts

Posted December 15, 2015 - 11:36 PM

A bit rusty, but was somewhat to be expected. Good to see him back again though and Russell still stay aggressive and engaged off the bench again.

yo.

#859 Ring Chaser

Ring Chaser

The Innovators

• 1,712 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Lonzo "ZO2" Ball

Posted December 28, 2015 - 07:48 PM

"If you're going to lose, you have to lose because you can't be in the middle of the pack. You either have to be great or you have to be bad to get a good pick" - Earvin Magic Johnson

#860 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,835 posts

Posted December 28, 2015 - 08:23 PM

Serena Winters interviewed him and he stated that he has to bad ankles. That dunk says something else though. Yikes!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users