#1 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,759 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted June 09, 2014 - 12:27 PM

Teaser

Multiplayer trailer

*and you can sign up for the beta NOW. (Link below)

http://www.battlefie...m/hardline/beta

• -Wade- likes this

EyMlHkX.jpg

#2 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,474 posts
  • Name:Wade
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted June 09, 2014 - 04:04 PM

*and you can sign up for the beta NOW. (Link below)

http://www.battlefie...m/hardline/beta

Aww yee. Many thanks.

s4efQbw.png

• DTIII™ likes this

LeGj1r3.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?
A: "My heart and soul." --Kobe Bryant

#3 DTIII™

DTIII™

• 5,759 posts

Posted June 10, 2014 - 09:30 AM

Some Beta footage:

Heist:

Blood Money:

EyMlHkX.jpg

#4 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts
  • Name:Jorge Negrete
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 10, 2014 - 04:08 PM

Got in the beta.

Received my code not too long ago in my inbox.

Registered after all spots were taken, got lucky I guess.

Feel like this could have been DLC for BF4, but still kinda excited to play the beta nonetheless.

Could not for the life of me figure out where to find the beta to download lol

On PS4, you go to PS store and redeem your code..

6 GB download.

Edited by ace™, June 10, 2014 - 05:01 PM.

#5 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts

Posted June 10, 2014 - 06:19 PM

Seems a bit arcade-y gameplay wise.

Visuals look solid.

A BF youtuber I watch said it best, this could have been DLC for BF4. It didn't even have to go with the current modern war theme either, DICE has shown in previous BF tittles DLC can be a bit different than the actual game.

I think it was Bad Company 2, a modern war game, they released a Vietnam war jungle themed DLC for it, which the community loved. Basic weapons, iron sights, no special gadgets, etc.

DICE could have done a cops and robbers themed DLC, community probably would have liked it.

Blood money is kinda fun, sort of a capture the flag type mode. Heist reminds me of Rush.

Just seems weird for me that this is a full on stand alone $60 game.
  • PhillyLaker24 likes this

#6 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Off The Bench

• 1,769 posts

Posted June 11, 2014 - 01:33 AM

Downloading the beta right now.

#7 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,007 posts

Posted June 12, 2014 - 08:00 AM

Downloaded the beta this morning but had to go to work.

Add me on PSN: JGuez

#8 Jaime Quintanilla

Jaime Quintanilla

Redesign. Rebuild. Reclaim.

• Site Admin
  • 4,361 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted June 14, 2014 - 11:56 PM

Who wants a beta code? I have an extra one for the PS4. 

#9 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,161 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 22, 2014 - 07:00 AM

Seems a bit arcade-y gameplay wise.

Visuals look solid.

A BF youtuber I watch said it best, this could have been DLC for BF4. It didn't even have to go with the current modern war theme either, DICE has shown in previous BF tittles DLC can be a bit different than the actual game.

I think it was Bad Company 2, a modern war game, they released a Vietnam war jungle themed DLC for it, which the community loved. Basic weapons, iron sights, no special gadgets, etc.

DICE could have done a cops and robbers themed DLC, community probably would have liked it.

Blood money is kinda fun, sort of a capture the flag type mode. Heist reminds me of Rush.

Just seems weird for me that this is a full on stand alone $60 game.

You know what is funny? When I first heard about it I thought it was DLC. When I watched gameplay I was like that seems like a cool DLC to add to the game. However, when I found out that it was a stand alone game I was very shocked. The game looks very much like BF4 and doesn't seem like too much is new. Guess Battlefield is going down the COD road now. Create a [expletive] ton of spin offs that looks exactly the same and hope the fan boys support it. If this is the case it is a very sad day because innovation in the BF series will come to a screeching halt for the most part.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#10 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts

Posted June 22, 2014 - 08:48 AM

^ depending on how Hardline sells, we could see BF become a yearly game. With DICE developing the main tittles and Visceral developing the "spinoffs".

I won't be getting Hardline. It's pretty much BF4 DLC with some gimmicky gadgets and a few new game modes, weapons seemed to have been "dumbed down" to make em easier to use too. Haven't even played the beta since it came out lol.

hopefully jt doesn't detract too much from the future core BF tittles, BF5 or Bad Company 3 absolutely cannot have terrible launches like BF4 did.

#11 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts

Posted June 22, 2014 - 08:50 AM

Oh yeah, forgot to add that if Hardline flops critically and financially (what EA really cares about, lets face it) it'll be shelved just like Medal Of Honor was.

Probably wouldn't be a bad thing either, lol.

#12 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,161 posts

Posted June 22, 2014 - 09:42 AM

Oh yeah, forgot to add that if Hardline flops critically and financially (what EA really cares about, lets face it) it'll be shelved just like Medal Of Honor was.

Probably wouldn't be a bad thing either, lol.

Not bad at all, probably the best possible outcome actually lol.

I mean I would much rather have them devoted to one game and actually upgrade it when a new title comes out then them spitting out a bunch of copies year after year. I can see from a business side of things though why they want to do this. I mean almost every cod release a new record is broken talk about a cash cow. EA wants a piece of that action, but it might hurt the quality of one of their best franchises and I don't want that to happen.

• ace™ likes this

#13 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts

Posted June 22, 2014 - 12:19 PM

Not bad at all, probably the best possible outcome actually lol.

I mean I would much rather have them devoted to one game and actually upgrade it when a new title comes out then them spitting out a bunch of copies year after year. I can see from a business side of things though why they want to do this. I mean almost every cod release a new record is broken talk about a cash cow. EA wants a piece of that action, but it might hurt the quality of one of their best franchises and I don't want that to happen.

definitely.

i'd rather have both studios working on 1 game for 2 years. It makes sense.

2 years wasn't even enough time for DICE to develop BF4, they released it too soon. We played a [expletive]ing beta for like 6 months before they kinda fixed it, lol. Same thing can be said about BF3 too, although they fixed that way sooner than BF4.

Have DICE do all the heavy lifting with Visceral assisting the process, finished product should be way better than what we've seen in the last 2 BF games.

#14 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,211 posts
  • Fav. Laker:.

Posted June 22, 2014 - 05:58 PM

This is made by another company, not by DICE I think right? Can't really tell what the objective of the gameplay is... the person playing is so bad... From what I can tell, seems like Counter-strike type of objective multiplayer gameplay. Think I'll pass on this, BF4 left an extremely bad taste in my mouth & the fact that I only played BF4 for about three months does not help either.

tumblr_mnaoa3bkfX1qlxzroo1_250.gif

428469.png

#15 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts

Posted June 22, 2014 - 08:29 PM

Visceral is doing most of the work, including all of the campaign.

DICE will assist with the multiplayer aspect a bit.

The CS comparisons have been made since this was announced by EA.

It's essentially cops and robbers...with RPGs and Ziplines in the mix.

Looks like I'll stick with BF4 as my go to FPS for at least another year.
  • vong likes this

#16 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,007 posts

Posted June 23, 2014 - 05:52 AM

This is made by another company, not by DICE I think right? Can't really tell what the objective of the gameplay is... the person playing is so bad... From what I can tell, seems like Counter-strike type of objective multiplayer gameplay. Think I'll pass on this, BF4 left an extremely bad taste in my mouth & the fact that I only played BF4 for about three months does not help either.

tumblr_mnaoa3bkfX1qlxzroo1_250.gif

Yeah I know it's just a beta but Im really just not feeling this game. I love CS, but this just doesn't feel good to play. Seems like they just took the Battlefield name because that's what will help it sell units. Has nothing to do with the Battlefield franchise.

#17 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,989 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted June 30, 2014 - 11:35 PM

I want a beta code :/

"Busto Ball" - troll

#18 DTIII™

DTIII™

• 5,759 posts

Posted February 04, 2015 - 08:56 PM

Downloading beta now, let's see how it is

EyMlHkX.jpg

#19 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,161 posts

Posted February 06, 2015 - 07:59 AM

Played a few rounds and was relatively happy with the game. Not a huge change from BF4 but enough of a change where you would notice the difference. The thing I like the most is the new unlock system aka just give me cash and let me buy what I want. There aren't many weapon choices and I am hoping that is because it is a beta, if this is the full amount of guns for the game I am very disappointed. Always loved battlefield that they gave you a huge arsenal of weapons unlike COD who gives you like 5 per gun type and 3 of them are just useless. 

Is it just me or does the gun play not feel as crisp as other BF games? Maybe its just because I am a little rusty on the BF game since I havent played 4 in a while but I remember the gun play feeling much tighter, or maybe I was just off. 

#20 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted February 06, 2015 - 11:47 PM

I think the shooting and movement in general is a lot snappier and more responsive in Hardline. However, the guns in Hardline have more recoil, most of them anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users