Photo

49ers sign Colin Kaepernick to a 6 year extension worth over $100 million.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 20,344 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 04, 2014 - 12:23 PM

#49ers sign QB @Kaepernick7 to six-year contract extension. #Kap2020 | http://49rs.me/1ngaC9d 

BpT_LYcCUAAUcYT.jpg

#2 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,450 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted June 04, 2014 - 12:37 PM

Great signing. Lets go niner empire

ap1.png

#3 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,499 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted June 04, 2014 - 01:38 PM

well deserved

Posted Image

#4 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,044 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 01:59 PM

lol

• Busty Bluth likes this

#5 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,704 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 04, 2014 - 03:31 PM

steep

Pau Gasol is GONE

#6 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,450 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 04:54 PM

Since his start.. Kap has been the third highest rated QB after Rodgers and Manning

ap1.png

#7 citr92

citr92

Rookie

• 447 posts
  • Name:Cody
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted June 04, 2014 - 05:41 PM

have fun with that cap 

-rams fan

#8 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,450 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 06:00 PM

the cap is gonna be increased heavily starting next year from what i heard... lol

ap1.png

#9 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,704 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 06:01 PM

Since his start.. Kap has been the third highest rated QB after Rodgers and Manning

Last season

- 31st in completion %

- 20th in yards

- 17th in TDs

It's one of those "too soon" moves.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#10 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,450 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 06:40 PM

Last season

- 31st in completion %

- 20th in yards

- 17th in TDs

It's one of those "too soon" moves.

For a large part of the season Kap only had Boldin and Vernon Davis as weapons while Patton *skilled rookie injured* and Crabtree rehabbing... the rest of the WR are Moore, Baldwin, was jenkins (bust), kyle williams (traded) and some other insignificant WR. 

Kap is on the brink of becoming Elite with the likes of S. Johnson, Crabtree, Boldin, Davis, Lloyd, Patton, Gore, Lattimore, Hunter, Hyde....  the niners offense is never gonna be bronco's like offense due to the offensive philosophy. Barring injuries.. you're gonna see a show

i'm not a complete homer; Kap needs to stop locking on with his man Crabtree so much but he's still verry young.. oh and he is prob the top 3 running QB

It is a gamble on our FO, but if he blossoms like all signs indicates... his contract would be even higher, prob in flacco range tbh. 

Edited by RobBlake, June 04, 2014 - 06:42 PM.

ap1.png

#11 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,459 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted June 04, 2014 - 06:57 PM

But he had Vernon, Boldin and a solid o line with a good running game. Any Colt fan would love for Luck to of had that last year.

It's way too much and too soon. Their hands were kind of tied though considering he pretty much had to sit his rookie year
  • Icker likes this
21lsbya.jpg

#12 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,450 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 07:00 PM

But he had Vernon, Boldin and a solid o line with a good running game. Any Colt fan would love for Luck to of had that last year.

It's way too much and too soon. Their hands were kind of tied though considering he pretty much had to sit his rookie year

Vernon was often double teamed, Boldin was a 1k WR iirc, and the other WR would not get open.. trust me.. us niner fans were pissed off about lack of depth last year.  We'll see if he earns his contract

ap1.png

#13 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,459 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 11:01 PM

The most glaring thing to me is Alex Smith under this regime was 19-5-1 Kap is 17-6. I would have at least waited till the middle of the year to check for improvement on his pocket passing and making reads.

Best case scenario he becomes a more athletic Steve Young who learned to pass in the pocket and not rely only on athleticism.

Colts had a second year TY Hilton and 3 practice squad receivers when Reggie went down in the middle of the season.

Edited by Draztik, June 05, 2014 - 07:50 AM.

• Icker and LakersGAFan like this
21lsbya.jpg

#14 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,450 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 11:11 PM

The most glaring thing to me is Alex Smith under this regime was 19-5-1 Kap is 17-6. I would have at least waited till the middle of the year to check for improvement on his pocket passing and making reads.

Best case scenario he becomes a more athletic Steve Young who learned to pass in the pocket and not rely only on athleticism.

Colts had a second year To Hilton and 3 practice squad receivers when Reggie when down in the middle of the season.

don't even get met started on the alex fiasco... i miss that guy

ap1.png

#15 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,704 posts

Posted June 05, 2014 - 05:58 AM

at least waited till the middle of the year to check for improvement on his pocket passing and making reads.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#16 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,219 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted June 05, 2014 - 06:31 AM

Kap hasnt carried his team to anything. 49ers defense took them to the NFC chips. Not their offense.

Kap is an average QB and paying him that much was crazy. Hes not a QB thats gonna gain 5000 yards and throw 50 TDs.

If anything hes a less athletic version of Michael Vick and look how Vick turned out. Life time record of 58-48 and 38-29 in his prime.

And the only time Kap was put into a pressure situation where he was REQUIRED to pass was vs Seattle and the world saw him choke bad on 3 straight possessions.

Interception, Fumble, Interception.

The defense is aging and breaking and the team is in disarray. 

instead of breaking the KAP Space on a avg QB what SF should have been concerned with is the fact they lost 3 top coaches:

Peter Hansen, a 49ers senior defensive assistant
Tim Drevno, 49ers offensive line coach
Paul Wulff senior offensive assistant
And OC, Greg Roman is in the last year of his deal and is being pursued by all sorts of NCAA and NFL teams for a HC position.

Edited by LakersGAFan, June 05, 2014 - 06:33 AM.

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#17 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,459 posts

Posted June 05, 2014 - 07:55 AM

He's getting the most Guaranteed money in the NFL too, more than Aaron Rodgers, everyone. 

This means Luck, Cam & Wilson are going to get some huge contracts unless they actually turn down money to help their teams but as a young start QB.....

Edited by Draztik, June 05, 2014 - 07:55 AM.

21lsbya.jpg

#18 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,044 posts

Posted June 06, 2014 - 03:56 AM

Kap deal aint that bad, I read he has annual options. It's just a lot of money for a mediocre QB. I'll put some cash out that Blaine Gabbert would look just as good in that 49er offense. Kap is as overrated as they come and been saying that for a while.

#19 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,450 posts

Posted June 06, 2014 - 08:29 PM

Kap hasnt carried his team to anything. 49ers defense took them to the NFC chips. Not their offense.

Kap is an average QB and paying him that much was crazy. Hes not a QB thats gonna gain 5000 yards and throw 50 TDs.

If anything hes a less athletic version of Michael Vick and look how Vick turned out. Life time record of 58-48 and 38-29 in his prime.

And the only time Kap was put into a pressure situation where he was REQUIRED to pass was vs Seattle and the world saw him choke bad on 3 straight possessions.

Interception, Fumble, Interception.

The defense is aging and breaking and the team is in disarray. 

instead of breaking the KAP Space on a avg QB what SF should have been concerned with is the fact they lost 3 top coaches:

Peter Hansen, a 49ers senior defensive assistant
Tim Drevno, 49ers offensive line coach
Paul Wulff senior offensive assistant
And OC, Greg Roman is in the last year of his deal and is being pursued by all sorts of NCAA and NFL teams for a HC position.

tell me how they were in the ATL playoff game, how they came back vs the ravens, how they beat the packers, i'll give you seattle. Kaepernick is the real deal.

ap1.png

#20 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,704 posts

Posted June 07, 2014 - 07:47 AM

tell me how they were in the ATL playoff game, how they came back vs the ravens, how they beat the packers, i'll give you seattle. Kaepernick is the real deal.

He was average to below average in the entire playoffs last year.

Pau Gasol is GONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users