• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Off The Bench

• 1,769 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 03:24 AM

The_Forest-pc-games.png

As the lone survivor of a passenger jet crash, you find yourself in a mysterious forest battling to stay alive against a society of cannibalistic mutants.

Build, explore, survive in this terrifying first person survival horror simulator.

The Forest

Steam Link

Minecraft with cannibalistic mutants. Looks awesome. Still Early Access but for $20/15 is a great deal.

#2 Jaime Quintanilla

Jaime Quintanilla

Redesign. Rebuild. Reclaim.

• Site Admin
  • 4,361 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 31, 2014 - 10:39 PM

I've seen the game being played on Twitch and it's not worth the $15. Crappy graphics and very repetitive. Wait when it goes beta or something. 

#3 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Off The Bench

• 1,769 posts

Posted August 06, 2014 - 12:21 PM

I just couldn't wait so I bought it earlier today.

This game is.... N-E-A-T!!!

I got up after the plane crash, took a phone with a pedometer (how useful!), built a small but nice shelter, ate a few animals. Then I tried to sleep but the native inhabitants wanted to have fun, so they repeatedly hit me and then I suddenly woke up in a dark cave.

Killed by a gang of mutants.

Days Survived: 1 :smh:

The graphics are amazing and the forest is alive with lifelike flora and fauna.

Yes, there still are bugs: I saw people walking "in" the water once and sometimes the sea/ocean isn't fully rendered. But it's a greatly enjoyable survival game. I really think it's worth the money.

#4 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,457 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 08, 2014 - 01:52 PM

Any game in the minecraft genre will get a look from me

Single player...
Booooo!!!!
Booo!!!

But still looks like loads of fun
Ill buy it when I get the internet up

Edited by TKainZero, August 08, 2014 - 03:41 PM.

#5 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,457 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 06:06 PM

I've seen the game being played on Twitch and it's not worth the $15. Crappy graphics and very repetitive. Wait when it goes beta or something.

If thats considered crappy graphics, I don't even want to know what you think of minecraft

The graphics look amazing to me... But of corse, i have never been a graphics whore

To me, gameplay>graphics.
Like la noire. Amazing graphics, but it's the most boring game wee created
Minecraft, intentionally bad graphics, amazing gameplay...

I still regularly play games that are 10+ years old. Because they are superior in gameplay. For instance, rome total war 2 is a colossal piece of garbage gameplay wise. So i still play the 11 year old rome total war. Because the gameplay is top notch. Even the AI is better. Everything is better but the graphics.

The forest to me looks very good.
I will be buying. Unless my old pc can't run it

#6 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,457 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 11:17 PM

Ahh.
I have 4 gigs of ram. But only 3.46 are usable.

Sounds like a problem for wade!!!

#7 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,760 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted August 12, 2014 - 01:29 PM

I really don't like to buy "early access" games at all. I am patient enough to wait for the full version game. I think I am the only few people who own an PS4 and still haven't played Destiny yet because I didn't want to preorder Destiny.  I dont care about beta or alpha or early access.  To me, those are just money grabbers and scams. Its like going to a strip joint so you can get teased while they take your money.

#8 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,457 posts

Posted August 15, 2014 - 07:52 PM

I bought minecraft as early access

Best video game purchase i ever made

Edited by TKainZero, August 15, 2014 - 07:52 PM.

#9 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 26,345 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted August 17, 2014 - 10:42 PM

I bought minecraft as early access
Best video game purchase i ever made

To be fair though minecraft was early access technically for years and really wasnt ever a buggy game. Most early access games have so many bugs that they are pretty much unplayable. You really need to be a patient person for them. I think Forrest is fine to get as early access, though they released it in alpha way to soon. It was essentially unplayable. They had no saving feature. The enemy's were extremely OP and it would bug out like crazy. I was actually pretty amazed they released a game with no save feature.

I will say that early access has its benefits. Most of the time you get the game for half of what it will be when fully released. A great example would be mine craft. When I bought it, it was 12 bucks, now it's somewhere around 32. I mean hell you don't even have to play it. You can just get it.cheaper.Now and wait till all the bells and whistles are added. Also it helps the developers get needed funds to continue development.

#10 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,457 posts

Posted August 19, 2014 - 01:29 PM

minecraft had pleanty of bugs in the early days.. but nothing gamebreaking, as there really was no point to the game...

I like that minecraft continually updates the game.

Most games want to charge more $$$ for simple upgrades (like COD for maps) but minecraft just hands out new features like candy on halloween. 

once im sure i can play this game, im buying it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Steam, Early Access, Survival, Horror, Crafting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users