43 replies to this topic

#21 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,473 posts
  • Name:Wade
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted November 04, 2014 - 10:33 PM

I was actually quite surprised with the game. To me, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was the last good CoD, the rest were re-hashes with different weapons. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare actually offers some new aspects, and the graphics are really good. It feels and looks like a blend of Crysis + Killzone + Battlefield. The campaign is quite fun, I have not tried playing online yet.

• Kobe-Wan Kenobi likes this

LeGj1r3.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?
A: "My heart and soul." --Kobe Bryant

#22 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,159 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 05, 2014 - 08:24 AM

Online is a new game if you know how to use the exo to run and gun. When I first started playing this game the other day I was using an AR and they seemed like by far the best weapon. However, that was before I was gliding around the map and dodging fools when I realized the AR's are nothing compared to the submachine guns if you play this type of style. I have also found this style is just better to play overall. You get to see way more action and it brings cod back to the same old reflex twitch game.

I don't want to pipe it up but this has the ability to be one of the funnest multiplayer shooting experiences I have had since the Gears of war franchise. That is for the simple fact the exo suit adds a dimension to the gun fights in cod that have not been here. The ability to move in quick burst and traverse the map reminds me so much of the gears mechanic of wall bouncing. It speeds up the gameplay while adding another dimension that when masters allows you to dispatch those that don't use it with ease. I loved gears for the fact it was a skilled game based on the play speed and of course wall bouncing was very tough to master. I could see the same thing happening here with the exo suit. I am just wondering if the rest of the online community will take the time to really learn the exo suit and use it to its fully potential. Wall bouncing was indeed prevalent in gears heyday but not many could do it well. Could see that happening with the exo suit.

It is certainly worth a try to you guys out there on the fence. Exo suit changes it up and makes it fun. Not to mention there are no real OP weapons or perks everything seems to be pretty even online which in a cod game is very rarely the case.  Only gripe I have had so far is the spawn spots still are bad at times putting you right next to two enemies or spawn you right in front of an enemy and you just get shot in the back.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, November 05, 2014 - 08:25 AM.

• Kobe-Wan Kenobi and -Wade- like this

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#23 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,007 posts

Posted November 05, 2014 - 12:51 PM

#24 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,457 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 05, 2014 - 05:27 PM

Redboxed it
I'll give impressions later tonight

#25 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 5,808 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 05, 2014 - 07:07 PM

Does Redbox offer games for next gen? Wanna try it before I buy

2div

#26 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,457 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted November 05, 2014 - 08:57 PM

Does Redbox offer games for next gen? Wanna try it before I buy

I don't think so.
But go to redbox.con and look

Anyways
This game is terrible
Everyone is just jumping and flying around. Really lame

Maps are aborhable
Just to make sure it was as terrible as it seemed, i put cod4 in. And. Yup. Cod4 is loads of fun. This game isn't

I'm done with COD until they return to wwii

#27 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts
  • Name:Jorge Negrete
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 05, 2014 - 11:19 PM

Last one I really liked was Black Ops. Played the [expletive] out of that online, especially with friends. I was horrible(like 0.75 K/D) but it was extremely fun nonetheless. Zombies was fun too.

got MW3, fun campaign, hated the MP. Didn't get BO2 or Ghosts. MW 1&2 had awesome campaigns, but didn't play em much online.

After BF3 on PS3 I haven't looked back at COD though. Gameplay just isn't for me. Not like the Battlefield franchise is perfect, but it's more suited for me, from gunplay and gameplay, to the community.

Just watching gameplay of AW irritated me, lol. Hard to explain, but I hate that COD "feel" to the games. It's fast paced but still looks sluggish to me. None of that made sense but it is what it is. Tbe sci-fi aspect of it doesn't help either.

I'd wanna play the campaign tho. I'm too intrigued by the private corporate military premise and Kevin Spacey being in it.

Edited by ace™, November 05, 2014 - 11:21 PM.

#28 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,159 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 06, 2014 - 07:23 AM

Last one I really liked was Black Ops. Played the [expletive] out of that online, especially with friends. I was horrible(like 0.75 K/D) but it was extremely fun nonetheless. Zombies was fun too.

got MW3, fun campaign, hated the MP. Didn't get BO2 or Ghosts. MW 1&2 had awesome campaigns, but didn't play em much online.

After BF3 on PS3 I haven't looked back at COD though. Gameplay just isn't for me. Not like the Battlefield franchise is perfect, but it's more suited for me, from gunplay and gameplay, to the community.

Just watching gameplay of AW irritated me, lol. Hard to explain, but I hate that COD "feel" to the games. It's fast paced but still looks sluggish to me. None of that made sense but it is what it is. Tbe sci-fi aspect of it doesn't help either.

I'd wanna play the campaign tho. I'm too intrigued by the private corporate military premise and Kevin Spacey being in it.

The single players like wade said is actually really good. The graphics of it will blow you away and I know that sounds weird to say for a cod game. The face models in the story mode are probably the best I have ever seen in a video game and it really shows the power of these consoles are just started to get tapped. Worth a rent just for the single player imo they manage to keep it fresh and fun, not to mention the acting by Spacey is hella good and at times it looks like your actually watching him on screen with these visuals.

The MP is super fast paced this time around and much faster than any cod of years past. I could see for some how this might make your head fly at times, but if you get into the flow of the game and dictate your speed it is a blast. Like my earlier post the exo suit is a big game changer to cod and in my opinion is a good addition to switch up the same monotonous gameplay for the last few years past now. Currently got a K/D of like 1.75 definitely not my best cod in that respect but unless you have host in a MP game it is a very challenging game to dominate simply for speed reasons. It is a great feeling though scatting around the map and using aerial moves to dispatch enemy's. I am getting better with the exo suit and it still seems like most just use the exo suit to climb places rather than using it for more efficient combat. Think it is a learning curve that some will get the hang of soon which will cause MP to be even crazier.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, November 06, 2014 - 07:28 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#29 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,915 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 06, 2014 - 12:14 PM

1st time I haven't bought COD in a long time.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#30 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,760 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted November 07, 2014 - 02:49 PM

I heard that the Single player story mode is the best out of all the COD game. Obviously COD are not known for great single player campaign.  Im not much of a multi player and thats why I don't feel the need to buy this. But if the story campaign is good enough, I might buy it used on craiglist for 10 dollars cheaper.

#31 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Off The Bench

• 1,769 posts

Posted November 07, 2014 - 02:57 PM

I heard that the Single player story mode is the best out of all the COD game. Obviously COD are not known for great single player campaign.  Im not much of a multi player and thats why I don't feel the need to buy this. But if the story campaign is good enough, I might buy it used on craiglist for 10 dollars cheaper.

Well, COD 1&2 had awesome SP campaigns. But I think it is because they were set during WWII.

#32 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,535 posts

Posted November 07, 2014 - 03:18 PM

Well, COD 1&2 had awesome SP campaigns. But I think it is because they were set during WWII.

COD2 was the best. 

• Kobe-Wan Kenobi likes this

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#33 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts

Posted November 07, 2014 - 05:11 PM

MW 1 and 2 had awesome campaigns. I love that Chernobyl sniping level from MW. Or the snow levels from MW2. MW3 had its moments as well.

Black Ops was a bit different, but still really fun. Vietnam levels were entertaining.

As far as FPS i've played COD has had the best campaigns.

#34 Чад

Чад

Kings

• 4,683 posts

Posted November 07, 2014 - 06:05 PM

All they did was take Titanfall game mechanics *without the mechs* and slap COD on it. Revolutionary!

Edited by Chad, November 07, 2014 - 06:05 PM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#35 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,760 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted November 07, 2014 - 07:19 PM

MW 1 and 2 had awesome campaigns. I love that Chernobyl sniping level from MW. Or the snow levels from MW2. MW3 had its moments as well.

Black Ops was a bit different, but still really fun. Vietnam levels were entertaining.

As far as FPS i've played COD has had the best campaigns.

Do you consider Far Cry 3 as FPS? Because that to me is the best  FPS campaign.  Eaither that or Bioshock infinite

Edited by epicwolf, November 07, 2014 - 07:20 PM.

#36 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts

Posted November 07, 2014 - 09:02 PM

Do you consider Far Cry 3 as FPS? Because that to me is the best FPS campaign. Eaither that or Bioshock infinite

I've seen gameplay of it, looked fun, had some interesting mechanics, but never actually purchased it myself. Just had too many PS3 games at the time that I wasn't playing to add another.

Might get FC4 if it interests me enough after watching gameplay and reviews of it.

Have always an open world FPS.

Oh and about Bioshock, another one of those critically acclaimed games I never got because I knew I'd probably never get to it, or play it a bit, but just go back to my usual 1 or 2 games. I played Infinite on PS3, did the 1 hour free trial and absolutely loved it. Thought about getting the full game for PS3 but I'm done purchasing games for it. Only new games i want to buy are for PS4.

If a re-mastering of the Bioshock series was done for next gen i'd absolutely get it.

Edited by ace™, November 07, 2014 - 09:08 PM.

#37 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Off The Bench

• 1,769 posts

Posted November 08, 2014 - 06:18 AM

The best FPS series are Half-Life and Bioshock, in my opinion. Awesome storytelling, interesting characters and fabulous, groundbreaking gameplay.

Half-Life 2 is 10 years old but the Source engine is so impressive. A truly avant-garde physics engine. No cutscenes at all. Just one big story; it's one of the most immersive games ever made (and it was released in 2004). I'm ashamed to say I played it for the first time in August 2012 (I bought the Half-Life Collection on Steam, ten games/10€). And there is also Black Mesa, a third-party total remake of Half-Life on Source.

All Bioshock games still look gorgeous. I don't think they need a re-mastering for next-gen, unless you really want to play them on PS4 or XOne. If you have a good PC, get them on Steam.

Far Cry is another great FPS series. Its best features are the open-world environment/free roaming and the RPG-like elements.

Far Cry 3 has astonishing locations and a fun campaign. And hang gliders.

#38 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts

Posted November 08, 2014 - 01:36 PM

^ yeah, i'd really want to play Bioshock on PS4. A 1080p/60 fps re-master with improved visuals across the board would be appreciated. Would probably be the only way i'd ever get in to the Bioshock series.

Unfortunately launch and current next gen games have been a bit of a disappointment for me so far, so the next couple games I get will be re-masters in GTA 5, Last Of Us and Tomb Raider. Some don't like the idea of companies re-releasing last gen tittles with improved visuals for $50 or $60 but it gives people a chance that never played those games to begin with to play them. I'm all for it.

#39 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 5,808 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 13, 2014 - 11:14 PM

Couldn't resist, bought the game... Haha

androEN on PS4, get at me!

I need friends to play with haha

2div