Bjork

Sugg

• 1,588 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted March 10, 2014 - 07:13 PM

preacher021411.jpg

Plot: Jesse Custer is a small-town preacher losing his faith--until he merges with a divine being called Genesis. Now he has firsthand knowledge of both Heaven and Hell and a voice that's automatically obeyed by anyone. Joined by an Irish vampire and an ex-lover, Jesse sets out on a mission to find God.

Garth Ennis’ Preacher comic book series is a bonafide cult-classic, but its outlandish story and characters have long made it a problem child for TV/movie adaptation. That problem seems to has been solved, however, as AMC has announced that it is a bringing a Preacher TV series to air, and the showrunners are none other than comedic collaborators Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg (Superbad).

Preacher-Sheriff-Custer.jpg

Goldberg was game to fill in a few details about their approach to the Preacher TV series.

“We just had a meeting with AMC and Garth Ennis, who’s the writer, and we all kind of seemed to agree that we’re gonna stay as true to the comic as we can. We need to change some stuff but we’re not gonna change much, I hope. We’re just gonna do a little more of the preamble instead of doing flashbacks and restructure how we dole out the information a little, but we’re gonna [do the] same characters, same story, same ending. We’re gonna try to stick to Preacher as best we can. We’re making it with Sam Catlin who did Breaking Bad, and so he might tell me I’m wrong about all of this and that the real way to do it is different because he’s much smarter and better at all this than I am. But we’re gonna try to stick to what it is as best we can.”

“We’re beyond excited, we’ve tried to make it for 10 years. The big difference is everyone else tried to make it a movie and it shouldn’t be a movie. It should be an AMC show, that’s the proper way for it to get done… It’s too big; you can’t do that in a movie. It’s just too big. You’ve gotta learn the characters, it’s all about a love triangle and you need to grow with them and see the woman swayed one way or the other, and in a movie you just can’t accomplish all that.”

One of my fave comic series

Can't wait!

Edited by Bjork, December 04, 2014 - 10:38 AM.

• Mr Terrific likes this

#2 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,414 posts
  • Name:Spooky

Posted March 10, 2014 - 07:58 PM

One of the best graphic novels of all time. Cant wait for this 

hR3rI.png

#3 WZRD

WZRD

The Underachiever

• 1,772 posts
  • Fan Since:mid 90's
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 11, 2014 - 01:19 AM

very cool

zombie

#4 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,528 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted March 11, 2014 - 08:26 AM

I will check this out, but AMC and comics don't have a great track record in my eyes.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#5 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,588 posts

Posted December 04, 2014 - 10:36 AM

‘Preacher’ TV Series Pilot Gets Green Light From AMC

AMC has committed to starting production on the pilot. Preacher should shoot in 2015, with a presumed premiere date in 2016.

Rogen and Goldberg have openly stated that the TV series won’t be exactly like the comics, but so far, it seems like the major elements are still in play. We still expect to see a possessed preacher, boozy vampire and wild gun-toting girl – but like The Walking Dead, the general tone of the comic will probably be scaled back for the purposes of television. Then again, with Rogen and Goldberg behind it, there’s no telling what “scaled back” may mean, relatively speaking.

sausage-party-seth-rogen-evan-goldberg.j

Rogen and Goldberg had this to say about the pilot order:

“’Preacher’ has been our favorite comic since it first came out. Garth Ennis is one of our idols and it’s an incredible honor to be working on this. We promise we won’t make too many dick jokes and ruin it.”

For fans of the comic, Garth Ennis had this to say about the TV adaptation:

“Steve Dillon and I are extremely pleased to know AMC has taken ‘Preacher’ to pilot. We have had an ongoing voice in the efforts of the writers whom Sony TV and Original Film entrusted with this project, Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, and Sam Catlin, and have been most gratified that they continue to include us, and that they have tackled the project with the type of unwavering commitment and courage needed to present the material as Steve and I intended. This has been a long time coming, but that it continues apace, and with the chance to be delivered episodically, gives ‘Preacher’ an opportunity to be seen in its best possible medium, not previously possible.”

Edited by Bjork, December 04, 2014 - 10:38 AM.

#6 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 5,770 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted December 05, 2014 - 02:56 AM

I read about 1/3rd of the entire series about a year ago, got put on the back burner to focus on school.. Definitely gonna have to finish it now with the show looking like it's coming soon.

2div

#7 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,588 posts

Posted May 22, 2016 - 11:36 PM

A bit tamer than the comic but totally love it. dominic coop is amazing as Jessie. The cast is perfect, Cassidy's intro is perfect. Love Ruth Negga as Tulip.

Edited by Bjork, May 22, 2016 - 11:42 PM.

#8 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,630 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted May 22, 2016 - 11:49 PM

Great first episode and I agree with everything. ^

EyMlHkX.jpg

• 43,104 posts

Posted May 23, 2016 - 05:38 AM

A bit tamer than the comic.

It's AMC, not HBO. You gotta know there's limitations going in, but regardless, is it at least rated TV MAD or 14?

yo.

#10 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,588 posts

Posted May 23, 2016 - 10:11 AM

#11 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,588 posts

Posted May 23, 2016 - 10:15 AM

It's AMC, not HBO. You gotta know there's limitations going in, but regardless, is it at least rated TV MAD or 14?

#12 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,630 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted April 02, 2017 - 06:20 PM

EyMlHkX.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users