Photo

Bill O'Reilly: Jay-Z and Kanye West Are Reasons Why Black Youth Are Problems To America

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• LN Staff
  • 11,166 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted March 01, 2014 - 12:55 PM

jay-z-kanye.jpeg

by Keith Nelson Jr (@JusAire) February 28th, 2014 @ 2:48pm

(AllHipHop News) In the world according to Bill O’ Riley: Kanye West is a gangsta rapper and rap has destroyed the Black youth. During an conversation with President Barack Obama’s Senior Advisor last night (February 27th), O’Riley took the time to attribute gangsta rap to the fundemental cause of violence amongst the Black youth.

Valerie Jarrett, Obama’s Senior Advisor, spoke on Obama’s “My Brother’s Keeper” initiative that he unveiled yesterday. While O’Riley commends the initiative aimed to offed young men of color the tools they need to succeed, he stated that Obama will need to get “people like Jay-Z, Kanye West, all these gangsta rappers to knock it off” in order to truly help. Afterwards, O’Riley began attributing the problem to a few general social groups:

It’s the gangsta rappers, it’s the athletes, it’s the tattoo guys. You gotta get them in there to tell these kids you got to stop the destructive behavior, because you’re going to end up in a morgue or a prison.

Check out Bill O’ Reilly’s entire chat with Valerie Jarrett here http://www.foxnews.c...v/3267958019001

http://allhiphop.com...lp-black-youth/

#2 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,271 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted March 01, 2014 - 12:58 PM

I need some perspective from a rap enthusiast, is Kanye remotely considered a Gangsta Rapper? Is that term even used anymore? I still remember pink polo Kanye, College Dropout was forever ago.

#3 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 989 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 01, 2014 - 01:10 PM

Bill is 100 % CORRECT 

• 43,946 posts

Posted March 01, 2014 - 01:34 PM

yo.

#5 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• LN Staff
  • 11,166 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted March 01, 2014 - 01:42 PM

I need some perspective from a rap enthusiast, is Kanye remotely considered a Gangsta Rapper? Is that term even used anymore? I still remember pink polo Kanye, College Dropout was forever ago.

LOL Kanye ain't no gangsta rapper. Never was. Not even close.

• Icker, Mr Terrific and BasketballIQ like this

#6 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,902 posts

Posted March 01, 2014 - 02:57 PM

And here i thought lack of parental guidance was the real problem, glad we got that straightened out
  • Icker, Windu, Mr Terrific and 3 others like this

b3vgxe.jpg

#7 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 7,174 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted March 01, 2014 - 03:02 PM

damn what a hasty generalization

• -Wade- likes this

"Busto Ball" - troll

#8 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,593 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted March 01, 2014 - 03:04 PM

I'm not sure why everyone wants to hand out excuses to the parents of this generation for the situation of some of these kids. "It's the music, it's the video games, it's what's on TV and in the movies." 

No matter what, almost any social problem that a kid has started somewhere in their house. 

Not to mention, he says it's "gangsta rap" - which has died down quite a bit since the 90's. He says it's the athletes - which I'm sure everyone here can agree are forced to be much softer because of social media, and "tattoo guys"? C'mon, it's so common to have a tattoo nowadays, we all know he's referring to black guys with something gang related on their body.

Stupid, stupid comment. 

• Icker, pkflyers, Windu and 1 other like this

#9 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,889 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 01, 2014 - 04:41 PM

Black youth are fine

Impoverished black youth are the problem.

It has a lot to do with education which solves a lot, and in my opinion nutrition.

Much easier to stay out of trouble with a fridge full of food

• Icker, Jackson and PuigNotLate like this

#10 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,443 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 01, 2014 - 04:48 PM

Black youth are fine

Impoverished black youth are the problem.

It has a lot to do with education which solves a lot, and in my opinion nutrition.

Much easier to stay out of trouble with a fridge full of food

I... Can't... Believe it...

I agree with everything you said... For the first time....

joaquin-phoenix-shock-signs.gif

• RobBlake likes this

#11 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,271 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted March 01, 2014 - 04:49 PM

I think it is parental guidance, or just any positive guidance period, but staring from when a person is young.

Goes for all races really, but as for black people nowadays it is almost like they are typecast into certain role and really youths don't question it.

Edited by Ven, March 01, 2014 - 04:49 PM.

#12 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted March 01, 2014 - 06:26 PM

More borderline racist rhetoric from an idiot.

#13 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,342 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 01, 2014 - 06:59 PM

If kids look up to a rapper for an example more than their parents it isn't the rappers fault it's the parenting.   

These people like Bill need to stop deflecting from where the focus SHOULD be. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#14 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,468 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted March 01, 2014 - 07:32 PM

education begins in the home, not school or the street

• pkflyers, -Wade-, Jackson and 1 other like this

ap1.png

#15 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,443 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 01, 2014 - 08:46 PM

education begins in the home, not school or the street

Well the problem is, how are those kids supposed to be educated at home when their parents are 16-17 years old?

#16 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,468 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted March 01, 2014 - 09:03 PM

Well the problem is, how are those kids supposed to be educated at home when their parents are 16-17 years old?

exactly the problem.it's not that 16-17 year olds cannot teach children right from wrong... it's just most kids those ages are running off their emotional side of their brain instead of logic and more often times than not... 16-17 year olds know nothing of being a leader or parent for children

• Icker and PuigNotLate like this

ap1.png

#17 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,044 posts

Posted March 01, 2014 - 09:20 PM

I lol'd at this comment. I don't understand how a man can such large generalizations about a culture and still be considered as one of the main voices in our news outlets? Ignorance pleading against ignorance hahahaha, isn't that called an oxymoron?

Jeeze man, give me my own show and I'll talk about how the majority of rich America gained their wealth and status off slave labor.

#18 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,889 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 01, 2014 - 09:23 PM

forget the "teen" parents because it's not just that.

There's poverty and then there are the working class poor.

MANY Blacks and other minorities fit in the latter.

If you live in a big city like Los Angeles, where the kid to teacher ratio is ridiculous in public schools, especially the ones in poorer neighborhoods, then you don't get the same education kids in the suburbs or the richer districts get.

So basically, the people who were always rich or more well to do always have a distinct advantage.

So in the late 1800 to early 1900s Blacks were first entering institutes of higher learning in America, but STILL it has been tough to get an equal educational footing in America.

#19 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,475 posts
  • Name:Wade
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted March 01, 2014 - 10:02 PM

I'm sure if Obama were to "barrage" Jay-Z and Kanye West with an anti-drug/anti-"gangsta" campaign per O'Reilly's suggestion, O'Reilly would be the first to report on Obama hindering free speech or not focusing on more important issues. O'Reilly may be correct in stating that a certain genre of music may negatively influence a certain age group, but there are many more factors that play into any social issue: the family, education, religion, and more. Equally, I strongly believe in the individual and their ability to overcome any barrier. Assuming the latter to be true nullifies Bill's argument, considering that everyone has a choice to listen to any genre of music, which is exclusive from their skin color.

In short, Bill O'Reilly is a highly fallacious and partisan political pundit who excels at pushing out infotainment.

• bigvee, Majesty and PuigNotLate like this

LeGj1r3.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?
A: "My heart and soul." --Kobe Bryant

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users