76 replies to this topic

#61 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,215 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted September 09, 2014 - 10:47 AM

It's all a big Harbaugh conspiracy lmao... smh... ur trying to hard to hate on then bro.

How am I "hating". So its cool to just over look a punk who beats up his woman. I'm not supposed to say hes the equivalent of a caveman or gorilla that beat their wifes into submission or I'm hating?

I dont GAF who it is. If KB would had been convicted of actual rape charges then I woulda said [expletive] him to. Any kind of abuse. He didnt rape, he just cheated. Thats his choice. Life decisions happen that happen consensual with another are non of my damn business.

But as a parent Im not doing my job as a father if I let my kids support these bastards and what they do. Yet the NFL was trying to sweep this under the rug so they could still market/sell a few million jerseys. Despicable.

Dude if your standing up for anyone that beats up a woman then you have serious issues or your just incoherent to the facts. If you ever knew anyone that had to live a life with physical abuse and denial you wouldnt say dumb crap like "Im hating on Rice and McDonald". Those pieces of [expletive] should be locked in cages with a few gorillas that will basically do to them what they did to their wives/fiancee. 

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#62 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,215 posts

Posted September 09, 2014 - 10:50 AM

My girlfriend once slapped me in the face a few times when she was drunk. I took the blows, and restrained her hands.

I didn't turn into Muhammad Ali and deck her because I'm a lot stronger than her and what she was doing was harmless in the long run. I walked away and sorted it out in the morning when clearer heads could prevail.

The only time I think a man should ever hit a woman is if his life is in danger. If she has a weapon or a gun. Otherwise, you are a coward.

You guys opinions would change quick if it was your daughter in these types of situations. Just sayin. Victim blaming needs to stop as how it relates to domestic violence and rape in the USA(among other things)

+1. well said. And yea if its a woman with a weapon and your life is in danger all options go back on the table.But tthis wasnt the case with the Rays.

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#63 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,215 posts

Posted September 09, 2014 - 10:51 AM

I'm all for Mcdonald being released if everything turns out to be true.. no one knows the "victim". She could be a crazy [expletive] or a true victim. I feel harbs and York are protecting themselves from a legal issue.

Then they shouldnt have played him. But I dont see how they would be at risk legally. Other than lawsuits climbing the ladders to the most $

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#64 Chick Stern

Chick Stern

Rookie

• 807 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Big 4: West/Kareem/Magic/Kobe

Posted September 09, 2014 - 10:53 AM

My girlfriend once slapped me in the face a few times when she was drunk. I took the blows, and restrained her hands.

I didn't turn into Muhammad Ali and deck her because I'm a lot stronger than her and what she was doing was harmless in the long run. I walked away and sorted it out in the morning when clearer heads could prevail.

The only time I think a man should ever hit a woman is if his life is in danger. If she has a weapon or a gun. Otherwise, you are a coward.

You guys opinions would change quick if it was your daughter in these types of situations. Just sayin. Victim blaming needs to stop as how it relates to domestic violence and rape in the USA(among other things)

your opnion has changed in this very thread.

before, you wrote: "A real man doesn't hit a woman. Period."

you also didn't answer the question.

It has nothing to do with "Victim blaming". If you initiate the contact first, then how are you the "victim"?

"You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good."

--Jerry West

#65 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted September 09, 2014 - 10:56 AM

your opnion has changed in this very thread.

before, you wrote: "A real man doesn't hit a woman. Period."

you also didn't answer the question.

It has nothing to do with "Victim blaming". If you initiate the contact first, then how are you the "victim"?

Because being slapped a few times by someone half your size is not a big deal at all.

It doesn't warrant punching someone all your might two times in the head knocking them out cold.

• Icker likes this

#66 Chick Stern

Chick Stern

Rookie

• 807 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Big 4: West/Kareem/Magic/Kobe

Posted September 09, 2014 - 11:31 AM

Because being slapped a few times by someone half your size is not a big deal at all.

It doesn't warrant punching someone all your might two times in the head knocking them out cold.

you are misconstruing the thread.

Nobody in this thread has argued for punching someone with all your might two times in the head knocking them out cold.

What we have pointed out is that actions have consequences, and that you cannot strike another and then not expect them to respond.

"You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good."

--Jerry West

#67 RickyStarFox

RickyStarFox

Off The Bench

• 1,502 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 09, 2014 - 08:12 PM

you are misconstruing the thread.

Nobody in this thread has argued for punching someone with all your might two times in the head knocking them out cold.

What we have pointed out is that actions have consequences, and that you cannot strike another and then not expect them to respond.

Any chick that gets spit on will most likely try to slap the [expletive] outta you, it's as clear as day in the video. What shouldn't be likely is that this semi bodybuilder/ lineman trucker shouldn't be putting hands on a woman half his size. The [expletive] swung hard as he could then just walked around the corpse like body of his Fiancee without a shred of worry on his face until he realized them doors was gonna open soon.

#68 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,002 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted September 09, 2014 - 09:03 PM

That was the part that shook me the most, it's as if he didn't even know what was happening and actually stood to the side as an employee helped her up. If he would've shown any kind of regret immediately upon seeing her out cold it would make it a little less worse but it's as if he thought she was faking it. I gotta believe liquor was involved, she looked a bit disoriented

#69 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,215 posts

Posted September 10, 2014 - 03:21 AM

the fact he didnt look worried or as if he didnt care much is probably because this wasnt the first time.

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#70 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,043 posts

Posted September 10, 2014 - 07:15 AM

the fact he didnt look worried or as if he didnt care much is probably because this wasnt the first time.

Right?? That was the most casual 2 piece I've ever seen a man give a woman! It was just gruesome.

#71 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,198 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted September 10, 2014 - 02:11 PM

BREAKING: AP Source: Law enforcement official sent copy of Ray Rice tape to NFL executive in April

There is even a voicemail out there that confirms this. Goodell is done.

#72 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,717 posts

Posted September 10, 2014 - 02:54 PM

We had a nice little discussion on when it's appropriate to hit a woman here. When will some men understand that condeming Ray Rice's actions is meaningless if they don't denounce all forms of violence against women?

#73 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,215 posts

Posted September 15, 2014 - 05:08 AM

GOOD JOB HANNAH STORM! Major Props to her for putting lifes cards on the table.

Athletes need to come to grips with the fact they're not important. They don't matter. They're insignificant in the way they only entertain people. Get rid of them and someone else will easily fill the void. They don't impact our way of life and well being. 

If an athlete commits a crime they should be processed like anyone else.

And while they're going through due process they shouldn't be playing. They violated the NFLs standards of Conduct and while in court shouldn't be on the field. Depending on the case, not getting paid either,

And if found guilty be fired, banned and replaced. Its that simple.

The Falcons replaced Vick with Ryan after Vick committed a crime. Everyone in everything is replaceable. Theres no place in the world except hard prisons for women beaters and child abusers.

• Icker likes this

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#74 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 53,826 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 18, 2014 - 09:49 PM

So does this mean that Federal Judge is gonna lose his job too? :D 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#75 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,102 posts

Posted September 20, 2014 - 12:22 AM

GOOD JOB HANNAH STORM! Major Props to her for putting lifes cards on the table.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yikxAHOht_A

Athletes need to come to grips with the fact they're not important. They don't matter. They're insignificant in the way they only entertain people. Get rid of them and someone else will easily fill the void. They don't impact our way of life and well being.
If an athlete commits a crime they should be processed like anyone else.
And while they're going through due process they shouldn't be playing. They violated the NFLs standards of Conduct and while in court shouldn't be on the field. Depending on the case, not getting paid either,
And if found guilty be fired, banned and replaced. Its that simple.
The Falcons replaced Vick with Ryan after Vick committed a crime. Everyone in everything is replaceable. Theres no place in the world except hard prisons for women beaters and child abusers.

How ridiculous. Athletes, specifically the nfl are responsible for a multi billion dollar industry that creates jobs for millions of people. Stadiums alone employ hundreds. When a city lands the superbowl the economy of that city is boosted.

Athletes carrying importance. Yes they should be tried like everyone else but to pass athletes off as the same as any regular person is ridiculous.
Posted Image

#76 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,377 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted September 20, 2014 - 06:31 AM

How ridiculous. Athletes, specifically the nfl are responsible for a multi billion dollar industry that creates jobs for millions of people. Stadiums alone employ hundreds. When a city lands the superbowl the economy of that city is boosted.

Athletes carrying importance. Yes they should be tried like everyone else but to pass athletes off as the same as any regular person is ridiculous.

I think she was talking about her own insignificant job cause it doesn't take rare elite skills to perform her job
  • Icker likes this

ap1.png

#77 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 20,304 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 28, 2014 - 12:06 PM

Ray Rice has won his appeal, per sources.

Judge believes Ray Rice did not lie.

So Ray Rice is now immediately reinstated and can sign with any team any time.

Edited by Lakersfan1211, November 28, 2014 - 12:06 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Domestic abuse, Child abuse, NFL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users