76 replies to this topic

#41 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted September 08, 2014 - 03:12 PM

Correct me if Im wrong please. Or fill me in where Im off base....or tell me I got it right...lol

The ray Rice hitting his fiancee and knocking her out cold in the elevator happened.

Ray Rice was suspended for 2 games.

Then the NFL franchisees, front office and commish passed a rule that said there would be a zero tolerance policy regarding domestic abuse under the personal conduct policy. So any employee of the NFL that is found guilty of domestic violence or sexual assault will receive a 6 game suspension. The 2nd violation will be termination and a life time ban from the NFL.

side note: I agree completely with this rule.

Then a week later Ray McDonald of the SF 49ers is arrested for "beating his pregnant wife".

And he played yesterday against the Cowboys regardless the charges.

I realize his arraignment date is Sept 15th, and he hasnt been convicted yet. Hes innocent until proven guilty. But this was his wife and mother of his child....while pregnant? And according to police she had visible cuts and bruises. So its not just some broad he met at a bar. Maybe he has anger issues. Maybe hes nuts. Whatever. Doesnt matter. He played and had no business doing so. He shouldve sat the trip. Especially since it was a parole violation. So why was he allowed to play?????

And read the screen shot of what SF Coach Harbaugh said in the past.

10690246_10152721663189085_5665226244480

Yet he plays the guy who beat up his pregnant wife in game 1??? Way to stick to your guns Jim Harbaugh. I have no respect for a dude that would beat on women and children. Harbaughs weak for playing him. Can't walk the talk I guess. Smh

ever heard of due process? Union? People being sued for being suspended without all the facts? what if mcdonald is found to be innocent and he was docked pay and missed playing time? Players union's lawyers will be up his ass. Best way to handle it is to let the legal matter take its course. He will be traded or cut if convicted, count on that.

ap1.png

#42 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,717 posts

Posted September 08, 2014 - 03:34 PM

After witnessing another glaring example of discrimination against women in our society, and the depths the judicial department and the NFL will go to protect domestic violence offenders, men in this thread simply don't understand why it's unacceptable to strike a woman. Institutional discrimination takes a backseat to the question of "Why can't I hit a woman if she hits me first?"

The system failed to protect Janay Palmer. Goodell and the rest of the NFL enablers reputations' will never recover from this failure. Women watch the NFL more than any other team sport in the US. Women have become more active in NFL activities, participating in fantasy football leagues with friends. Women purchase NFL merchandise, and in greater numbers in October to raise research funds and awareness for breast cancer. Women were deceitfully led to believe they had a voice in the NFL, only today's video erases all of those gains.

Women are gone, some who stastitically have been victims of domestic violence in their own lives; others were victims and never reported it, because they were rightfully skeptical of the judicial system and the institutional structures ability (or interest) in protecting them. This video brings painful reminders to those victims of domestic violence, the horrific memories of past abusive relationships. Women should feel alienated today from a league that has no interest in their grievances and concerns. They were simply an untapped market the NFL was only recently able to exploit with a few clever marketing gimmicks to take their money. The outrage toward Ray Rice today is absolutely justified. It should extend to Roger Goodell, The Ravens, the judge who decided this video wasn't enough evidence to charge Rice. The outrage should continue until they all resign.

• Icker and LakersGAFan like this

#43 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,660 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted September 08, 2014 - 03:44 PM

I can't believe some of you actually think that Ray Rice had the right to hit that woman like that. Really sad.

• PuigNotLate likes this

#44 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,660 posts

Posted September 08, 2014 - 04:17 PM

Keith Olbermann calls for all involved to resign including Roger Goodell. If anyone should be removed, it definitely should be Roger Goodell. Guy has shown time and time again he is an awful commissioner. 

http://espn.go.com/v...=sportscenterFB

Edited by bigfetz, September 08, 2014 - 04:17 PM.

• Azazello and PuigNotLate like this

#45 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted September 08, 2014 - 04:29 PM

I can't believe some of you actually think that Ray Rice had the right to hit that woman like that. Really sad.

Word up man.

A real man doesn't hit a woman. Period. 

• Azazello likes this

#46 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,660 posts

Posted September 08, 2014 - 04:46 PM

Thing is no matter your views on this, this was a straight up cover up by Goodell. It wasn't until the people saw it and the ravens cut him that he kicks him out of the league. He tried as hard as he could to sweep this under the rug and failed. Roger Goodell is not a man who should be running this league. 

• Icker and Azazello like this

#47 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,257 posts

Posted September 08, 2014 - 07:57 PM

Distinctly remember saying closed fist is wrong and therefore Ray rice was wrong. Not to mention his wife wasn't REALLY a threat

I'm talking in a real threat situation grab your woman, walk away or slap her in a worst case scenario if she's persistently threatening. Not defending ray rice even a little bit.

I'm defending a mans right to defend himself with common sense and morality.
Posted Image

#48 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,257 posts

Posted September 08, 2014 - 08:05 PM

Also I don't think this situation is anything like what I've talked about. The threat wasn't enough to do anything other than wrap her up. Though that should have happened because she was charging.

But also keep in mind Michael Vick was reinstated, this logically isn't worse but in the realm of the public it probably is

It takes a real a-hole to deck a woman, it takes a sadistic psychopath to drown, strangle, electrocute and fight dogs

Neither are right I'm just saying precedence says he's likely not going to be banned for life
Posted Image

#49 Chick Stern

Chick Stern

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Big 4: West/Kareem/Magic/Kobe

Posted September 08, 2014 - 09:03 PM

Word up man.

A real man doesn't hit a woman. Period. 

So you guys think it was ok for her to hit him in the face twice?
  • RobBlake likes this

"You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good."

--Jerry West

#50 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,043 posts

Posted September 08, 2014 - 10:37 PM

This story just helped me realize that I'm a sexist bigot. I'll never again side with or give the perpetrator the benefit of the doubt. Ray Rice taught me a life lesson and that is too always side with the victim first.

#51 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 1,274 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:michael cooper

Posted September 08, 2014 - 11:19 PM

lol her slap to the face versus his two full deck punches.. Okay then.

#52 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted September 08, 2014 - 11:27 PM

Distinctly remember saying closed fist is wrong and therefore Ray rice was wrong. Not to mention his wife wasn't REALLY a threat

I'm talking in a real threat situation grab your woman, walk away or slap her in a worst case scenario if she's persistently threatening. Not defending ray rice even a little bit.

I'm defending a mans right to defend himself with common sense and morality.

As usual, you get it Last Stand.

ap1.png

#53 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted September 08, 2014 - 11:30 PM

sad when people are so consumed with gender bias that they cannot see no one is saying Ray Rice should have unleashed full hammers on her.. you know a guy that runs into 300+lb men. Ray Rice has the right to defend himself within correct and necessary force. PERIOD. What he did deserves jail time. What she did was assault and battery. Captains save a hoe and his puddle coverin cape to the rescue up n here

• Icker likes this

ap1.png

#54 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,219 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted September 09, 2014 - 03:29 AM

After witnessing another glaring example of discrimination against women in our society, and the depths the judicial department and the NFL will go to protect domestic violence offenders, men in this thread simply don't understand why it's unacceptable to strike a woman. Institutional discrimination takes a backseat to the question of "Why can't I hit a woman if she hits me first?"

The system failed to protect Janay Palmer. Goodell and the rest of the NFL enablers reputations' will never recover from this failure. Women watch the NFL more than any other team sport in the US. Women have become more active in NFL activities, participating in fantasy football leagues with friends. Women purchase NFL merchandise, and in greater numbers in October to raise research funds and awareness for breast cancer. Women were deceitfully led to believe they had a voice in the NFL, only today's video erases all of those gains.

Women are gone, some who stastitically have been victims of domestic violence in their own lives; others were victims and never reported it, because they were rightfully skeptical of the judicial system and the institutional structures ability (or interest) in protecting them. This video brings painful reminders to those victims of domestic violence, the horrific memories of past abusive relationships. Women should feel alienated today from a league that has no interest in their grievances and concerns. They were simply an untapped market the NFL was only recently able to exploit with a few clever marketing gimmicks to take their money. The outrage toward Ray Rice today is absolutely justified. It should extend to Roger Goodell, The Ravens, the judge who decided this video wasn't enough evidence to charge Rice. The outrage should continue until they all resign.

I agree with everything you said. +1. FYI some of the users here are kids who listen to their fav rap artist and actually believe the life style their portraying is real. And conceptually they try to emulate that for awhile. Till they grow up and have a daughter. Then theyll realize how ass backwards their adolescence was and how fake their icons were. "rollmodels"...lol

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#55 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,219 posts

Posted September 09, 2014 - 04:23 AM

ever heard of due process? Union? People being sued for being suspended without all the facts? what if mcdonald is found to be innocent and he was docked pay and missed playing time? Players union's lawyers will be up his ass. Best way to handle it is to let the legal matter take its course. He will be traded or cut if convicted, count on that.

THANK YOU ‪#‎STEVEYOUNG‬ . Finally someone in the media with a moral compass. Its scary when TMZ is the voice of reason in the media. Something to point out....why didnt NBC, FOX, CBS etc release the vid? Its because they were to busy protecting the image of the NFL. A company that earns them billions of dollars per year.

And @RobBlake, Due process my ass....If y
ou work at Walmart and beat up your pregnant wife you dont get to go to work. Your sitting in Jail awaiting arraignment. Any other company doesnt allow you back to work if your accused of a violent crime. NONE. You may still get a paycheck but the liability of having you employed and working with the staff is to great a risk. Instead his NFL team bails him out and hires lawyers to protect him. To any 49er fans this isnt a knock at yall or the team. Its just about punks like Rice, McDonald and anyone else who beats on women. A woman beater is a child beater. Theyre the same kin. Its unacceptable. Nobody should condone this crap because they root for a team they play for. Life>Sports. Send this guy to prison. Him and Ray Rice can be sell mates. 

Steve Young: Playing McDonald a poor call

San Francisco 49ers Hall of Fame quarterback Steve Young took a strong stand on how his former team has handled the Ray McDonald arrest for domestic violence and allowed him to play in the season opener. 
Young, speaking on the set of ESPN’s "Monday Night Countdown," disagreed with how the 49ers have handled McDonald in the course of discussing Ray Rice being cut by the Baltimore Ravens and suspended indefinitely by the NFL in the wake of a video of him punching his then-fiancée in the face being released by TMZ. 

“Then Ray McDonald gets arrested, and has visible bruising on his wife, felony domestic abuse, violence,” Young said. “Any company in this country, any big company, if that happens, they send you home. They might pay you, but you don’t play. You don’t come to work until we figure this out. 

“You take an affirmative position on it. You’ve got to have no tolerance about it and mean it and then say, 'Look, if something happened and if it’s faulty, it’s a fraudulent assertion, then we’ll work it out in a few days or weeks and miss a couple of games, OK?' 

“But we have got to have a policy that, if you get arrested for this, until we figure it out, we’ll call you when we figure it out. We’re going to call you from home. It just has to be that way or you’re not serious about it.” 

San Francisco coach Jim Harbaugh, general manager Trent Baalke and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell have all said they wanted to let due process play out, while CEO Jed York has not yet commented. 

“I understand due process; that goes on,” Young said. “Every owner can decide this for themselves.”

http://espn.go.com/b...ald-a-poor-call

• Azazello likes this

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#56 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,219 posts

Posted September 09, 2014 - 04:28 AM

Coincidence that both are named Ray (McDonald & Rice) and coached by a Harbaugh (49ers & Ravens)???

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#57 Yaboy

Yaboy

Starter

• 4,616 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 09, 2014 - 08:36 AM

It's all a big Harbaugh conspiracy lmao... smh... ur trying to hard to hate on then bro.
  • RobBlake likes this

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#58 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted September 09, 2014 - 09:20 AM

THANK YOU ‪#‎STEVEYOUNG‬ . Finally someone in the media with a moral compass. Its scary when TMZ is the voice of reason in the media. Something to point out....why didnt NBC, FOX, CBS etc release the vid? Its because they were to busy protecting the image of the NFL. A company that earns them billions of dollars per year.

And @RobBlake, Due process my ass....If y
ou work at Walmart and beat up your pregnant wife you dont get to go to work. Your sitting in Jail awaiting arraignment. Any other company doesnt allow you back to work if your accused of a violent crime. NONE. You may still get a paycheck but the liability of having you employed and working with the staff is to great a risk. Instead his NFL team bails him out and hires lawyers to protect him. To any 49er fans this isnt a knock at yall or the team. Its just about punks like Rice, McDonald and anyone else who beats on women. A woman beater is a child beater. Theyre the same kin. Its unacceptable. Nobody should condone this crap because they root for a team they play for. Life>Sports. Send this guy to prison. Him and Ray Rice can be sell mates. 

I'm all for Mcdonald being released if everything turns out to be true.. no one knows the "victim". She could be a crazy [expletive] or a true victim. I feel harbs and York are protecting themselves from a legal issue.

ap1.png

#59 Chick Stern

Chick Stern

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Big 4: West/Kareem/Magic/Kobe

Posted September 09, 2014 - 10:23 AM

"I woke up this morning feeling like I had a horrible nightmare, feeling like I'm mourning the death of my closest friend. But to have to accept the fact that it's reality is a nightmare in itself. No one knows the pain that the media & unwanted [opinions] from the public has caused my family. To make us relive a moment in our lives that we regret every day is a horrible thing. To take something away from the man I love that he has worked his ass of for all his life just to gain ratings is horrific. THIS IS OUR LIFE! What don't you all get. If your intentions were to hurt us, embarrass us, make us feel alone, take all happiness away, you've succeeded on so many levels. Just know we will continue to grow & show the world what real love is! Ravensnation we love you!"

--Janay Rice

"You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good."

--Jerry West

#60 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted September 09, 2014 - 10:42 AM

So you guys think it was ok for her to hit him in the face twice?

My girlfriend once slapped me in the face a few times when she was drunk. I took the blows, and restrained her hands.

I didn't turn into Muhammad Ali and deck her because I'm a lot stronger than her and what she was doing was harmless in the long run. I walked away and sorted it out in the morning when clearer heads could prevail.

The only time I think a man should ever hit a woman is if his life is in danger. If she has a weapon or a gun. Otherwise, you are a coward.

You guys opinions would change quick if it was your daughter in these types of situations. Just sayin. Victim blaming needs to stop as how it relates to domestic violence and rape in the USA(among other things)

• Icker, Azazello and LakersGAFan like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Domestic abuse, Child abuse, NFL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users