5 replies to this topic

#1 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,989 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted January 20, 2014 - 12:38 PM

The Toyota FCV promises a 310-mile range between hydrogen fill-ups, room for four passengers and a refuel time of just three minutes. Unlike a plug-in electric vehicle, there's no waiting for a battery to recharge. Promised top speed is over 100 mph, and zero-to-60-mph times are about 10 seconds.

The FCV's propulsion system is small enough to fit beneath the seats, and two high-pressure hydrogen tanks save space and lower costs. Many components of the electric-drive system are shared with Toyota's hybrid drivetrain.

Toyota did not put a price on what the FCV will cost in production form — estimates range from $50,000 to $100,000 — but Carter said that cost reductions will put the car on the road "in greater numbers" than people might expect.

http://www.usatoday....-range/4343589/

Cali in 2015? You guys get to test it out.

Edited by Ham, January 20, 2014 - 12:38 PM.

"Busto Ball" - troll

#2 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,271 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted January 20, 2014 - 02:22 PM

I love how people in the automotive industry that are particularly associated with electric cars are being dismissive and just arrogant over this concept, and yet they cry when traditional car manufacturers criticize their electric cars.

That being said though, deriving electricity from hydrogen is so easy task, let alone having to refuel it, possible emissions (technically it wouldn't be vapor).

Edited by Ven, January 20, 2014 - 02:25 PM.

• 43,799 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 02:38 PM

Cool. Now let's just get those autonomous vehicles on track quicker.

yo.

#4 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,989 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 06:39 PM

Cool. Now let's just get those autonomous vehicles on track quicker.

this is coming quicker and probably more beneficial in the long run.

"Busto Ball" - troll

• 43,799 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 08:44 PM

^ Just to clarify, "this" as in autonomous cars or hydrogen-powered cars? Hope you meant the former cause if so, I couldn't agree more. There are some risks & controversies certainly, but the positives far outweigh the negatives overall imo. I hope I live to see the day where it almost becomes standard. There will be an extreme amount less of accidents & deaths guaranteed.

yo.

#6 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,989 posts

Posted January 30, 2014 - 08:41 PM

^ Just to clarify, "this" as in autonomous cars or hydrogen-powered cars? Hope you meant the former cause if so, I couldn't agree more. There are some risks & controversies certainly, but the positives far outweigh the negatives overall imo. I hope I live to see the day where it almost becomes standard. There will be an extreme amount less of accidents & deaths guaranteed.

Oil is scarce. Hydrogen is plentiful. Remember that. hydrogen cars coming quicker i meant

Edited by Ham, February 01, 2014 - 12:03 PM.

"Busto Ball" - troll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users