Photo

Battlefield 4

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

• 43,950 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 10:08 PM

But shouldn't the folks behind the PS4 have discovered enough of this on time to not allow such a huge & popular game be released if it weren't fully ready? Why risk the embarrassment?

yo.

#62 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts
  • Name:Jorge Negrete
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 16, 2013 - 10:11 PM

This isn't a sony issue.. It's EA. Battlefield is having issues on all systems including PC..

surprised I haven't seen a netcode issue personally tbh. This [expletive] is STILL a huge issue on PC and still hasn't been patched.

Which doesn't really matter all that much if the game keeps constantly crashing, and when it DOES work, only lets you join 2 game modes lol

#63 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,416 posts
  • Name:Spooky

Posted November 16, 2013 - 10:13 PM

But shouldn't the folks behind the PS4 have discovered enough of this on time to not allow such a huge & popular game be released if it weren't fully ready? Why risk the embarrassment?

PC crashes all the time too.. EA released a broken product on all systems.. Next week the same issues will be on xbox.. 

Edited by Marc Maron, November 16, 2013 - 10:13 PM.

• Tommy Karate likes this

hR3rI.png

#64 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 10:13 PM

This isn't on Sony, PSN going down yesterday, yes. PSN getting hacked and shutdown for weeks couple years back, yes, but it's not their fault EA ok'd the release of an incomplete game.

#65 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 10:17 PM

Gonna try it one more time, if it crashes again I'm gonna just power off the console and forget about it for a bit.

just too frustrating.

#66 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 10:23 PM

Aaaaand it crashed.

[expletive]ing EA. Always the same thing.

The League on Netflix it is.

• 43,950 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 10:29 PM

Have any good memes come out at least over this?

yo.

#68 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted November 16, 2013 - 10:44 PM

EA has always been awful with game releases. I shudder when I think back about the release of bad company 2 on xbox 360, I had trouble connecting for over a week and so did a lot of my friends.

#69 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 01:01 AM

[expletive]!

Really wanna play this [expletive]! Tried it 2 more times right now, both times the game crashed less than 2 minutes into the round.

Damn it. Its the god damn weekend and I've gotten minimal amount of gaming in. Once Monday comes around I gotta deal with work and stuff and there's just not enough time.

• 43,950 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 01:19 AM

^ I understand your frustrations, but in the world we live in today, there should be PLENTY of other stuff to entertain yourself with.

yo.

#71 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 01:45 AM

^yeah, I know that. I'm usually one to put off gaming for a day or two in the name of going out and having a good time, but bars, friends, anything social, and plenty other things I do for entertainment took a backseat this weekend.

the release of the next installment of my favorite game of all time plus the release of a new next gen console, and me finally getting one on launch day just kinda took over my weekend.

Unfortunately it didn't work out that way.

• 43,950 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 01:55 AM

I get you, but you can still do plenty of things at home as well. Limitless options of course with the internet. Movies, music, etc.

yo.

#73 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,416 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 02:09 PM

Patch incoming: http://m.neogaf.com/...ad.php?t=717761

hR3rI.png

#74 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 02:19 PM

^ yeah, saw that on top of my screen when checking my battlelog right now. 

finally.

hope it fixes the random crashes, and the Conquest/other large game modes bug for good.

yo Marc Maron, do your Battlelog stats show in-game when you click the center touch pad on the DS4? I can see yours fine, but my stats show all zeros. other ppl having the same issue, but was wondering if it's everyone or just a few.

#75 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,416 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 07:12 PM

^ yeah, saw that on top of my screen when checking my battlelog right now. 

finally.

hope it fixes the random crashes, and the Conquest/other large game modes bug for good.

yo Marc Maron, do your Battlelog stats show in-game when you click the center touch pad on the DS4? I can see yours fine, but my stats show all zeros. other ppl having the same issue, but was wondering if it's everyone or just a few.

Yeah i can see my stats. I can also see my other friends stats. Yours don't show up at all though. It says you haven't played battlefield. 

hR3rI.png

#76 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,416 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 07:15 PM

Might as well make use of the screenshot feature:

RXLmJJN.jpg

Edited by Marc Maron, November 17, 2013 - 07:15 PM.

hR3rI.png

#77 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 07:47 PM

^damn.

I'm guessing it has something to do with 2 ID's being tied to the same account. On Battlelog it shows my erik_is_ace(PS3) then it shows my strfkr24 twice, with PS3 and PS4 next to each one. I already set my current ID as active. Idk whats up. Gonna try to log in with old psn again.

Anyway, this [expletive] is still beyond broken, I just joined you in a match and the game crashed halfway thru.

accidentally pressed the big ass touchpad on the controller and it crashed, ive noticed that doing that will usually result in a crash.

also, earlier I played like 3 rounds in a row w/o exiting after the round ends and I had no crashes. Usually when I exit the lobby after the match ends the game crashes.

• 43,950 posts

Posted November 18, 2013 - 12:51 AM

accidentally pressed the big ass touchpad on the controller and it crashed, ive noticed that doing that will usually result in a crash.

:laughing: I'm sorry, but this made me laugh. Just the way you put it.

yo.

#79 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts

Posted November 18, 2013 - 08:16 PM

DICE planning an update for BF4 and aiming for early NEXT WEEK as an expected date for the patch to go live.

at least it seems like they figured out most if not all of the issues and are working hard at a fix.

Game was released like a month or two too early, maybe more. Seems like EA pushed DICE into releasing an unfinished game to better compete with COD.

Plan to spend thanksgiving weekend pretty much eating, drinking and playing this [expletive]in game, possibly doing all those things at the same time.

#80 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,416 posts

Posted November 18, 2013 - 08:21 PM

I can't even get passed the title screen [expletive]

hR3rI.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users