137 replies to this topic

#101 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,841 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted November 20, 2015 - 07:08 PM

People may be complaining but the game seems to be flying off the shelves so EA has no incentive to put together a single player, which is really sad considering how amazing it could be since they have the rights and todays technology.

No doubt it's wishful thinking, but you never know.  Most likely though the DLC will just be extra maps, weapons and playable characters.

Hopefully they'll put in a campaign mode on the sequel at least...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#102 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,764 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted November 20, 2015 - 11:45 PM

According to the season pass:

4 epic expansion packs featuring brand new content set across the Star Wars™ galaxy including:

• Majesty likes this

EyMlHkX.jpg

#103 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,186 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 22, 2015 - 11:52 AM

^^^ all things they already had created prior to the games release. Come on damn EA, do they think we are that dumb? You don't put a single player campaign and still have the balls to charge us extra for you to put more things into the multiplayer only game? Are these expansions free, and you only pay for the season pass to get early access to them or will you have to cough up cash regardless? The more I hear about the game the more I don't want anything to do with it. 

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#104 DTIII™

DTIII™

• 5,764 posts

Posted November 24, 2015 - 05:36 PM

The Battle of Jakku Free DLC

EyMlHkX.jpg

#105 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,248 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted November 24, 2015 - 06:50 PM

Debating whether to buy it on Black Friday or not...

Have to love the Battlefront franchise but when there's no campaign and the fact that it's EA, you already know they're gonna milk every dime from you via the multitude of DLC offered...

Edited by lakers1o1, November 24, 2015 - 06:50 PM.

#106 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted November 24, 2015 - 07:16 PM

It's a good thing there isn't a campaign.

DICE has never even made a mediocre campaign, and they probably never will. 

#107 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 24, 2015 - 07:42 PM

According to the season pass:

4 epic expansion packs featuring brand new content set across the Star Wars™ galaxy including:

So essentially "The rest of the game that we didn't release at launch, but you have to pay for"?  

Edited by Majesty, November 24, 2015 - 07:42 PM.

• PhillyLaker24 likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#108 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,186 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 12:28 PM

It's a good thing there isn't a campaign.

DICE has never even made a mediocre campaign, and they probably never will. 

They never had the Star Wars rights before though. When it comes to a fan favorite such as this there are plenty of angles they could of made the campaign from, and it would not have been hard. Sure normally the battlefield story lines are not good, but please name me some FPS games that have campaigns that are masterly crafted? Maybe Halo 1..... but once it came together with the other installments the story fell apart and was not pleasing. FPS gamers don't demand amazing stories, if they did they wouldn't be playing a FPS they would pick up an RPG. The thing is with the Star Wars license and the frostbite engine they could of at the least crafted a good looking campaign, where even if it wasn't masterly written imagine all the situations you could put a player in that would just be superb in comparison to any other FPS game ever. 

Monkeys could have put together a single player game with this tech and license that would have people foaming at the mouth. For some unknown reason walker assult has been praised by a lot of people, you don't think a chapter in a single player campaign of that would be so much more epic than the online game mode? There are just too many scenes, environments, and moments that you could recreate that would make the campgin actually feel damn satisfying. Regardless of the horrible writing, and the endless cliche's that we get from DICE, with a Star Wars skin even a battlefield campaign would feel enticing to play.  

#109 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 02:05 PM

They never had the Star Wars rights before though. When it comes to a fan favorite such as this there are plenty of angles they could of made the campaign from, and it would not have been hard. Sure normally the battlefield story lines are not good, but please name me some FPS games that have campaigns that are masterly crafted? Maybe Halo 1..... but once it came together with the other installments the story fell apart and was not pleasing. FPS gamers don't demand amazing stories, if they did they wouldn't be playing a FPS they would pick up an RPG. The thing is with the Star Wars license and the frostbite engine they could of at the least crafted a good looking campaign, where even if it wasn't masterly written imagine all the situations you could put a player in that would just be superb in comparison to any other FPS game ever. 

Monkeys could have put together a single player game with this tech and license that would have people foaming at the mouth. For some unknown reason walker assult has been praised by a lot of people, you don't think a chapter in a single player campaign of that would be so much more epic than the online game mode? There are just too many scenes, environments, and moments that you could recreate that would make the campgin actually feel damn satisfying. Regardless of the horrible writing, and the endless cliche's that we get from DICE, with a Star Wars skin even a battlefield campaign would feel enticing to play.  

It's not the story that is the problem, it's that the DICE designers have no idea how to make single player levels and give you a fun experience. Old battlefield campaigns aren't bad because of the story(though that's part of the problem), they're bad because of the gameplay and level design.

There are tons of good FPS campaigns that are masterly crafted. Deus Ex, System Shock 2, DOOM 2, Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite, Halo 1, Turok, Turok 2, Metro 2033, STALKER, Metroid Prime, FEAR, Borderlands, Half Life 2, Far Cry 3, Wolfenstein. And these are just off the top of my head.

I would find it more of an insult to have another piss poor campaign, like every other DICE game besides the original Bad Company. Their team just can't make single player games, they prove it with every release. Better for them to make the multiplayer, the main selling point, as good as it can be. 

• Чад and PhillyLaker24 like this

#110 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Starter

• 5,140 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 25, 2015 - 02:43 PM

Ok so I have this game but I haven't played it yet. Got it as a deal throw in.

If there isn't a campaign then what the hell is it? An online multiplayer like Halo or something?

#111 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,186 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 03:58 PM

It's not the story that is the problem, it's that the DICE designers have no idea how to make single player levels and give you a fun experience. Old battlefield campaigns aren't bad because of the story(though that's part of the problem), they're bad because of the gameplay and level design.

There are tons of good FPS campaigns that are masterly crafted. Deus Ex, System Shock 2, DOOM 2, Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite, Halo 1, Turok, Turok 2, Metro 2033, STALKER, Metroid Prime, FEAR, Borderlands, Half Life 2, Far Cry 3, Wolfenstein. And these are just off the top of my head.

I would find it more of an insult to have another piss poor campaign, like every other DICE game besides the original Bad Company. Their team just can't make single player games, they prove it with every release. Better for them to make the multiplayer, the main selling point, as good as it can be. 

You name some games I never played, out of the list though the only game with an actual good story that I played was bioshock 1 lol 

I still believe with star wars as an overlay it would be pretty easy to put together a good single player campaign.

#112 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 06:01 PM

You name some games I never played, out of the list though the only game with an actual good story that I played was bioshock 1 lol 

I still believe with star wars as an overlay it would be pretty easy to put together a good single player campaign.

Check some of em out if you get a chance, man. But yeah, story isn't everything in a game. MGS 2's story is pitiful and I love that game.

But yeah, I agree with you that the Star Wars license and lore should be able to have them make a great single player experience. I think the fact that they didn't even try to make one for Battlefront shows how little confidence they had in their abilities of doing the Star Wars name justice though.

• PhillyLaker24 likes this

#113 DTIII™

DTIII™

• 5,764 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 11:58 PM

Ok so I have this game but I haven't played it yet. Got it as a deal throw in.

If there isn't a campaign then what the hell is it? An online multiplayer like Halo or something?

Online game mainly yeah.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#114 DTIII™

DTIII™

• 5,764 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 11:58 PM

Check some of em out if you get a chance, man. But yeah, story isn't everything in a game. MGS 2's story is pitiful and I love that game.

But yeah, I agree with you that the Star Wars license and lore should be able to have them make a great single player experience. I think the fact that they didn't even try to make one for Battlefront shows how little confidence they had in their abilities of doing the Star Wars name justice though.

Also they can't just make anything, it has to fit in with canon and they have to work with the story group.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#115 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,063 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 27, 2015 - 06:09 PM

Finally got it as a present from the wife.

I may be on tonight.  My gamertag on Xbox is Omnibro, in case anyone wants to destroy me (because I'm terrible at these games, but I love 'em anyway).

• Game and Чад like this

#116 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 3,302 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted November 30, 2015 - 06:43 AM

I may get this just to play with you guys lol
  • DTIII™ likes this
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#117 DTIII™

DTIII™

• 5,764 posts

Posted November 30, 2015 - 12:07 PM

If you pre-ordered, you get it tomorrow if not DEC 8th.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#118 Чад

Чад

Kings

• 4,683 posts

Posted November 30, 2015 - 12:45 PM

I love how they put little space battles up above the maps. They didn't have to do that, but it add a little realism that a massive battle is going on around the area. 

Edited by Чад, November 30, 2015 - 12:45 PM.

• fido likes this

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#119 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,063 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 30, 2015 - 05:12 PM

This game is just so damn beautiful.  I find myself staring at the details and forgetting to play sometimes.

We were blown away in 1980 when this came out.

This game is simply mind blowing to me - amazing stuff.

• Чад and Majesty like this

#120 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,869 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted May 11, 2016 - 12:27 AM

I love this game. Just bought it this week on Origin after a 4 hour trial.

It's amazing! And being a Star Wars fanboy helps makes it even better. I think my neighbours might be worried about all the yelling lol

• fido and DTIII™ like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users