Xbox One

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

#201 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Off The Bench

• 1,769 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 10:52 AM

^ I remember the last time Microsoft made a good choice. Noah couldn't swim yet.

#202 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,159 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 17, 2014 - 12:06 PM

^ I remember the last time Microsoft made a good choice. Noah couldn't swim yet.

I would have to say they handled the launch and the whole life cycle of the 360 perfectly for the most part.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#203 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Off The Bench

• 1,769 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 12:10 PM

^ My bad. The only consoles I have are PS2, Nintendo 64 and Game Boy lol.

Yeah, 360 was a good thing. I played Halo with a friend of mine on it and it was a good experience.

#204 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,159 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 01:11 PM

^^^ Yea and from a business perspective it was really done almost perfectly. Microsoft was able to take the gaming world which Sony had basically to itself and steal a huge chunk of it even though their earlier product the regular xbox was not received so well. However, the way they have handled the xbone from a business perspective and a consumer perspective has just been horrible.

#205 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted May 18, 2014 - 05:43 PM

MS has been awful with customers for a good while now. It's the main reason I switched to Sony and haven't looked back.

I called it back when the consoles launched that within one year a cheaper Xbone would drop without the Kinect. Which means a lot of people paid 100 dollars more for the console on launch for something that MS finally realized nobody wants. 

They lost a lot of PR with the whole DRM thing and with the way the One launched they aren't doing themselves any favors. But they were stubborn and they are paying for it. The PS4 is killing the one in sales by double right now.

#206 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,001 posts

Posted August 12, 2014 - 07:06 AM

I don't have an Xbox One but plan on getting one next summer.

http://www.ign.com/v...y-gamescom-2014

This game looks awesome!

#207 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Off The Bench

• 1,769 posts

Posted August 12, 2014 - 12:27 PM

I don't have an Xbox One but plan on getting one next summer.

http://www.ign.com/v...y-gamescom-2014

This game looks awesome!

WOW! It really looks outstanding!

Remedy did a great job with Max Payne (1-2) and Alan Wake, so this game could actually be a terrific one.

I plan to buy either a PS4 or Xbox One maybe next year (because of KHIII :bleh: ) but I'm still torn on which one.

I like PlayStation more as a brand but since KHIII will be released on both consoles and Xbox has got Halo Collection and other games like Quantum Break on its side, I don't know anymore.

#208 dakidblu

dakidblu

Rookie

• 438 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Fisher Lamar

Posted September 06, 2014 - 06:44 PM

MCC >>>. If you got xbox one add me: Ayo Itz Slayer.

#209 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,001 posts

Posted October 27, 2014 - 06:12 AM

Xbox One price slashed to $349 for the holidays

Good things come to those who wait, and Microsoft's now in the business of richly rewardingthose capable of delaying their gratification. If you've yet to pick up an Xbox One, then holding off until November 2nd will see the company apply a $50 price drop across the range. That means that a Kinect-free Assassins Creed or Sunset Overdrive bundle will be available for just $349, while the limited edition Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare package with a custom console and controller will be priced at $449. The offer runs all the way through until January 3rd, although we'd imagine that price sticking around if it helps to make a dent in Sony's reasonably healthier console business.

Source: http://www.engadget....d=rss_truncated

Guess I'm finally getting one. I was planning on doing it like in March but this is just too good of a price to miss out on the Master chief collection when it comes out.

#210 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted October 27, 2014 - 10:25 AM

I'm gonna get one too.

PS4 is still going to be my main squeeze but I can't miss out on this Halo collection.

#211 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,159 posts

Posted October 27, 2014 - 10:41 AM

I think sunset overdrive looks like a hella fun game actually. Looks like a fun shooter that has enjoyable gameplay, which tbh is very rare in a shooter. Not thinking of getting an xbone but thought I show some love to one of the exclusives it has because their lineup has been pretty bad.

#212 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,001 posts

Posted November 02, 2014 - 09:21 AM

The question:

Sunset Overdrive Bundle

vs

Assassin's Creed Unity Bundle

Decisions, decisions......

#213 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Off The Bench

• 1,769 posts

Posted November 02, 2014 - 09:39 AM

I'd go with Unity, but I'm an AC addicted...

#214 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,001 posts

Posted November 02, 2014 - 06:55 PM

I'd go with Unity, but I'm an AC addicted...

I was a huge Black Flag fan but I figured I just got Morodor (which I still need to beat) and that I'm using the Xbone for exclusives.

Hell....I'm going to be playing Halo 2 99% of my gaming time once that comes out anyways haha.

#215 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,159 posts

Posted November 03, 2014 - 09:59 AM

I was a huge Black Flag fan but I figured I just got Morodor (which I still need to beat) and that I'm using the Xbone for exclusives.

Hell....I'm going to be playing Halo 2 99% of my gaming time once that comes out anyways haha.

If you have both I would say get sunset overdrive bundle and grab unity on ps4 sometime in the future.

• JGuez likes this

#216 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,760 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted November 07, 2014 - 02:53 PM

I think sunset overdrive looks like a hella fun game actually. Looks like a fun shooter that has enjoyable gameplay, which tbh is very rare in a shooter. Not thinking of getting an xbone but thought I show some love to one of the exclusives it has because their lineup has been pretty bad.

Right now xbox have better exclusive than PS4.  I actually think xbox over all have better exlclusives.  But the ps4 will always be a better machine than xbox one. It will never change

#217 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,159 posts

Posted November 08, 2014 - 09:48 AM

Right now xbox have better exclusive than PS4.  I actually think xbox over all have better exlclusives.  But the ps4 will always be a better machine than xbox one. It will never change

IDK once the order drops and your talking about uncharted 4 in the wings it will be pretty even. I mean sunset overdrive is certainly a fun game, but other than that I dont really see any exclusive for xbone that would support that claim in the long run. I mean sure people will say halo, but I was never a fan of halo so that doesn't factor into the equation. I was an avid 360 fan since it first came out and I think the only true exclusive I will miss is when Gears of war drops on next gen. Other than that xbone has no franchise that I know I will miss. Much how sunset overdrive came out of no where it is possible they will make new franchises that are great exclusives but that is impossible to determined right now.

I have faith both in Sony and Microsoft to get some great exclusive franchises over the next few years and which one has better exclusives will come down to what type of games you like and what appeals to you.

#218 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,001 posts

Posted November 08, 2014 - 09:54 AM

I played Overdrive a bit yesterday. It's a fun game but it's not a system seller IMO.

I'm a little surprised IGN gave it a 9 because to me a 9 is like a must play. Don't see myself playing it much after Halo comes out Tuesday. Solid game either way.

#219 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,159 posts

Posted November 08, 2014 - 10:06 AM

I played Overdrive a bit yesterday. It's a fun game but it's not a system seller IMO.

I'm a little surprised IGN gave it a 9 because to me a 9 is like a must play. Don't see myself playing it much after Halo comes out Tuesday. Solid game either way.

There are very few games that can actually ship systems, it normally takes a big lineup to do that. Overdrive is a game that made a fun experience shooter single player, almost in an arcade type style and that is hard to fine. As I posted early it really comes down to taste with video games just like anything. Just as how you can't wait to play halo when it comes out I did not buy one halo game even though I owned both a original xbox and a 360 for the simple fact when I rented and played it it just wasn't my style. Probably another reason I grew tired of destiny because its multiplayer was much like halos.

#220 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,760 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted November 10, 2014 - 02:06 PM

IDK once the order drops and your talking about uncharted 4 in the wings it will be pretty even. I mean sunset overdrive is certainly a fun game, but other than that I dont really see any exclusive for xbone that would support that claim in the long run. I mean sure people will say halo, but I was never a fan of halo so that doesn't factor into the equation. I was an avid 360 fan since it first came out and I think the only true exclusive I will miss is when Gears of war drops on next gen. Other than that xbone has no franchise that I know I will miss. Much how sunset overdrive came out of no where it is possible they will make new franchises that are great exclusives but that is impossible to determined right now.

I have faith both in Sony and Microsoft to get some great exclusive franchises over the next few years and which one has better exclusives will come down to what type of games you like and what appeals to you.

Have you tried D4 dark dreams dont lie? It seems to be a fun exclusive so far on xbox one. Right now Ps4 doesn't have exclusive that get people to buy it.   Drive Club is a bust so far.  I don't think I will ever buy an Xbox one. I love my ps4 and I have a gaming PC so there is no point for me to buy an xbox one but I sure would love to try out sunset and D4.  I think the days of "exclusive" will be gone soon. All you will get are exlusive content only. There's too much money for developers to only stay with one platform. It is so hard for me to think of more than two companies that are exclusive for Microsoft or Sony right now.   I still think the best exclusive platform money can buy is Nintendo.

Edited by epicwolf, November 10, 2014 - 02:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users