Manti Te’o's girlfriend, who supposedly died in September, never existed according to Deadspin
Posted January 16, 2013 - 09:01 PM
Posted January 16, 2013 - 11:12 PM
- JEN likes this
Posted January 16, 2013 - 11:44 PM
As someone who has had online relationships when I was in high school, I can see how this could happen, especially when the CATFISH phenomenon is taking off
1) You were in high school, not attending the UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME.
2) How long did your relationships go? This one went almost 4 years. He knew her a long freaking time for this to happen. Either this guy is stupid as hell or he is that gullible.
There's stuff that doesn't match up here.
He met her at the Stanford game where they exchanged numbers (but tells ND officials he's never met her in person) although his father says she'd come visit Hawaii where they'd meet up.
Simply put, this isn't a typical case of online lying. There's more to this story that's not being told
- JEN likes this
Posted January 16, 2013 - 11:47 PM
so Manti said himself it was a hoax? Sorry i'm just confused
Posted January 17, 2013 - 12:10 AM
That's not me hating on the guy, but this story seems too weird. I just don't see how you have a relationship with someone for almost four years and then say it was a hoax.
Posted January 17, 2013 - 12:22 AM
^ I agree with absolutely everything you've said on this matter West Coast and the gay part even wow, never thought of that till you mentioned it. How many other people have brought that potentiality up if any?
I've read some boards with people who had the same thoughts, but a couple things:
- Te'o is very religious. The Mormon church does not accept homosexuality.
- From his dads comments over the past few months, it sounds like he thought his son was meeting up with this girl although his parents never met her and now Manti said he never met her in person.
One other thing not relating to the sexual orientation stuff but when this girl "died", Te'o didn't attend the funeral. I'm sorry but if this is the "love if my life" then I'm there mourning the loss of her.
Posted January 17, 2013 - 12:45 AM
Edited by Notorious Arab, January 17, 2013 - 12:45 AM.
Posted January 17, 2013 - 08:39 AM
Posted January 17, 2013 - 09:10 AM
Posted January 17, 2013 - 11:37 AM
That statement via Twitter was just released.... I can't even make this stuff up:
@LennayKay: My statement: This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but I have been told by Alabama's offense that Manti Te'o is not real.
Posted January 17, 2013 - 03:03 PM
KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.
Posted January 17, 2013 - 03:32 PM
Posted January 17, 2013 - 03:37 PM
If he did indeed know this "woman" for four years, why didn't they ever video chat? Almost every phone and computer monitor comes with some sort of webcam and software to do that. That alone should raise a huge red flag.
- Knew her since 2009, never met in person
- "Love of his life" is in car accident that leaves her on life support, never visits her in the hospital
- During recovery from car accident, doctors discover that she has leukemia, again never visits her in the hospital
- She dies, doesn't go to the funeral at the previous request of this girl who only asked for him to send white roses to her when she passed
2 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users