Photo

What happened to Kobe's crossover?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,370 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 05, 2012 - 04:02 PM

tim hardaway was really the man that got people started talking about the crossover...thats why he gets so much credit even though his moves were more simple, and maybe not quite as flashy on average than say allen iverson. i like most people consider his to be the best crossover ever. he was my 2nd favorite player up through his first couple years in denver too...everytime the subject of best/fav
crossover comes up, i post this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrDhSYcju68

watch daniels during the replay...

anyway, kobe's cross was never on that level, he's had some mean ones in his career, but he was never on AIs level...

then again, no one was really on AIs...unless you're talkin and1 mixtape

I love the Jordan/Russell pushoff with the off hand added to that crossover. I'm guessing that's something Jordan taught him. Like AI said Jordan and him used to talk all the time, and then when he crossed Jordan he decided it was a good idea to not talk to him so much more after that :laughing:

Edited by Majesty, August 05, 2012 - 04:03 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#42 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,683 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted August 06, 2012 - 10:03 AM

Kobe is a very special player, but even Kobe cannot beat father time...the crossover is a move that puts extra pressure on the the knee, it is not a routine move. A young Kobe could crossover at will....Kobe is not 28 he is on the downside of his prime, he cannot do many of the quick lateral movement moves anymore....This thread is about Kobe and the crossover, not about the Kobe that can still dominate. Kobe has been an Iron man..several years back Kobe was being talked about as being injury prone, Kobe may be injury prone but that tough SOB has more heart and soul then the rest of the team combined! He does not miss games! Kobe is really KOBE! a very special player...

The guy who posed this said Kobe hasnt been able to use the crossover for last 6yrs. Thats a joke Period! It requires much more strain on a players needs to do Kobes routine 1 - 3 dribble stop on a dime plant and elevate str8 up for his jumper. Kobe is special for the fact that he is still dominate after 16 yrs and still counting! Not to mention he has had 3 knee procedures and is still balling! The vide I gave was showing in past 6 seasons his crossover is still there.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#43 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted August 06, 2012 - 10:47 AM

Kobe can't do crossover against young guards now... he has to pick on older slower guards or players bigger and slower than he is right now. His crossover will be a rarity, but he will use it once in awhile or try to.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#44 IllWill

IllWill

Rookie

• Banned
  • 620 posts
  • Name:IllWill
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Nick the Quick

Posted August 06, 2012 - 09:56 PM

Kobes handles arent what they used to be period
No escaping father time

Edited by IllWill, August 06, 2012 - 09:57 PM.

#45 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,902 posts

Posted August 06, 2012 - 10:57 PM

kobes too old, plus his fingers are all messed up

b3vgxe.jpg

#46 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,683 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted August 07, 2012 - 09:38 AM

Kobe Mix 1 HD 2011/12 go search this vid on youtube. The guy who puts these vids up has all highlights from all gms from the season all in a row and you can clearly see Kobe still uses the crossover when needed. Check all the vidz out b4 you talk back!
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#47 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 36,171 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 07, 2012 - 10:30 AM

Try doing crossovers while your fingers are like this

Posted Image

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users