#21 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 928 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 03, 2012 - 05:23 AM

Whos crossover do u think was better AI or Tim hardaway

Tim had an amazing crossover but it seemed like it was always the same thing. Like it was the only move he had....
Overall handles, I give it to Iverson. Crossover I would say is a tie. (But Iverson's looks alot better.)

#22 Roidz

Roidz

Rookie

• 1,270 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:KB, L.O., Glen Rice

Posted August 03, 2012 - 07:58 AM

I just think he has other tools in his repertoire that he prefers to use instead. Simple as that. He still uses it from time to time, but his game has continued to progress and change over time.

"What I'm doing right now, I'm chasing perfection." -Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted Image

#23 IllWill

IllWill

Rookie

• Banned
  • 620 posts
  • Name:IllWill
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Nick the Quick

Posted August 04, 2012 - 03:12 AM

I just think he has other tools in his repertoire that he prefers to use instead. Simple as that. He still uses it from time to time, but his game has continued to progress and change over time.

In a perfect world it would b as simple as that

#24 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,370 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 04, 2012 - 03:16 AM

In a perfect world it would b as simple as that

In the real world, it is as simple as that.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#25 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,734 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted August 04, 2012 - 06:09 AM

Tim had an amazing crossover but it seemed like it was always the same thing. Like it was the only move he had....
Overall handles, I give it to Iverson. Crossover I would say is a tie. (But Iverson's looks alot better.)

Tim Hardaway's crossover > all

Pau Gasol is GONE

#26 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,683 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted August 04, 2012 - 07:18 AM

I watch everygame I just keep it real with myself.. U trying to say his crossover hasnt fell off.. Im a die hard laker fan but im also a realists.. So u can lie to yourself if u want too

He uses crossover plenty when needed.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#27 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,683 posts

Posted August 04, 2012 - 07:39 AM

^^This good for you? Not 6 yrs ago!

Edited by gque24, August 04, 2012 - 07:41 AM.

• Windu likes this

#28 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,834 posts
  • Name:Ahmed
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 04, 2012 - 07:49 AM

He still uses it, but his hands are endured so many injuries to the point of which that it's affected it. When he first came into the league he had a tremendous crossover with amazing ball-handling capabilities. That wrist injury hurt it alot, and then it just went down hill from there. It was still very effective, but around 2009 he began getting constant pain and injury, developed arthritis and now his handles are suspect. I can't count how many screw-ups he has had the past two seasons due to his ball-handling. Really unfortunate.

#29 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted August 04, 2012 - 08:07 AM

Kobe and the crossover...has anyone thought about the fact that Kobe's knee can't stand up to the quick hard lateral movement required to execute the crossover.

.....What Kobe has done with all the injuries is remarkable, but it has taken a toll on his overall game...
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#30 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,683 posts

Posted August 04, 2012 - 08:45 AM

Kobe and the crossover...has anyone thought about the fact that Kobe's knee can't stand up to the quick hard lateral movement required to execute the crossover.

.....What Kobe has done with all the injuries is remarkable, but it has taken a toll on his overall game...

You guys are so over the top. All of Kobes ROUTINE Moves he does from all spots on teh floor requre/demand quick hard lateral movements. Crossover is no different in regards to amount of strain on his knees to the moves he does every single gm now. Would I say he doesnt use it as much as we would like to get the highlight reel vidz = Yes but to say he doesnt use it all is bullsheet. He does whatever is required at that specific moment on the court. Most guys can only do a couple different moves out there Kobe is a counter guy so it really depends on what the defense gives him. Only thing different from Kobe is the stamina = when he was #8 he could run all day even on 1 leg like when he gave MJ 45 in 1st half! Now Kobe gets tired and its yr 17 coming up so WTF you expect. The fact he still balling on High Level is ENOUGH for me Appreciate it b4 he is gone for good! We still get plenty of gr8 worthy highlight material after soon to be 4 different knee procedures and 2 handfuls of nagging small injuries!

#31 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts

Posted August 04, 2012 - 09:03 AM

You guys are so over the top. All of Kobes ROUTINE Moves he does from all spots on teh floor requre/demand quick hard lateral movements. Crossover is no different in regards to amount of strain on his knees to the moves he does every single gm now. Would I say he doesnt use it as much as we would like to get the highlight reel vidz = Yes but to say he doesnt use it all is bullsheet. He does whatever is required at that specific moment on the court. Most guys can only do a couple different moves out there Kobe is a counter guy so it really depends on what the defense gives him. Only thing different from Kobe is the stamina = when he was #8 he could run all day even on 1 leg like when he gave MJ 45 in 1st half! Now Kobe gets tired and its yr 17 coming up so WTF you expect. The fact he still balling on High Level is ENOUGH for me Appreciate it b4 he is gone for good! We still get plenty of gr8 worthy highlight material after soon to be 4 different knee procedures and 2 handfuls of nagging small injuries!

Kobe is a very special player, but even Kobe cannot beat father time...the crossover is a move that puts extra pressure on the the knee, it is not a routine move. A young Kobe could crossover at will....Kobe is not 28 he is on the downside of his prime, he cannot do many of the quick lateral movement moves anymore....This thread is about Kobe and the crossover, not about the Kobe that can still dominate. Kobe has been an Iron man..several years back Kobe was being talked about as being injury prone, Kobe may be injury prone but that tough SOB has more heart and soul then the rest of the team combined! He does not miss games! Kobe is really KOBE! a very special player...

Edited by Disturbed, August 04, 2012 - 09:05 AM.

NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#32 IllWill

IllWill

Rookie

• Banned
  • 620 posts

Posted August 04, 2012 - 09:13 AM

Lol damn that video was hard ass [expletive] had me Rollin. But I thinl only one of those crossovers was from last year.. The one where he crossed homeboy over n popd that jumper by the 3 point line

#33 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts

Posted August 04, 2012 - 09:15 AM

Lol damn that video was hard ass [expletive] had me Rollin. But I thinl only one of those crossovers was from last year.. The one where he crossed homeboy over n popd that jumper by the 3 point line

Priceless :laughing:
Abraham Lincoln

#34 IllWill

IllWill

Rookie

• Banned
  • 620 posts

Posted August 04, 2012 - 09:18 AM

He still uses it, but his hands are endured so many injuries to the point of which that it's affected it. When he first came into the league he had a tremendous crossover with amazing ball-handling capabilities. That wrist injury hurt it alot, and then it just went down hill From there. It was still very effective, but around 2009 he began getting constant pain and injury, developed arthritis and now his handles are suspect. I can't count how many screw-ups he has had the past two seasons due to his ball-handling. Really unfortunate.

Beautiful point.. N I agree I never seen Kobe mishandle the ball so many time like as of late... Its like he just came from a crab leg buffet n forgot to wipe the butter off his mits lololol jk good point tho

#35 IllWill

IllWill

Rookie

• Banned
  • 620 posts

Posted August 04, 2012 - 09:25 AM

Kobe is a very special player, but even Kobe cannot beat father time...the crossover is a move that puts extra pressure on the the knee, it is not a routine move. A young Kobe could crossover at will....Kobe is not 28 he is on the downside of his prime, he cannot do many of the quick lateral movement moves anymore....This thread is about Kobe and the crossover, not about the Kobe that can still dominate. Kobe has been an Iron man..several years back Kobe was being talked about as being injury prone, Kobe may be injury prone but that tough SOB has more heart and soul then the rest of the team combined! He does not miss games! Kobe is really KOBE! a very special player...

Great point were not arguing that he's the 2nd best player EVER in my opinion or that he has a sik arsenal of moves but that his crossover has fallen off and that his handles arent what they used to be... Kobe would always almost at least once a game, have that moment whered he would b at the top of the key just getting busy with the ball then stew or chick would say something slick n Kobe would break someone down like ur highschool sweetheart or first love did u... Lol,we all been there dont front

Edited by IllWill, August 04, 2012 - 09:27 AM.

#36 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 928 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted August 05, 2012 - 07:24 AM

Tim Hardaway's crossover > all

They're both equally amazing

#37 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• Banned
  • 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted August 05, 2012 - 08:07 AM

I was at this game!
htCCl0m.png

#38 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,734 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted August 05, 2012 - 10:21 AM

Jamal Crawford had some nice moves

Pau Gasol is GONE

#39 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• LN Staff
  • 11,193 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted August 05, 2012 - 12:27 PM

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, August 05, 2012 - 12:28 PM.

• Windu likes this

#40 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,877 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 05, 2012 - 03:56 PM

tim hardaway was really the man that got people started talking about the crossover...thats why he gets so much credit even though his moves were more simple, and maybe not quite as flashy on average than say allen iverson. i like most people consider his to be the best crossover ever. he was my 2nd favorite player up through his first couple years in denver too...everytime the subject of best/fav
crossover comes up, i post this

watch daniels during the replay...

anyway, kobe's cross was never on that level, he's had some mean ones in his career, but he was never on AIs level...

then again, no one was really on AIs...unless you're talkin and1 mixtape

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users