Official: Lakers acquire Steve Nash from Suns

• Please log in to reply
888 replies to this topic

#21 pll4

pll4

Rookie

• 236 posts

Posted June 18, 2012 - 12:13 PM

You're hoping the Lakers don't get one of the best points guard in the league really? Another thing getting Nash is really bolster our bench. Sessions would be one of the best reserves in the NBA. If we get Beasley as well. Then resign Odom. Wow you're talking about one of the best benches in the league.

Sessions/G-Lock/Beasley/Odom

Damn.

Yeah, I am. Because Nash is OLD. He can't even play heavy minutes anymore, so who's supposed to be out their playing the majority of the game? If Brown is here, which he obviously will be, Sessions won't be able to play the way he wants - so he'd be useless. Not to mention, isn't it a better idea to get younger players to keep building up until the day Kobe leaves? Nash is not the way to go.

And I really don't understand people's obsession with Goudelock. Sessions-Odom-Beasly would be a good bench, how is Goudelock just thrown into that equation? If he's here next here, he more than likely still won't get any playing time.

Edited by pll4, June 18, 2012 - 12:13 PM.

#22 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• Banned
  • 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted June 18, 2012 - 01:00 PM

^ How would Sessions be useless? Sessions has been a backup most of his career so he's used to playing off the bench. As for G-Lock if Blake is gone he'll get minutes.
htCCl0m.png

#23 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• Banned
  • 6,333 posts

Posted June 18, 2012 - 01:01 PM

So assuming we can sign Deron Williams (same amount to spend on either), should we?

This question is moot. Nash won't sign for the money we have...end discussion.

Nash has plenty of other options if he WANTED to chase a ring...options that would allow him to play the uptempo style that made him a 2-time MVP. That's NOT LAL.

Nothing to see here.

If Nash wants to play for a championship contender he'll have to sign for the mini MLE.
htCCl0m.png

#24 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,715 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted June 18, 2012 - 01:04 PM

Steve Nash is not going to sign for the Vet. Min.

agree^^^

#25 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,499 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted June 18, 2012 - 01:05 PM

For vet min Nash is worth it.

roflmao if u think nash is signing for vet minimum :laughing:
Posted Image

#26 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 36,165 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 18, 2012 - 01:28 PM

if we land Nash, Mike Brown better give kobe and nash some freedom

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#27 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,902 posts

Posted June 18, 2012 - 01:42 PM

pau is too expensive to be putting up role player numbers

he needs to be moved

b3vgxe.jpg

#28 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• Banned
  • 6,333 posts

Posted June 18, 2012 - 05:31 PM

pau is too expensive to be putting up role player numbers

he needs to be moved

He averages 17 & 10 on 50 percent shooting. Those are still All Star caliber numbers.
htCCl0m.png

#29 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 36,165 posts

Posted June 18, 2012 - 05:33 PM

He averages 17 & 10 on 50 percent shooting. Those are still All Star caliber numbers.

what about playoffs

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#30 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,698 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 18, 2012 - 06:22 PM

numbers don't show how often he gets bent over either

Pau Gasol is GONE

#31 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• Banned
  • 6,333 posts

Posted June 18, 2012 - 07:11 PM

what about playoffs

Pau has averaged about 13 ppg and 9 rpg the last two years. Not bad numbers on the surface, but for a guy with his talent he should be averaging around 20 & 10.
htCCl0m.png

#32 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,902 posts

Posted June 18, 2012 - 08:04 PM

Pau has averaged about 13 ppg and 9 rpg the last two years. Not bad numbers on the surface, but for a guy with his talent he should be averaging around 20 & 10.

Not bad numbers?

I guess you forgot the part where he makes $19,000,000 per season

13 and 9 is unacceptable

b3vgxe.jpg

#33 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• Contributor
  • 14,996 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted June 18, 2012 - 08:29 PM

People are still fawning over Pau Gasol's numbers? He's fallen off completely in the last year and a half, no matter what the numbers say. A guy who still has the best post game among all big men in the game refuses to play like he's 7 feet tall and prefers to shoot jumpers all day long. He's simply not the same player he was two years ago, and that should be obvious to anyone that has been watching the games.

#34 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,554 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted June 18, 2012 - 08:42 PM

People are still fawning over Pau Gasol's numbers? He's fallen off completely in the last year and a half, no matter what the numbers say. A guy who still has the best post game among all big men in the game refuses to play like he's 7 feet tall and prefers to shoot jumpers all day long. He's simply not the same player he was two years ago, and that should be obvious to anyone that has been watching the games.

I think it also has to do with Bynum dominating the paint and Gasol being pushed to the high post, especially in this new offense. If we put him onto the low block I think he'll be ok again.

#35 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• Contributor
  • 14,996 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted June 18, 2012 - 08:47 PM

I think it also has to do with Bynum dominating the paint and Gasol being pushed to the high post, especially in this new offense. If we put him onto the low block I think he'll be ok again.

Nope, it's more of a mindset thing than anything. Neither big man is Shaq-sized taking up the entire paint all game long.

Pau Gasol has plenty of opportunities to play in the low post, especially when Bynum is sitting on the bench. At the beginning of the season, when Bynum was suspended for 4 games, Pau had every opportunity to establish himself down low but settled for far too many jumpers. I don't have the shot charts on hand, but he wasn't looking to establish himself in the post very often in those games. Just because he plays in the high post doesn't mean he has no opportunities to attack the rim. There have been a number of games this season where he has been aggressive and made the most of his opportunities. The problem is that these instances were very rare.

Pau Gasol has been playing like this since the 2011 playoffs. I'm not sure if he'll ever get back to '08-10 form.

#36 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,123 posts

Posted June 18, 2012 - 08:56 PM

I don't see how getting Nash would help our defense? WE NEED DEFENSE

#37 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,551 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 19, 2012 - 07:06 AM

First of all; We wont get Nash. He can still get $5-10 million / year - we can offer $3 / year.

Second; if it was possible Nash would be awesome. Sure his defense is suspect, but basketball is a game of scoring as much as trying to prevent the other from scoring and Nash's offensive gifts (shooting, passing) more than offsets his defense, which is still better than both Sessions and Blake.

Third; While i think we should move Pau, i sure as hell dont think we should give him away for nothing. He is still an elite player!

#38 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,698 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted June 19, 2012 - 07:28 AM

Third; While i think we should move Pau, i sure as hell dont think we should give him away for nothing. He is still an elite player!

That is not true at all

Pau Gasol is GONE

#39 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted June 19, 2012 - 12:58 PM

Let's just say the Lakers were able to hypothetically sign Nash should the Lakers still trade Pau? I say no. Keep Gasol, bring back LO, resign Ebanks and Hill.

these are non exclusive issues. Just becuz you get Nash doesn't mean you keep Pau. For salary and bench reasons... those are good enough to trade Pau.

For vet min Nash is worth it.

He is worth 5 million plus...
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#40 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• Banned
  • 6,333 posts

Posted June 19, 2012 - 02:31 PM

That is not true at all

He's an elite power forward still.