Childish Gambino - Camp

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,398 posts

Posted December 03, 2011 - 12:22 PM

Agreed with the first paragraph but how was the production tired? Have you ever listened to a J Cole beat?

The production on Cole world got tired. Getting tired doesn't mean it's poor just means I can't listen to the production all at once. After the first 2 weeks of Cole world I have yet to listen to the entire album at the same tine
Posted Image

#42 lakerswiz

lakerswiz

Off The Bench

• 2,581 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 03, 2011 - 11:17 PM

The stupidest thing about the review is that everything the guy is saying about Childish, Childish has already stated himself. He's already mentioned stuff about hashtag rap, his voice and the like. Childish knows what he is.

Oh and maybe this had something to do with it...

But Pitchfork only likes rappers who crazy or hood, man”

#43 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,741 posts
  • Fan Since:Nah
  • Fav. Laker:Kobun

Posted December 04, 2011 - 09:35 AM

^ that's just a ridiculously untrue statement
R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#44 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted December 04, 2011 - 11:07 AM

^ that's just a ridiculously untrue statement

The statement about pitchfork only like crazy or hood rappers? because if thats what your talking about I completely agree the site is a indie site anyway I highly doubt they have a hood rapper bias.

#45 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,741 posts

Posted December 04, 2011 - 11:09 AM

The statement about pitchfork only like crazy or hood rappers? because if thats what your talking about I completely agree the site is a indie site anyway I highly doubt they have a hood rapper bias.

exactly
R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#46 Helljumper

Helljumper

76ers GM

• 2,462 posts

Posted December 04, 2011 - 03:35 PM

Do you guys actually visit Pitchfork? They definitely are biased.

Just look at how they treat Tyler. IMO, Tyler and Childish are comparable in that they both produce their own stuff and don't really rap about anything of substance. But Pitchfork is all over Tyler's nuts because his lyrics are "shocking" and they feel that if they give OF good scores, they'll have a better reputation/street-cred among OF's target audience.

Listen to Yonkers and pay attention to the lyrics. Then listen to Bonfire and pay attention to the lyrics. Yonkers is a bunch of random lines that don't really mean anything but some of the lines are "edgy" and controversial. Bonfire is a bunch of random lines that don't really mean anything but some of the lines are "whiny." Pitchfork is essentially whining about Gambino whining too much. Whether that's a valid criticism or not, it still doesn't take away from Gambino's music so much that he deserves a freakin' 1.6/10.

For Pitchfork to praise Tyler but bash Gambino is hypocritical. (I'm a fan of both BTW).
Posted Image

#47 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,741 posts

Posted December 04, 2011 - 03:47 PM

p4k gave Lil B an 8.1 they cool with me
R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#48 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,398 posts

Posted December 04, 2011 - 04:42 PM

Do you guys actually visit Pitchfork? They definitely are biased.

Just look at how they treat Tyler. IMO, Tyler and Childish are comparable in that they both produce their own stuff and don't really rap about anything of substance. But Pitchfork is all over Tyler's nuts because his lyrics are "shocking" and they feel that if they give OF good scores, they'll have a better reputation/street-cred among OF's target audience.

Listen to Yonkers and pay attention to the lyrics. Then listen to Bonfire and pay attention to the lyrics. Yonkers is a bunch of random lines that don't really mean anything but some of the lines are "edgy" and controversial. Bonfire is a bunch of random lines that don't really mean anything but some of the lines are "whiny." Pitchfork is essentially whining about Gambino whining too much. Whether that's a valid criticism or not, it still doesn't take away from Gambino's music so much that he deserves a freakin' 1.6/10.

For Pitchfork to praise Tyler but bash Gambino is hypocritical. (I'm a fan of both BTW).

they don't discriminate agains drake, kanye, kid cudi, or lupe

all non-hood/crazy rappers
  • NYCLakerfan likes this
Posted Image

#49 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,775 posts

Posted December 04, 2011 - 09:08 PM

Childish is sick been listening to him since the beginning, new album is good I would have loved to hear more tracks like bonfire but his other tracks are still pretty awesome.

The North Remembers

#50 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,414 posts
  • Name:Spooky

Posted September 09, 2014 - 12:39 AM

• Game likes this

hR3rI.png

#51 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 484 posts
  • Name:Danny
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted September 09, 2014 - 08:13 PM

Camp is probably my favorite album now. When I first heard it, I didn't really like it. But now it's what I mostly listen to all the time
  • Biggums likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users