32 replies to this topic

#21 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,457 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 09, 2014 - 09:40 PM

Yeah the worlds are 36x larger then the ps3/360 version.

In other words

Still a million-billion times smaller than the pc version

Xbox version. 1 square km (1km by 1km)
Xbox1 version. 36 square km? (6km by 6km)

From middle of xbox version. 500 blocks to edge
Middle of Xbox1 version. 3000 blocks to edge.

It may be 36x bigger. But it won't feel like it.
On the pc version, I went in one direction for over 100km. (Nomad style!)

Minecraft is still my favor game of all time

#22 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,547 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted September 09, 2014 - 11:00 PM

I never played this. Might check it out.

#23 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,457 posts

Posted September 10, 2014 - 12:05 PM

You have never played minecraft!
Thats the equivenelnt of never playing a Mario or Zelda game! Or never playing a call of duty of madden!

Minecraft is one of the best video games ever
And it created an entire new genre of games
And created an entire new way of developing/releasing games

Check it out. But. Find someone to help you along. It can be damm confusing if you don't know what to do! (Althou i guess the tutorial helps? Never played it.)

#24 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,547 posts

Posted September 11, 2014 - 09:42 AM

You have never played minecraft!

Thats the equivenelnt of never playing a Mario or Zelda game! Or never playing a call of duty of madden!

Minecraft is one of the best video games ever

And it created an entire new genre of games

And created an entire new way of developing/releasing games

Check it out. But. Find someone to help you along. It can be damm confusing if you don't know what to do! (Althou i guess the tutorial helps? Never played it.)

Nope never. I will check it out.

#25 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,457 posts

Posted September 11, 2014 - 01:03 PM

I really suggest having a friend who has played the game for your first steps
What system will you be playing it on?
I got it for pc and 360

#26 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,547 posts

Posted September 11, 2014 - 06:22 PM

I really suggest having a friend who has played the game for your first steps

What system will you be playing it on?

I got it for pc and 360

Not really sure. They have iOS versions so probably on the iPad.

#27 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,457 posts

Posted September 13, 2014 - 07:49 PM

Not really sure. They have iOS versions so probably on the iPad.

I have never played the iOS version
Not sure how good it can be.

I strongly suggest pc
Xbox 360 is good too, as it is VERY easy to play with friends.
I don't know about iOS

Edited by TKainZero, September 13, 2014 - 07:52 PM.

#28 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,764 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted July 22, 2015 - 01:36 PM

• Kobe-Wan Kenobi likes this

EyMlHkX.jpg

#29 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,063 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 08, 2015 - 12:02 AM

This game seems absolutely pointless to me.

Go get some Legos.

#30 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,186 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 08, 2015 - 09:02 AM

When I saw story mode I was like cool, then I saw the tell tale logo and instantly became turned off. I really don't understand how tell tale games are a big hit with fans when they are just an interactive story, and not even a great crafted one. Point and click for action and then you choose between 2 choices that impact the story, and normally that just means one character dies or the other. Funny how certain games get bashed for having QTE's or being on rails, but that is exactly what the tell tale games are but they get praised for using the same formula over and over.  

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#31 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,368 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted August 08, 2015 - 03:52 PM

When I saw story mode I was like cool, then I saw the tell tale logo and instantly became turned off. I really don't understand how tell tale games are a big hit with fans when they are just an interactive story, and not even a great crafted one. Point and click for action and then you choose between 2 choices that impact the story, and normally that just means one character dies or the other. Funny how certain games get bashed for having QTE's or being on rails, but that is exactly what the tell tale games are but they get praised for using the same formula over and over.

I was with you until the Telltale part. It may be just interactive but the story of their games are soooooo well scripted it's amazing. Telltales the walking dead game was such a hit on mobile phones they had to put it on Xbox 360 and PS3. You do nothing in that game but make choices but the story is so amazing you feel like you are apart of it. I don't like all telltale games but the Walking Dead one is 10/10 for me easy. It's amazing.
  • Kobe-Wan Kenobi and DTIII™ like this

#32 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,186 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 09, 2015 - 09:21 AM

I was with you until the Telltale part. It may be just interactive but the story of their games are soooooo well scripted it's amazing. Telltales the walking dead game was such a hit on mobile phones they had to put it on Xbox 360 and PS3. You do nothing in that game but make choices but the story is so amazing you feel like you are apart of it. I don't like all telltale games but the Walking Dead one is 10/10 for me easy. It's amazing.

Yea it comes down to taste really. When I play a video game though I do not want the same experience as a movie or a book and to me that is what tell tale games are. Their games remind me of those books where you read a few pages and you have to make a choice by either going to page 52 or page 83. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with liking that experience but games can offer much more than a story, you know like great GAME play. Point and click stories is what I see from their games and while their stories are good compared to the multitude of crap stories put on game disc they are not as well put together and crafted as a good movie or book. Just don't understand why I would use video games as a medium to get a less cohesive experience that I could get from a novel or intriguing film.

They have great story (for a game) but then lack in every other aspect that a video game can deliver in. How could I view it as a great experience if it falls short in utilizing all the tools that a game has at its disposal to make a truly exciting/enjoyable experience? Like I said though it is all a matter of taste, to each their own. I know I am in the minority in this because the majority of the gaming community love the telltale games.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, August 09, 2015 - 09:23 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#33 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,457 posts

Posted August 12, 2015 - 08:22 PM

Yea it comes down to taste really. When I play a video game though I do not want the same experience as a movie or a book and to me that is what tell tale games are. Their games remind me of those books where you read a few pages and you have to make a choice by either going to page 52 or page 83. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with liking that experience but games can offer much more than a story, you know like great GAME play. Point and click stories is what I see from their games and while their stories are good compared to the multitude of crap stories put on game disc they are not as well put together and crafted as a good movie or book. Just don't understand why I would use video games as a medium to get a less cohesive experience that I could get from a novel or intriguing film.

They have great story (for a game) but then lack in every other aspect that a video game can deliver in. How could I view it as a great experience if it falls short in utilizing all the tools that a game has at its disposal to make a truly exciting/enjoyable experience? Like I said though it is all a matter of taste, to each their own. I know I am in the minority in this because the majority of the gaming community love the telltale games.

I remember those books. As I kid I read a lot of Goosebumps books, and there were some that involved jumping pages with choices like that.

The telltale games are good, I got the walking dead ones on steam for a couple bucks, but they are not very fun in normal gaming terms.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users