Photo

The Official Android OS Thread

• Please log in to reply
386 replies to this topic

#381 Jackson

Jackson

Hall Of Fame

• 9,785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 17, 2016 - 03:06 PM

i got the free gear, haven't touched it yet, lol...and the other perk i got was a $50.00 costco cash card which will come in the mail in about a year knowing how mail-in rebates usually work...

didn't see anything about a free year of netflix though?  was that supposed to be a costco deal?

Ah I think it's Tmobile only. I think the Buy 1 get 1 free phone is Tmobile and AT&T.

this thing has a boat load of features.. i have had it for less than a month and i am still trying to figure them all out... (side note... i did not read the manual.. LOL)

Yeah. The problem with Samsung is that they have too many partnerships. So they shove them all into the phone. You can root your phone and uninstall them though (voids your warranty).

#382 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,623 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 17, 2016 - 03:47 PM

ahh, good stuff...

i remember hearing they're going to raise the price of netflix soon...even for the people that are still grandfathered in at $7.99 like me...free year might have been nice

either way, i had to go through costco because i knew people there that knew how to do the work-around that let me keep my unlimited data and pay the upgrade price for the phone

Posted Image

#383 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,430 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted March 17, 2016 - 07:40 PM

Yea the Netflix is nice I have like 3 years free from T-Mobile now. Can't blame you on going to Costco lol.

Anyone wanting to get rid of bloatware you don't have to root. You can purchase Package Disabler Pro in the play store. It can disable any app on Samsung devices.
  • Game likes this

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#384 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,523 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 09:11 PM

Still have my Note 3. I honestly feel like it was a phone ahead of its time. It's still comparable if not better than most new phones and it's still running great.

Yeah. And I wouldn't want to give this thing up just yet mostly because of the camera. Quality is just amazing :D

• Draztik likes this

#385 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,430 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted March 17, 2016 - 09:47 PM

Still have my Note 3. I honestly feel like it was a phone ahead of its time. It's still comparable if not better than most new phones and it's still running great.

Yeah. And I wouldn't want to give this thing up just yet mostly because of the camera. Quality is just amazing :D

Notes are great, used the be the only Samsung phones I would get
  • JEN likes this

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

• 43,268 posts

Posted March 20, 2016 - 11:26 AM

I've still got my S5. Definitely held off on the S6 when they got rid of the mirco-sd card slot, water & dust resistance, & removable battery.

The S7 looks fantastic, and is surely an upgrade in a ton of ways both over the S6 and my S5 of course (especially specs-wise clearly), but I'm still pretty satsifed overall with my S5 and prefer some things specifically about the camera that I've still got overall compared to the S7's.

The S7's may have better pure quality, better low-light, and far faster focus, but as I mentioned before, the 16:9 thing happens to matter to me quite a bit and only having the option to do that at 9 megapixels on the S7 as compared to the max settings on the S5 at 16 megapixels is enough of a difference that matters quite a bit to me. I know Samsung copies Apple in a lot of things already, but still disappointed they specifically had to go their route with this as well.

• FranklinPeanuts likes this

yo.

#387 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,623 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 28, 2016 - 09:46 AM

just wanted to talk up the GS7 some more...phone is amazing, highly recommend

probably partially because i waited so long to upgrade and was still rocking a GS3, but either way, amazing phone

my old phone would sit on my desk at work, and without me using it at all and it'd be on low batter 6-7 hours into the shift...this one was still at 90% 5 hours into my day...and that's with bluetooth and location on, of course this is with me only checking a few messages and that kind of thing

Screenshot_20160328-105154_zpsyzceaw6y.p

as for the charging/fast charging..i'd say the differences are about as expected, the wireless version of each type of chagring is slower than it's wired counterpart...

i'd say the fast wireless charges about as fast, or faster than regular wired, and wired fast charging is damn fast compared to everything else.  though i'm really only having to charge overnight, so i don't really need to use fast charging, but cool option for a day with heavy usage. regular (non-fast) wirelss charging is definitely the slowest option, but even that will charge the phones large battery from 0-100 in under 3 hours.  

•     likes this

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users