Photo

The Official Android OS Thread

• Please log in to reply
386 replies to this topic

• 43,917 posts

Posted January 10, 2016 - 11:37 PM

Any chance they bring back any or all of those features for future versions?

yo.

#362 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,459 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted January 11, 2016 - 12:26 AM

Any chance they bring back any or all of those features for future versions?

Rumor is next Galaxy phones will get water/dust proofing back as well as micro SD.

Honestly I'm not a fan of Samsung but T-Mobile didn't carry the new Nexus phones.
  •     likes this
21lsbya.jpg

#363 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,764 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 11, 2016 - 06:14 AM

^i've been reading that about the GS7 as well...i almost bought a GS6, but after reading those rumors i decided i'd wait

•     likes this

Posted Image

#364 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,459 posts

Posted January 12, 2016 - 08:49 AM

Yea the s7 will get it then Note usually follows with what the S series had.

I've had no issues with no removable battery though ha

6e1c50f8e8c523aae291b5ea9a0c62ce.jpg
  •     likes this
21lsbya.jpg

#365 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,764 posts

Posted February 26, 2016 - 07:28 PM

official...i'll be getting a galaxy s7

probably the weekend it comes out, if not, shortly after

haven't gotten a new phone in so long because i wanted to keep my unlimited data w/ verizon, but now they allow you to buy phones without touching your data plan...so between that, and the phone being incredibly bad ass i'm in...

• Draztik likes this

Posted Image

• 43,917 posts

Posted February 29, 2016 - 05:45 PM

I love so many things about the new S7, but why I mean why in the world did they have to decide to go to a 4:3 aspect ratio taking photos as opposed to the old and far no brainer superior 16:9? SMH.

yo.

#367 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts
  • Name:Jorge Negrete
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted February 29, 2016 - 10:18 PM

I love so many things about the new S7, but why I mean why in the world did they have to decide to go to a 4:3 aspect ratio taking photos as opposed to the old and far no brainer superior 16:9? SMH.

Really? I remember on my old Galaxy S4 let you take 16:9 pics at the expense of lesser megapixels(I believe it was 9MP pictures). Doing 4:3 allowed you to use all MP available though.

My Nexus 6 I believe gave me similar options.

My current iPhone 6s Plus also lets you pick between a wider picture and "square".

Seems weird Samsung would get rid of 16:9 pictures. I prefer those as well, especially with their excellent camera.

Edited by ace™, February 29, 2016 - 10:19 PM.

• 43,917 posts

Posted February 29, 2016 - 10:55 PM

Well no. They didn't get rid of it altogether, but I mean you have to change the setting lowering the pixel count I believe down to 9. They already lowered the max down to 12, which I can still tolerate if it truly means a better sensor, better pure quality, and better low light performance, but still why oh why no 16:9 on max settings? Huge pet peeve for me and quite possibly deal breaker. Of all the great things they did with this one and in such a crucial part, they gotta' try and copy apple (in a bad way) and ruin it.

yo.

• 43,917 posts

Posted February 29, 2016 - 10:59 PM

I guess I'll maybe just have to still stick with my old S5 and its 16 megapixel 16:9 camera. Just sucks how slow it is in comparison as well as the low-light or lackthereof.

yo.

#370 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,764 posts

Posted March 01, 2016 - 10:53 AM

lack of 16x9 picture doesn't bother me at all, surprised it's a deal breaker for some, I actually prefer 4x3, and have my current phone set that way

videos I want in widescreen format, but pictures, don't care

Posted Image

#371 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,459 posts

Posted March 02, 2016 - 10:44 PM

Pre ordered a S7 Edge for my girl. Should have done it on the 23rd, a lot of people on T-Mobile received their phones already
21lsbya.jpg

#372 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,764 posts

Posted March 08, 2016 - 03:25 PM

pre-ordered a GS7 as well...got my 200gb micro SD in the mail yesterday =)
  • Draztik likes this

Posted Image

#373 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,764 posts

Posted March 11, 2016 - 07:32 PM

GS7 in hand...went with platinum gold last minute

beautiful phone, really won't screw around with much until tomorrow most likely as i got some things to do tonight, but huge upgrade for me as i've been sitting on an s3...avoiding upgrading as to not lose my unlimited data w/ verizon...would have had to pay full price for a phone. being that i typically only use my phone for the normal stuff calls/text/mp3 player/internet i couldn't rationalize spending $700 for a new one, kept buying other stuff instead. almost bought a 6, but read rumors about 7 and glad i waited...

got this phone for $200 w/ 2 year contract (definitely not getting a new phone in 2 years) and i got to keep my unlimited data =)
  • JEN and Draztik like this

Posted Image

#374 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,537 posts

Posted March 11, 2016 - 07:45 PM

Have heard nothing but good stuff about this S7. Not sure when I'll get a new phone again though. I am still using the Note 3, which--aside from occasional slowness/lag--is working ok overall. Had this thing for about 3 years now, which isn't bad lol
  • Game, Draztik and Jackson like this

#375 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,980 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 17, 2016 - 01:26 PM

i got an SG5 for free.. was forced to get one after my HTC ONE died on me... it isn't a bad phone.

• Jackson likes this

#376 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,440 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 17, 2016 - 01:32 PM

GS7 in hand...went with platinum gold last minute

beautiful phone, really won't screw around with much until tomorrow most likely as i got some things to do tonight, but huge upgrade for me as i've been sitting on an s3...avoiding upgrading as to not lose my unlimited data w/ verizon...would have had to pay full price for a phone. being that i typically only use my phone for the normal stuff calls/text/mp3 player/internet i couldn't rationalize spending $700 for a new one, kept buying other stuff instead. almost bought a 6, but read rumors about 7 and glad i waited...

got this phone for $200 w/ 2 year contract (definitely not getting a new phone in 2 years) and i got to keep my unlimited data =)

Did you redeem your free VR gear from Samsung and the one year of Netflix for free?

Also, T-Mobile is offering a buy 1 get 1 free for the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. I ordered the S7 Edge from them so hopefully I get one more.

#377 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,440 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 17, 2016 - 01:34 PM

i got an SG5 for free.. was forced to get one after my HTC ONE died on me... it isn't a bad phone.

The SG5 is one of my faves. Like that you can replace the battery easily.

Have heard nothing but good stuff about this S7. Not sure when I'll get a new phone again though. I am still using the Note 3, which--aside from occasional slowness/lag--is working ok overall. Had this thing for about 3 years now, which isn't bad lol

Still have my Note 3. I honestly feel like it was a phone ahead of its time. It's still comparable if not better than most new phones and it's still running great.

• JEN likes this

#378 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,980 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 17, 2016 - 01:38 PM

The SG5 is one of my faves. Like that you can replace the battery easily.

this thing has a boat load of features.. i have had it for less than a month and i am still trying to figure them all out... (side note... i did not read the manual.. LOL)

#379 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,764 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 01:45 PM

Did you redeem your free VR gear from Samsung and the one year of Netflix for free?

Also, T-Mobile is offering a buy 1 get 1 free for the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. I ordered the S7 Edge from them so hopefully I get one more.

i got the free gear, haven't touched it yet, lol...and the other perk i got was a $50.00 costco cash card which will come in the mail in about a year knowing how mail-in rebates usually work...

didn't see anything about a free year of netflix though?  was that supposed to be a costco deal?

• Jackson likes this

Posted Image

#380 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,459 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 02:46 PM

Netflix is a T-Mobile only promo. I got the gear, Netflix and 30 best buy gift card. All times 2 since my girl got a edge too haha

Edited by Draztik, March 17, 2016 - 02:55 PM.

• Jackson likes this
21lsbya.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users