386 replies to this topic

#341 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,449 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted January 07, 2015 - 03:46 PM

Yea might have been a kernel issue too, do you install custom kernels or is your rom based with a custom kernel?

I had an old phone that I flashed a custom version of CM on and the same happened due to a experimental kernel it was using.
  • Kobe-Wan Kenobi likes this

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#342 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Off The Bench

• 1,769 posts

Posted January 08, 2015 - 12:23 AM

The ROM is based with the 3.4.0 version of CM.

Anyway, I tried to call and it works just fine.

#343 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

But I can’t love you obsessively for much longer.

• 10,257 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted January 13, 2015 - 01:02 PM

Hate that I can't delete songs out of my phone. It says the songs get deleted but then they pop up in my most recent list. I'm having to open my phones SD card on my PC & delete them that way. 

gifninja-1.gif

#344 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,534 posts

Posted March 29, 2015 - 09:09 AM

Did anyone here get the new Android 5.0 lollipop update? I'm loving it so far. The text msg feature looking all nice now and everything lol

#345 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,161 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 29, 2015 - 10:31 AM

^^^ Had it for these past few weeks and hate it.

For some odd reason lollipop has thrown off the optimization of my phone for battery consumption. I have the lg g3 and have read a factory reset could help it, but that is just annoying to deal with. Battery life is probably thee biggest thing I want from my phone and these past few weeks have been terrible in that regard.  Hopefully there is an update soon to fix it. 

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#346 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,534 posts

Posted March 30, 2015 - 05:11 AM

For some odd reason lollipop has thrown off the optimization of my phone for battery consumption. I have the lg g3 and have read a factory reset could help it, but that is just annoying to deal with. Battery life is probably thee biggest thing I want from my phone and these past few weeks have been terrible in that regard. Hopefully there is an update soon to fix it.

Interesting... will have to see how my phone (note 3) goes the next few days or weeks too I guess. I had that issue after some major update last year, with my phone going slow as hell and the battery draining quick as days went by.

Hope there is some update though to fix that, because I'm sure most people got all sorts of stuff on their phone and a factory reset would just be a huge hassle..

Edited by JEN, March 30, 2015 - 05:12 AM.

#347 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts
  • Name:Jorge Negrete
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 30, 2015 - 10:42 AM

Still waiting on that 5.1 update that T-Mobile started rolling out to Nexus devices like on the 19th.

#348 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts

Posted March 31, 2015 - 10:41 AM

Got 5.1 this morning.

Small upgrade, mostly performance improvements, few visual changes.

#349 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

• 10,257 posts

Posted April 01, 2015 - 11:16 AM

No lollipop update yet on my Verizon LG 3G. SMH

gifninja-1.gif

#350 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,760 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 01, 2015 - 11:46 AM

Question to a non bias android fans on here. Should I keep my phone? If so why?

I have an LG G3 and my girl has the new Iphone 6. To be honest, I am thinking of going over to the "darkside" to the iphone 6 because I am not as tech savy as I thought I was with my android. I never rooted my phone and I don't do many customization.  The only reason why I bought the LG G3 is because of the nice resolutions and big screen it has. Plus the clean edges.

Edited by epicwolf, April 01, 2015 - 11:47 AM.

#351 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,760 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 01, 2015 - 11:50 AM

For some odd reason lollipop has thrown off the optimization of my phone for battery consumption. I have the lg g3 and have read a factory reset could help it, but that is just annoying to deal with. Battery life is probably thee biggest thing I want from my phone and these past few weeks have been terrible in that regard.  Hopefully there is an update soon to fix it. 

Do you have the battery saver on?  Do you turn off the screen everytime you dont use your phone? I have the same phone and it lasted almost the whole day without charging it. Not sure how you use your phone to have such power consumptions. Do you run stuff in the background a lot?  I always turn off the data when I dont need to use it.

#352 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,534 posts

Posted April 24, 2015 - 12:09 PM

For some odd reason lollipop has thrown off the optimization of my phone for battery consumption. I have the lg g3 and have read a factory reset could help it, but that is just annoying to deal with. Battery life is probably thee biggest thing I want from my phone and these past few weeks have been terrible in that regard. Hopefully there is an update soon to fix it.

So I've had this update for almost a month now. No battery consumption issue here, but wow the phone goes slow as hell after a while. Apps be going slow. Trying to send texts takes centuries...and the letters appear all slow as well.
  • FranklinPeanuts likes this

#353 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,850 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 24, 2015 - 12:35 PM

So I've had this update for almost a month now. No battery consumption issue here, but wow the phone goes slow as hell after a while. Apps be going slow. Trying to send texts takes centuries...and the letters appear all slow as well.

Such the grumpy cat.. lol

Go Android...

#354 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,161 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 24, 2015 - 02:16 PM

Do you have the battery saver on?  Do you turn off the screen everytime you dont use your phone? I have the same phone and it lasted almost the whole day without charging it. Not sure how you use your phone to have such power consumptions. Do you run stuff in the background a lot?  I always turn off the data when I dont need to use it.

It had to do with the update throwing my phone outta wack. Before the update it gave me great battery life and I do most the things above that you mention to save battery life.

Luckily after a hard factory reset its back to normal and working like a charm. 

Looks like the update is starting to give you problems as well, that sucks. I did a hard reset and my phone is running as good as ever, if things for you keep up you should do one. It is kind of annoying to deal with but if you back up all your apps and numbers to your gmail the whole process isn't too bad. 

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#355 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 04:18 PM

Nexus 6 upgraded to 5.1.1 earlier today.

#356 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

• 10,257 posts

Posted September 23, 2015 - 12:20 PM

PC won't read all the files in my SD card anymore when I plug my phone in. Anyone had this issue? I can find all my music on my phone but not on the files once plugged in. 

gifninja-1.gif

#357 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted January 10, 2016 - 01:16 PM

What is everyones consensus on the Galaxy Note? I have an upgrade coming up in a few months and I played with the note 5 at the store and think it's awesome. Can't wait to see what the new one looks like

• 43,799 posts

Posted January 10, 2016 - 01:33 PM

They got rid of the sd card slot and removable battery though right? And not waterproof nor dust resistant?

yo.

#359 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,449 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted January 10, 2016 - 04:50 PM

What is everyones consensus on the Galaxy Note? I have an upgrade coming up in a few months and I played with the note 5 at the store and think it's awesome. Can't wait to see what the new one looks like

I've got a Note 5 and it's great

They got rid of the sd card slot and removable battery though right? And not waterproof nor dust resistant?

Yea

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#360 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,850 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 10, 2016 - 05:51 PM

That's all my nephew gets are the notes and he loves them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)