#1221 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Starter

• 5,137 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 20, 2016 - 06:58 AM

Kellerman is a huge Ward homer. Dude was busy the whole fight slobbering over Ward, and I'm a Kellerman fan.

Giving 7 rounds to Ward means you're giving him all the close rounds. In no way did he walk away with all the close rounds.
  •     likes this

#1222 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Starter

• 5,137 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 20, 2016 - 07:23 AM

Ward came back into it like a champ after the knockdown, I'm a fan, but you just can't give it do him with a UD. He simply did not do enough to win. It was close, but not enough.

Edited by Lakerace24, November 20, 2016 - 07:24 AM.

•     likes this

#1223 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,148 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted November 20, 2016 - 08:29 AM

Close but Ward def lost that fight. I mean look at Ward's face.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, November 20, 2016 - 08:40 AM.

•     likes this

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#1224 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 53,217 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 20, 2016 - 10:10 AM

Close but Ward def lost that fight. I mean look at Ward's face.

that doesn't mean much. 

If a harder puncher hits me 5 times during a round and ruffs up my face but I hit them 10 times and their face isn't messed up I still hit them more than they hit me.   Ward also invested more in the body than Kovalev did and that is what paid dividends later on. 

But as I said, anyone having it 7-5 either way or even 6-6 I wouldn't be mad at.  It was that type of fight.  Round 1 could have went to Ward, round 10 could have went to Kovalev, it was an either way kind of fight. 

It was the kind of fight you'd score 7-5 or 6-6 and one judge would have it 8-4 or 9-3 and it would screw up the other close scores.  

Not the case last night though.  

Edited by Majesty, November 20, 2016 - 10:10 AM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

• 43,107 posts

Posted November 20, 2016 - 12:37 PM

Sadly not surprised. Not the first time we see bull[expletive] in boxing nor will it be anything close to the last.

Apparently Kovalev next time just has to make extra damn sure he knocks Ward the [expletive] out and keeps his ass down.

I remember Lucas Matthyse once when being asked why almost 90 percent of his opponents and wins were knockouts, he simply stated because he had been screwed enough to learn to try and never leave it up to the judges and just finish the [expletive] himself leaving no doubt whatsoever nor chance for injustice. I wish more fighters would truly think and feel that way as well.

Also sends the wrong message to reward a guy like Ward who was constantly hugging/clinching and wrestling for most of the fight and the bloody ref not doing enough to stop or discourage it.

yo.

#1226 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,148 posts

Posted November 20, 2016 - 02:23 PM

that doesn't mean much. 
If a harder puncher hits me 5 times during a round and ruffs up my face but I hit them 10 times and their face isn't messed up I still hit them more than they hit me.   Ward also invested more in the body than Kovalev did and that is what paid dividends later on. 
But as I said, anyone having it 7-5 either way or even 6-6 I wouldn't be mad at.  It was that type of fight.  Round 1 could have went to Ward, round 10 could have went to Kovalev, it was an either way kind of fight. 
It was the kind of fight you'd score 7-5 or 6-6 and one judge would have it 8-4 or 9-3 and it would screw up the other close scores.  he
Not the case last night though.

It def means a lot when Kovalev kept working the jab all night. Kovalev was never threatened by Ward at all and was in control the whole night. He threw more punches and landed more punches and landed all the harder punches. So the you hit me more logic goes out the window. That is why his face look like that.

I thought it was a close fight. Ward fought a hell of a come back but but no way Ward should have won that fight.

#1227 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 53,217 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 20, 2016 - 03:11 PM

It def means a lot when Kovalev kept working the jab all night. Kovalev was never threatened by Ward at all and was in control the whole night. He threw more punches and landed more punches and landed all the harder punches. So the you hit me more logic goes out the window. That is why his face look like that.

I thought it was a close fight. Ward fought a hell of a come back but but no way Ward should have won that fight.

Kovalev was not in control the whole fight.  Ward beat him the entire back half of the fight.  The majority of the 2nd half of the fight was Ward's.  

Like I said, I gave Kovalev the first 3 rounds, though the 1st was close, Ward won 4th and 5th with me and Kovalev came back in the 6th but from 7-11 Ward won those more clear than the earlier ones bar the 10th which was close and made Kovalev fight his fight. Kovalev did come back and win the 12th on my card but Ward clearly began to change the pace of the fight from the 7th round onward to the 12th.   

So to me, Ward banked in 5 of the last 6 rounds. Which means if he won 2 of the first 5 he wins the fight.  And I gave him the 4th and the 5th, but I could have easily given Ward the 1st round and given Kovalev a close nod in the 10th and the result should be the same. 

Kovalev controlled the fight early, but he abandoned the game plan of waiting on Ward and began to chase which allowed Ward to catch him with traps and dictate the fight where he wanted, and it also allowed Ward to get inside and punish Kovalev's body which slowed him down in the later rounds. 

The Kovalev that was waiting on Ward, trying to time him with the jab and countering him effectively, disappeared after the 4th round started stalking him.  Even Kovalev's trainer John David Jackson started warning him that he was losing his patience, and Kovalev went from fighting a patient fight to following Ward which allowed Ward to systematically start picking at him, and when Kovalev tired, Ward took advantage. 

Watched this fight three times already, like I said, You could have it 7-5 either way and I wouldn't be mad or 6-6 with the 1 point going to Kovalev due to the knockdown.  But it was very clear that Ward started to dictate the pace in the 2nd half of the fight, and Kovalev abandoned the strategy that had been effective throughout the first few rounds and decided to chase instead of be patient and force Ward into mistakes. That is what cost him.  

So we'll have to agree to disagree.

Edited by Majesty, November 20, 2016 - 03:20 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#1228 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,148 posts

Posted April 29, 2017 - 04:21 PM

That's how you do it Joshua!

#1229 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 875 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted May 08, 2017 - 07:27 AM

Canelo vs Chavez Jr. was either fixed or Chavez Jr. just straight up didn't care. Either way he got paid.

#1230 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,395 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 08, 2017 - 09:03 AM

another ppv that was not worth the money. glad i did not pay for it. sheesh

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users