General Boxing Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1229 replies to this topic

• 43,794 posts

Posted November 22, 2015 - 12:33 AM

Heard the fight before with a Mexican and Japanese was pretty epic.

Shame Rigo was so damn boring. His opponent called him out after saying he came into the fight expecting to go up against a fighter and that did not happen whatsoever.
  • Majesty likes this

yo.

#1202 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 22, 2015 - 04:55 AM

Rigo gets the same bashing Mayweather gets.  

His opponent said that cause he could do nothing about it.   It's th equivilent of the guy trying to punch Martin Lawrence in Black Knight and going "WHAT DO YOU MOVE FOR!?!?!?!?" and Martin Lawrence goes "It's called boxing." and then punches him in the face :P    

Of course opponents would rather that person stands and slugs..cause it's the only chance they have.    You're pretty much begging a guy to fight your fight so you have a chance to win :P  So I find it funny when opponents get all huffy and insulting.  It's schoolyard "I got whooped so I'll deflect!" mentality. 

Also still shocked to find out he's 35. 

Edited by Majesty, November 22, 2015 - 04:57 AM.

• Draztik likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#1203 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,230 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted November 22, 2015 - 08:42 AM

Classic movie love that movie. Had a mega crush on Nicole. Anyway

Thought the judges got the fight right on canelo vs cotto but def was closer fight than what they scored it.

Haven't seen the Rigo fight because thought I wasn't going to find a stream but decided to look for one anyway and missed it. But yea he's 35 he couldn't get fights because no one wants to fight him.
  • Majesty likes this

• 43,794 posts

Posted November 22, 2015 - 09:08 AM

Then he shouldn't have been on a ppv card. Most people don't pay to wanna see that bull[expletive] unless you're Mayweather perhaps and even then only most hoping to miraculously see you lose.

yo.

#1205 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted November 22, 2015 - 12:38 PM

If people want to see slugfests galore they can always tune into the UFC. In boxing there's multiple styles of effectiveness and if a guy is quicker and slicker against a stronger bigger punching fighter then why should heat and and trade and give up his advantages? For the fans?

That's like asking a striker in MMA to grapple with a jiu jitsu expert cause the fans wanna see it.

You don't give up your advantages in ANY sport. It's up to your opponent to nullify them. If they can't then that's not your problem.

Would you want a prime Kobe launching 3s all day instead of working guys over in the post because 3s are more exciting to some fans? Then don't hate on boxers for outBOXING someone.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

• 43,794 posts

Posted November 22, 2015 - 12:43 PM

Not feeling the Kobe example no offense. Keep it at its base.

and no, if you're trying to sell something, particularly on a featured ppv card, then you should know better. Keep [expletive] like that off the most expensive cards.

yo.

#1207 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted November 23, 2015 - 09:28 PM

Fighters play to their strengths.  Don't hate on on for cutting off another's and the other not being able to do something about it. 

It's up to the opponent to nullify that, if they can't after months of preparing for the guy then it's on them. 

#1208 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,230 posts

Posted November 23, 2015 - 10:13 PM

Rigo was rusty and his timing was off. The dude has been out for an entire year and took the fight on a week notice and still dominated him. If you want to see him really step it up you tell Arum to give him Lomachenko and I promise you that won't be a boring fight.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, November 23, 2015 - 10:13 PM.

• Majesty likes this

#1209 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted November 28, 2015 - 03:56 PM

Went to a boxing match and a musical broke out 

https://twitter.com/...748350539526144

Congrats to Tyson Fury either way. 

#1210 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,230 posts

Posted December 13, 2015 - 04:21 PM

Impressed with Anthony Joshua and his potential. The next great HW? We'll see. He has the potential tho.

#1211 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted December 13, 2015 - 07:45 PM

Good potential. I'm waiting for Deontay Wilder to get a big shot to see what he's really made of.

#1212 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

But I can’t love you obsessively for much longer.

• 10,257 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted December 15, 2015 - 12:57 PM

Wilders post on twitter are pretty funny. Especially the ones directed at Shannon Briggs.

This the bout i'm waiting on. So many people hate on Garcia & too many are writing Robert "The Ghost" off...

Danny-Garcia-vs-Robert-Guerrero-Live-Str

gifninja-1.gif

#1213 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted December 15, 2015 - 07:33 PM

Wilders post on twitter are pretty funny. Especially the ones directed at Shannon Briggs.

This the bout i'm waiting on. So many people hate on Garcia & too many are writing Robert "The Ghost" off...

Danny-Garcia-vs-Robert-Guerrero-Live-Str

Thought Garcia was Klay Thompson for a second. 

• RobBlake likes this

#1214 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,230 posts

Posted December 20, 2015 - 03:45 PM

Walters got robbed those judges should be fired!!

#1215 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,230 posts

Posted January 17, 2016 - 12:38 AM

My boy Wilder with another knockout boy got stupid power still needs to keep improving and getting better tho. Still see flaws but needs to keep improving.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, January 17, 2016 - 12:40 AM.

#1216 Yaboy

Yaboy

Starter

• 4,616 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 10, 2016 - 08:10 PM

All the Pacquiao fans disappeared lol

• Majesty likes this

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#1217 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,222 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted November 05, 2016 - 12:34 PM

Boxing streams? Anyone?

#1218 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted November 19, 2016 - 09:46 PM

Ward vs Kovalev was a great fight, and Andre has major stones stepping up in weight to fight the guy for all the belts and leaving Super Middleweight behind.  

Tale of two halves.  Kovalev dominated early and dropped Ward in the 2nd.  But Ward started to figure him out by the 5th and began to win and put rounds into the bank, round 5-11 I'd have given maybe only one of those to Kovalev, but Ward could have very well swept them after losing 4 of the first 5.  

Unanimous across the board 114-113 for Ward  

Can't say I argue with that, though it honestly could have as easily been a draw imo.  Those two were evenly matched and you got to see both fighters, Kovalev's dominance early, Ward's ability to adapt and take over the fight late, especially in a KEY 11th round.   

Great performance by both men.  Ward wiih this result should be unquestionably the Number 1 P4P Fighter in the World right now.  

Great fight. 

#1219 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Starter

• 5,137 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 19, 2016 - 10:47 PM

No way does Ward win 7 rounds in that fight. Damn good fight, it was close, but there is no way you could give Ward 7 rounds there. Rematch ASAP because Kov got jobbed. Feel for the guy losing his belts like that.
  •     likes this

#1220 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted November 20, 2016 - 03:43 AM

It's very easy to guess Ward winning 7 rounds.  Because he just about for sure won 5 of the last 6 imo.  If he won the 4th and 5th as he did on Max's card that's essentially 5 rounds to 7. 

Round 1: Kovalev 10-9
Round 2: Kovalev 10-8 
Round 3: Kovalev 10-9 
Round 4: Ward 10-9 
Round 5: Ward 10-9 
Round 6: Kovalev 10-9
Round 7: Ward 10-9 
Round 8: Ward 10-9 
Round 9: Ward 10-9 
Round 10: Ward 10-9
Round 11: Ward 10-9
Round 12: Kovalev 10-9

Ward 114-113 

That's essentially how I had it.  Not a robbery by any stretch as there was a few close rounds.   

Jobbed would have been if Ward won 9-3 or such.  But the most I've seen people have Ward winning is 7-5 or Kovalev winning 7-5 or Kovalev winning 6-6 with the knockdown being the factor. 

Close fight, but not a robbery, I'd have been fine either way.   The key round however that Ward won was the 11th. 

Edited by Majesty, November 20, 2016 - 03:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users