LA Lakers at Miami

• Please log in to reply
945 replies to this topic

#901 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted March 10, 2011 - 07:29 PM

pau and lamar being unable to get any sort of rebound, or take advantage of bosh's marshmellow defense lost us this game

had bynum not come into the second half grabbing rebounds like crazy we lose by 10. he saved us from pau and lamar today.

Bynum should have guard Bosh the whole game.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#902 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,449 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted March 10, 2011 - 07:30 PM

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

At least Bynum showed up after halftime if he would have been playing hard like that the entire game the rebounding advantage would have been ours. Damn Kobe going ice cold too WTF?!?! You see your star player on your team is not doing well so bail him out & move on offense towards the ball or cut for easy back door layups. The only person that decided to be aggressive once Kobe went cold was Artest, but sadly his offense is nowhere near what it was when he could have done that. Please Artest don't ever take more than 3 dribbles again, especially in a crowded lane.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#903 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted March 10, 2011 - 07:32 PM

VERY SURE.He flopped ridiculously. It seemed like he shot out of a cannon and a to see a guy his size fall down like that from nothing is just sad.

Wade is great, lots of respect, but 06 was basically a fabrication of how good he is. Just showed how easy for him to get the calls while kobe other than being hammered, bludgeoned, stabbed won't get those gimme calls.

I rarely blame the refs for losing but this should'nt go unnoticed.
I hate it when we lose but i hate it more when the refs really screwed the lakers like a japanese girl stuck on a bondage

Edited by Macasero, March 10, 2011 - 07:34 PM.

•     likes this

#904 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,398 posts

Posted March 10, 2011 - 07:33 PM

exactly. and barnes needs to get into game shape as soon as he can because we need his speed and rebounding energy off the bench
Posted Image

#905 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted March 10, 2011 - 07:33 PM

Bynum would tear his knees guarding the greek goddess of [expletive], pussylaea

it's gonna suck in june, when we won the ship against the celtics or the bulls and heat fans will say "you guys are lucky you didn't have us in the finals"
[expletive]

#906 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,398 posts

Posted March 10, 2011 - 07:35 PM

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

At least Bynum showed up after halftime if he would have been playing hard like that the entire game the rebounding advantage would have been ours. Damn Kobe going ice cold too WTF?!?! You see your star player on your team is not doing well so bail him out & move on offense towards the ball or cut for easy back door layups. The only person that decided to be aggressive once Kobe went cold was Artest, but sadly his offense is nowhere near what it was when he could have done that. Please Artest don't ever take more than 3 dribbles again, especially in a crowded lane.

its like i said. had bynum not shown up in the 2nd half we lose by 10. in the end we only lost by 9 in the rebounding but that was only because of bynum. had he not shown up we would have lost the rebounding department anywhere from 10-15 rebounds
Posted Image

#907 K0be10-11

K0be10-11

Starter

• 4,503 posts
  • Name:Don't Worry About It
  • Fan Since:Since 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Bynum would tear his knees guarding the greek goddess of [expletive], pussylaea

it's gonna suck in june, when we won the ship against the celtics or the bulls and heat fans will say "you guys are lucky you didn't have us in the finals"
[expletive]

Not really, because Bulls/Celtics will be the ones that will be beating Heat and we can just be like "We beat the team you guys couldn't beat".
Posted Image

#908 Riot

Riot

Trojan

• 5,201 posts
  • Fan Since:'95

Kobe's last few shots....what in the world? Yeah, I'll admit that I would have been going crazy if he made it but on his last two shots, we didn't even need a 3. A pull up 2 would have been great, 30 seconds left, down 2. I could live with that. Better than taking a shot right after crossing the halfcourt. Questionable calls and some missed ones were for both teams tonight. We almost had it, too.

Tough one to swallow, since Miami and its fans think they're hot [expletive] now. But I can't stay mad at this team. Eight game winning streak with some terrific defense since ASG, AND we embarrassed the hell out of SAS while Kobe had some record-breaking moments, we'll get the next one guys. Just a few mistakes down the stretch that cost us this game.
  • 5thDroog likes this

#909 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted March 10, 2011 - 07:36 PM

game changing plays/sequences:

the biggest one was when Kobe was "stripped" by Wade.. led to the dunk to put MIA up 90-88 with 1.27 left to play... clearly contact, Wade nearly went through him to strip the ball, but what also went unnoticed was Mike Miller taking out Gasol's legs which didnt allow him to get to the loose ball.. should have been a loose ball foul on Miller.

while Artest missed the shot, the ball was still clearly on/above the cylinder which by rule is a goal-tend when touched.. should have been two points for LA and a tie game.

the no call under the rim when Kobe was fouled by Wade... Wade clearly grabbed and pulled Kobes arm off the ball, leading to Kobe not being able to fully control the ball.. should have put Kobe on the line for two.. would have tied the game.

then the bull[expletive] foul they called on Artest was the icing on the cake.. after seeing the ball go over his head and realizing he couldnt get to it, LeBron took a dive and drew a foul on Artest that put the game out of reach.

oh well.

well said, miller basically ankle locked pau.

oh well, on the bright side tho.. Lakers played [expletive]ty offense and we lose by 6.

#910 K0be10-11

K0be10-11

Starter

• 4,503 posts
  • Name:Don't Worry About It
  • Fan Since:Since 2000

Posted March 10, 2011 - 07:37 PM

The only thing i hate about this loss, is because we kind of gave confidence to the Heat again and Heat fans can't just stfu.
Posted Image

• 43,801 posts

Posted March 10, 2011 - 07:37 PM

Questionable calls and some missed ones were for both teams tonight. We almost had it, too.

Oh great, another politically correct stance. Give me a break. You know the most critical calls & non calls at the end of the game went the Heat's favor. It was a [expletive]in' travesty. Some dude posted literally 4-5 examples of calls that were missed that went the Heat's way in the final like 1 minute of the game seemingly. That's HUGE

yo.

#912 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,718 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted March 10, 2011 - 07:39 PM

waiting for someone to bring david stern into it, or did i miss it already? he couldn't have the heatles drop 6 straight right? lol

Posted Image

• 43,801 posts

Posted March 10, 2011 - 07:42 PM

Never believed in 'conspiracy theories' or things like that [expletive]. That's a little too extreme for me, but bad officiating, certainly, that does occur from time to time, and tonight, mainly at the end of the game really, travesty for the game to end like that the way it did. At least 4 or 5 crucial things being let go or missed there that would've went our way.

yo.

#914 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted March 10, 2011 - 07:43 PM

Not really, because Bulls/Celtics will be the ones that will be beating Heat and we can just be like "We beat the team you guys couldn't beat".

Not really, rule of triangle doesn't apply to stupid and moronic fans. :laughing:

Kobe's last few shots....what in the world? Yeah, I'll admit that I would have been going crazy if he made it but on his last two shots, we didn't even need a 3. A pull up 2 would have been great, 30 seconds left, down 2. I could live with that. Better than taking a shot right after crossing the halfcourt. Questionable calls and some missed ones were for both teams tonight. We almost had it, too.

Tough one to swallow, since Miami and its fans think they're hot [expletive] now. But I can't stay mad at this team. Eight game winning streak with some terrific defense since ASG, AND we embarrassed the hell out of SAS while Kobe had some record-breaking moments, we'll get the next one guys. Just a few mistakes down the stretch that cost us this game.

exactly, we were about to surge in the 3rd quarter after that d-fish 3 putting us ahead by 6 til shanon brown showed up and we had like 3 turnovers in a row.

waiting for someone to bring david stern into it, or did i miss it already? he couldn't have the heatles drop 6 straight right? lol

:laughing:

Edited by Macasero, March 10, 2011 - 07:44 PM.

#915 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted March 10, 2011 - 07:45 PM

oh to add another one, wade was practically nut hugging kobe when kobe took that corner 3.

#916 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• Contributor
  • 14,996 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted March 10, 2011 - 07:47 PM

I think if Lamar Odom would have showed up, we would have won this game. But, he simply didn't show up this game. Bynum really should have played MUCH more than LO did. Drew was the only big really getting after it defensively and on the boards.

#917 Riot

Riot

Trojan

• 5,201 posts
  • Fan Since:'95

Posted March 10, 2011 - 07:48 PM

Oh great, another politically correct stance. Give me a break. You know the most critical calls & non calls at the end of the game went the Heat's favor. It was a [expletive]in' travesty. Some dude posted literally 4-5 examples of calls that were missed that went the Heat's way in the final like 1 minute of the game seemingly. That's HUGE

Oh great, another paranoid Laker fan.

Get real. I don't see anyone taking off their homer glasses to acknowledge the 4-5 missed calls for the other team EVER. The refs are always horrible, as many have stated before.

You wanna know why we lost?

Ron Artest missed a wide open layup that would have brought up within 2 with 40 seconds left.
Kobe took a halfcourt shot with 20 seconds left.
Kobe got the ball, 3 seconds later, he thinks it's the first half and shoots the deepest three of the game, 30 seconds left, only down 4.
Pau Gasol got PUNK'd by Bosh 5-6 times, with the EXACT.SAME.MOVE.
Our bench went 4-17.
We got outrebounded 46-37 and we have two 7 footers.

Yeah, there were some pretty bad calls. But STFU about the refs already. We had the game, we were up 6 in the 3rd before we started giving it away.
  • 5thDroog and J-H!zZl3 like this

#918 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• Contributor
  • 14,996 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted March 10, 2011 - 07:51 PM

I agree that the refs are not totally to blame for this, but they certainly didn't help with those terrible calls/missed calls down the stretch. We stunk it up. Bad. Terrible interior defense, stagnant offense in the second half, and an inability to rebound. That's really what cost us this game.

#919 An Assassins Mentality

An Assassins Mentality

Greatness Personified

• 695 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 and Magic

Posted March 10, 2011 - 07:54 PM

You wanna know why we lost?

Ron Artest missed a wide open layup that would have brought up within 2 with 40 seconds left.
Kobe took a halfcourt shot with 20 seconds left.
Kobe got the ball, 3 seconds later, he thinks it's the first half and shoots the deepest three of the game, 30 seconds left, only down 4.
Pau Gasol got PUNK'd by Bosh 5-6 times, with the EXACT.SAME.MOVE.
Our bench went 4-17.
We got outrebounded 46-37 and we have two 7 footers.

Not to mention we were outscored 46-30 in points in the paint... a stat we should always dominate... I mean all the BS calls aside, we got nothing from our bench (other than LO who had a couple bright spots)... Blake Barnes and Brown gave us absolutely nothing, who combined to go 0-6 lol yikes... and then we were outrebounded by 9 and were - 16 in PIP... thats why we really lost.
"He's the best player in the game. It's just that simple. There's nothing that Kobe Bryant can't do. He will defend your best player. He will shoot from the perimeter. He will get all in your mug, he will do whatever it takes. He is the most complete basketball player in the game today, bar none. He has an assassin's mentality." -- Stephen A. Smith

#920 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,698 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 10, 2011 - 08:08 PM

The 18 offensive boards were the Heat's highest total since December 2009.

Pau Gasol is GONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users